Thank you for your continued interest in career opportunities with UNC Health! Please note the following:
**This referral program is applicable to teammates within UNC Health's core facilities and divisions. This includes UNC Health Caldwell, UNC Health Chatham, UNC Health Alliance, UNC Hospitals (UNC Medical Center, UNC WakeBrook, UNC Hillsborough, and UNC Faculty Physicians), UNC Health Johnston, UNC Physicians Network, UNC Health Rex, UNC Rex Holly Springs, UNC Health Rockingham, and Shared Services.**
Current teammates, looking to refer someone? Check out our Teammate Referral Program to earn extra cash!
Current teammates, please ensure that you submit your candidate in our system, before they apply. For teammate referral guidelines and eligibility, click here.
Job ID: 64581
Location: Chapel Hill, NC
Facility/Division: UNC Medical Center
Status: Full Time
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 40,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
Performs skilled work in the repair, construction, and maintenance of various refrigeration and air conditioning systems, including associated air handling, control devices and equipment, heating, ventilation, chilled water distribution systems, chillers and energy management control systems. Work is performed on rotating shifts and/or set day/evening/night work schedules as required.
1. Analyze building heating and cooling systems and recommend modifications to achieve better operation and energy efficiency
2. Completes required documentation for records and reports in a timely and complete fashion.
3. Conduct repairs and operations of all systems on an emergency basis when working the rotating shifts
4. Install, repair and maintain various HVAC and refrigeration systems. Install, repair and maintain pneumatic control systems and associated components and equipment installed and used in the HVAC, chilled water, refrigeration systems and medical air systems.
5. Perform maintenance and operational tests on HVAC and refrigeration system devices, using equipment such as refrigerant recovery systems and refrigerant pressure gauges. Perform all required tests and maintain the HVAC systems to meet Infection Control requirements and respond to patient and staff complaints regarding heating and cooling problems.
6. Perform system troubleshooting and repair of HVAC and refrigeration control circuits and equipment properly using a variety of electronics and electrical test equipment, system and device drawings and air monitor output and reports. Perform preventative maintenance and repair of refrigeration, air conditioning and air handling equipment. Perform computerized energy system monitoring. Record, analyze and use operational data of chillers in accordance with preset parameters.
7. Provide first response fire brigade and disaster relief and support as required or requested.
8. Schedules and completes work assignments received at level of independence defined for job level
● High School diploma or GED
● Must obtain Chlorofluorocarbon (CFC) certification within 12 months of hire.
● If a Driver: Valid NC Driver's license.
Professional Experience Requirements:
● Three (3) years direct experience installing, maintaining and repairing air conditioning, heating, ventilation, chillers, chilled water distribution, refrigeration and control systems.
Knowledge/Skills/and Abilities Requirements:
Legal Employer: NC Health
Entity: Shared Services
Organization Unit: Maintenance
Work Type: Full Time
Standard Hours Per Week: 40.00
Work Schedule: Variable
Location of Job: US:NC:Chapel Hill
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: No
This position is employed by NC Health (Rex Healthcare, Inc., d/b/a NC Health), a private, fully-owned subsidiary of UNC Health Care System, in a department that provides shared services to operations across UNC Health Care; except that, if you are currently a UNCHCS State employee already working in a designated shared services department, you may remain a UNCHCS State employee if selected for this job.
Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
UNC Health makes reasonable accommodations for applicants' and employees' religious practices and beliefs, as well as applicants and employees with disabilities. All interested applicants are invited to apply for career opportunities. Please email [email protected] if you need a reasonable accommodation to search and/or to apply for a career opportunity.
The UNC Health System and the UNC School of Medicine are committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling our UNC Health vision of improving the health of all North Carolinians.
UNC Health is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, status as a protected veteran or political affiliation.
All interested applicants are invited to apply for career opportunities. Please refer to our Employment Application Accessibility page if you need a reasonable accommodation to search and/or to apply for a career opportunity.
To verify employment eligibility, UNC Health is committed to Form I-9 and the E-Verify process.