Thank you for your continued interest in career opportunities with UNC Health! Please note the following:
**This referral program is applicable to teammates within UNC Health's core facilities and divisions. This includes UNC Health Caldwell, UNC Health Chatham, UNC Health Alliance, UNC Hospitals (UNC Medical Center, UNC WakeBrook, UNC Hillsborough, and UNC Faculty Physicians), UNC Health Johnston, UNC Physicians Network, UNC Health Rex, UNC Rex Holly Springs, UNC Health Rockingham, and Shared Services.**
Current teammates, looking to refer someone? Check out our Teammate Referral Program to earn extra cash!
Current teammates, please ensure that you submit your candidate in our system, before they apply. For teammate referral guidelines and eligibility, click here.
Current UNC Health teammates also now have access to our myCareer - Career Development Resources, which provide tools and guidance to employees to create a career plan.
Job ID: 59810
Location: Rocky Mount, NC
Facility/Division: Nash UNC Health Care
Status: Full Time
Shift: Day Job
This position qualifies for our UNC Health Nash, RN Incentive Program, which includes up to $25,000 commitment incentive or up to $15,000 tuition loan forgiveness. In addition, this position is also eligible for up to $3,000 in relocation assistance (based on location) and our employee referral program.
The Clinical Nurse IV practices at the level of an expert practitioner of nursing, as defined by Benner, P. (1984). From Novice to Expert. Addison-Wesley Publishing Company. The nurse at this level demonstrates expertise in caring for patients with multiple and complex problems. In addition to demonstrating clinical leadership on the unit, the Clinical Nurse IV serves as a role model, resource, and hospital-wide consultant to staff and participates in endeavors to increase nursing knowledge. Provides professional nursing care to patients assigned to a specific Nursing Unit. Provides patient care within the parameters of this assignment of responsibility, according to prescribed, delegated medical regimen, and the hospital policies. Incumbents are accountable to the North Carolina Board of Nursing for practicing nursing within the scope of the North Carolina Nursing Practice Act.
1. EDUCATION AND PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT - Coordinates, designs and implements educational programs to meet identified learning needs of staff, patients and families. Promotes and ensures staff participation in continuing education, orientation, competency, in-service and staff development offerings. Participates in development and implementation of competency initiatives. Serves as an area of specialty consultant in the design of educational programs. Participates in development of and provides clinical expertise for patient education materials. Promotes professional growth of self and staff. Promotes a conducive environment for learning and provides educational experiences for students.
2. EVALUATION - Evaluates patient progress and revises plan accordingly. Maintains accountability for carrying out components of the plan. Works with manager to ensure care on unit is accordance with policies and procedures.
3. IMPLEMENTATION - Promotes an environment that values diversity, open communication, teamwork and exceptional service. Ensures that appropriate care and services are available to patients, clients and families for assigned shift. Facilitates interdisciplinary collaboration in patient/client care planning to achieve desired patient outcomes. Coordinates care with interdisciplinary team members. Demonstrates and role models clinical expertise in specified patient population and shares expertise with other staff. Promotes and ensures the use of the nursing process to provide quality patient care. Assesses and anticipates patient and family learning needs and organizes resources to ensure that they are met. Performs bedside point of care testing as required for patient care plan.
4. LEADERSHIP - Creates and promotes an environment conducive to recruiting and retaining staff. Provides feedback to Manager/Supervisor and Director to assist in hiring, promoting, transferring and terminating staff. Assists Nurse Manager by providing assigned staff with performance feedback and opportunity to set professional goals. Models and promotes behaviors that effectively give continual feedback to staff and colleagues. Integrates best practice standards regarding retention of staff in all aspects of practice.
5. ASSESSMENT - Synthesizes data from complex situations to determine priorities for care. Includes appropriate physical, psychosocial and educational needs. Synthesizes assessment data into meaningful whole prior to communication with others. Assesses and anticipates discharge needs of individual patients and families. Develops relationships with families that promote their ability to advocate for the patient and their own needs. Works with manager to demonstrate specialization needs to serve the patient population.
6. PLANNING - Establishes and promotes standards of excellence for areas of responsibility and ensures consistent implementation by staff. Provides input about trends related to program development, space needs and fiscal realities. Ensures appropriate and adequate clinical staffing and skill mix to meet patient care needs on own shift and upcoming shift. Effectively uses clinical and financial information to assist Nurse Manager to establish and meet budgetary goals. Collaborates with Nurse Manager to implement strategies to increase revenue and cost-effectively manage personnel, supply and equipment resources. Evaluates the impact of strategic fiscal changes on quality outcomes. Assists Nurse Manager to ensure that internal and external regulatory standards are met or exceeded.
7. RESEARCH AND PERFORMANCE IMPROVEMENT - Collaborates with Nurse Manager to evaluate research that is applicable to practice and promotes changes in standards of care as appropriate. Guides research development and implementation. Utilizes resources in asking research questions and applying appropriate research methods. Shares knowledge with colleagues through publication, presentations or other means. Develops, implements and evaluates new and creative approaches to meeting goals. Leads, participates and promotes performance improvement initiatives that focus on identified patient safety or quality of care opportunities.
Legal Employer: Nash Hospitals
Entity: Nash UNC Health Care
Organization Unit: NGH Angiography
Work Type: Full Time
Standard Hours Per Week: 40.00
Work Schedule: Day Job
Location of Job: NASH HC
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: Not Applicable
The UNC Health System and the UNC School of Medicine are committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling our UNC Health vision of improving the health of all North Carolinians.
UNC Health is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, status as a protected veteran or political affiliation.
All interested applicants are invited to apply for career opportunities. Please refer to our Employment Application Accessibility page if you need a reasonable accommodation to search and/or to apply for a career opportunity.
To verify employment eligibility, UNC Health is committed to Form I-9 and the E-Verify process.
Learn further E-Verify details in E-Verify (English) or E-Verify (Spanish).
UNC Health supports your right to work. View the Right of Work Statement (English) or Right of Work Statement (Spanish).
View the KNOW YOUR RIGHTS (English) or the KNOW YOUR RIGHTS (Spanish)posters.
View the PAY TRANSPARENCY (English) or the PAY TRANSPARENCY (Spanish)Nondiscrimination provision posters.
View the Federal Workplace poster. View our EEO/AA Policy Statement.