Thank you for your continued interest in career opportunities with UNC Health! Please note the following:
**This referral program is applicable to teammates within UNC Health's core facilities and divisions. This includes UNC Health Caldwell, UNC Health Chatham, UNC Health Alliance, UNC Hospitals (UNC Medical Center, UNC WakeBrook, UNC Hillsborough, and UNC Faculty Physicians), UNC Health Johnston, UNC Physicians Network, UNC Health Rex, UNC Rex Holly Springs, UNC Health Rockingham, and Shared Services.**
Current teammates, looking to refer someone? Check out our Teammate Referral Program to earn extra cash!
Current teammates, please ensure that you submit your candidate in our system, before they apply. For teammate referral guidelines and eligibility, click here.
Current UNC Health teammates also now have access to our myCareer - Career Development Resources, which provide tools and guidance to employees to create a career plan.
Job ID: 65134
Location: Raleigh, NC
Facility/Division: UNC REX Healthcare
Status: Per Diem
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 40,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
This position will support acute care with weekend and holiday requirement. Acute care experience preferred.
This is professional level work involving the evaluation of patient disabilities, planning, and administration of physical therapy treatments. Incumbents complete documentation instruct patients, families, and students and participate in clinical program development and management. Work is performed under general supervision with all treatments being prescribed by a physician.
1. Selects and performs appropriate Physical Therapy (PT) evaluation procedures to identify and assess problems. Sets treatment goals and devises a treatment plan. Re-evaluates and adjusts the PT treatment plan in response to the patient's changing condition and discharge plans.
2. Manages resources needed to perform PT treatment plan to accomplish goals set for the patient.
3. Completes PT documentation in the medical record per department guidelines and completes department records for billing and statistics.
4. Manages PT caseload with efficiency and efficacy.
5. Provides clinical supervision and teaching for PT students or staff. Plans orientation, caseload, and other learning activities. Provides regular feedback and coaching. Evaluates the learner's performance.
6. Plans and coordinates clinical programs in response to patient needs, technologies, clinical practices, regulations and reimbursement. Provides regular communication with physicians, supervisor, and others regarding PT programs and patients served.
● Graduation from an accredited Physical Therapy program.
● - Licensed as a Physical Therapist in the state of North Carolina.
● - BLS
Professional Experience Requirements:
● No prior experience required.
Knowledge/Skills/and Abilities Requirements:
Legal Employer: NCHEALTH
Entity: UNC REX Healthcare
Organization Unit: Rex IP Rehab Svcs
Work Type: Per Diem
Standard Hours Per Week: 4.00
Work Schedule: Variable
Location of Job: US:NC:Raleigh
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: No
Flat Rate: $44.96 per hour
This position is employed by NC Health (Rex Healthcare, Inc., d/b/a NC Health), a private, fully-owned subsidiary of UNC Heath Care System. This is not a State employed position.
Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
UNC Health makes reasonable accommodations for applicants' and employees' religious practices and beliefs, as well as applicants and employees with disabilities. All interested applicants are invited to apply for career opportunities. Please email [email protected] if you need a reasonable accommodation to search and/or to apply for a career opportunity.
The UNC Health System and the UNC School of Medicine are committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling our UNC Health vision of improving the health of all North Carolinians.
UNC Health is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, status as a protected veteran or political affiliation.
All interested applicants are invited to apply for career opportunities. Please refer to our Employment Application Accessibility page if you need a reasonable accommodation to search and/or to apply for a career opportunity.
To verify employment eligibility, UNC Health is committed to Form I-9 and the E-Verify process.
Learn further E-Verify details in E-Verify (English) or E-Verify (Spanish).
UNC Health supports your right to work. View the Right of Work Statement (English) or Right of Work Statement (Spanish).
View the KNOW YOUR RIGHTS (English) or the KNOW YOUR RIGHTS (Spanish)posters.
View the PAY TRANSPARENCY (English) or the PAY TRANSPARENCY (Spanish)Nondiscrimination provision posters.
View the Federal Workplace poster. View our EEO/AA Policy Statement.