Thank you for your continued interest in career opportunities with UNC Health! Please note the following:
**This referral program is applicable to teammates within UNC Health's core facilities and divisions. This includes UNC Health Caldwell, UNC Health Chatham, UNC Health Alliance, UNC Hospitals (UNC Medical Center, UNC WakeBrook, UNC Hillsborough, and UNC Faculty Physicians), UNC Health Johnston, UNC Physicians Network, UNC Health Rex, UNC Rex Holly Springs, UNC Health Rockingham, and Shared Services.**
Current teammates, looking to refer someone? Check out our Teammate Referral Program to earn extra cash!
Current teammates, please ensure that you submit your candidate in our system, before they apply. For teammate referral guidelines and eligibility, click here.
Current UNC Health teammates also now have access to our myCareer - Career Development Resources, which provide tools and guidance to employees to create a career plan.
Job ID: 61827
Location: Goldsboro, NC
Facility/Division: Wayne UNC Health Care
Status: Full Time
Shift: Night Job
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 40,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
The OB Tech, Certified is a member of the obstetrical team, performing scrub nurse and surgical assistant duties throughout surgical procedures, assisting the nurses in L&D, and functioning in the role of preceptor to OB techs new to the department.
Essential Job Duties
1. Prepares for C-section cases based on patient needs. Checks and ensures sterility and availability of instruments, supplies and equipment. Is knowledgeable in operation of equipment. Anticipates provider and supply needs during cases and responds accordingly.
2. Provides skilled, safe care within scope of practice.
3. If registered as a Nursing Assistant (NAI or II), may provide nursing assistant care within the applicable NA scope of practice.
4. Responds appropriately to emergency and code situations. Remains calm and works effectively in stressful situations.
5. Is flexible and available to work a variety of shifts to ensure coverage for the area.
6. Completes continuing education and in-service programs to meet regulatory and job requirements.
7. Presents and promotes a professional demeanor at all times, exhibits high standards of customer service, supports responsibility, pride, and teamwork, and offers reasonable solutions for problems.
8. Demonstrates appropriate interaction with and provides recommended care and services to all patients. Ensures the delivery of age appropriate, culturally sensitive and ethical care for patients.
9. Applies knowledge of principles of standard precautions. Routinely uses PPE to avoid risk of exposure to self and others.
10. Contributes to the efficiency, effectiveness, quality and safety of the operating room by working cooperatively, respectfully and with integrity.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
Legal Employer: Wayne Health
Entity: Wayne UNC Health Care
Organization Unit: Labor & Delivery
Work Type: Full Time
Standard Hours Per Week: 36.00
Work Schedule: Night Job
Location of Job: WAYNE MED
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: No
The UNC Health System and the UNC School of Medicine are committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling our UNC Health vision of improving the health of all North Carolinians.
UNC Health is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, status as a protected veteran or political affiliation.
All interested applicants are invited to apply for career opportunities. Please refer to our Employment Application Accessibility page if you need a reasonable accommodation to search and/or to apply for a career opportunity.
To verify employment eligibility, UNC Health is committed to Form I-9 and the E-Verify process.
Learn further E-Verify details in E-Verify (English) or E-Verify (Spanish).
UNC Health supports your right to work. View the Right of Work Statement (English) or Right of Work Statement (Spanish).
View the KNOW YOUR RIGHTS (English) or the KNOW YOUR RIGHTS (Spanish)posters.
View the PAY TRANSPARENCY (English) or the PAY TRANSPARENCY (Spanish)Nondiscrimination provision posters.
View the Federal Workplace poster. View our EEO/AA Policy Statement.