Thank you for your continued interest in career opportunities with UNC Health! Please note the following:
**This referral program is applicable to teammates within UNC Health's core facilities and divisions. This includes UNC Health Caldwell, UNC Health Chatham, UNC Health Alliance, UNC Hospitals (UNC Medical Center, UNC WakeBrook, UNC Hillsborough, and UNC Faculty Physicians), UNC Health Johnston, UNC Physicians Network, UNC Health Rex, UNC Rex Holly Springs, UNC Health Rockingham, and Shared Services.**
Current teammates, looking to refer someone? Check out our Teammate Referral Program to earn extra cash!
Current teammates, please ensure that you submit your candidate in our system, before they apply. For teammate referral guidelines and eligibility, click here.
Current UNC Health teammates also now have access to our myCareer - Career Development Resources, which provide tools and guidance to employees to create a career plan.
Job ID: 67103
Location: Smithfield, NC
Facility/Division: Johnston Health
Status: Per Diem
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 40,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
Provides care of patients by optimizing medication use and drug distribution services.
1. Receives prescriptions, interprets prescriptions, and reviews the patient's medication profile /history. Clarifies incomplete, inaccurate, or contraindicated prescriptions with the prescriber, nurse, or other health professional, as appropriate. Identifies and intervenes on problems related to the medication needs of the patient.
2. Utilizes and analyzes patient data to provide optimal drug therapy recommendations. Assesses the patient's medication therapy regimen and makes appropriate clinical interventions with the provider. Performs protocol-driven clinical services such as IV to oral dosing, stewardship activities, etc
3. Compounds and oversees the preparation and dispensing of medications including sterile products using standard formulas, processes and procedures as required.
4. Complies with the medication formulary, and therapeutic substitution and other programs designed to optimize drug therapy while minimizing cost as required.
5. Completes required documentation such as notations in the medical record, controlled substances documentation, cash register reconciliation, competency, etc. as required.
6. Counsels patients and appropriate family members regarding pharmaceutical care issues as requested or required.
7. Directs workflow of the shift and supervises pharmacy technicians, students, and/or volunteers present during that shift.
8. Adheres to federal, state, local and institutional policies, procedures, standards and regulations.
9. Identifies and participates in process improvement opportunities.
10. Precepts students, residents and participates in training new pharmacy staff as required.
● PharmD or BS Pharmacy Degree
● Active pharmacist licensure with the NC Board of Pharmacy or obtainable before initiation of employment. Recent graduates of ACPE-accredited colleges/schools of pharmacy may fill this role while pending initial pharmacist licensure, but are subject to limitations mandated by the NC Board of Pharmacy and must obtain licensure within 6 months of orientation or sooner if required for operations.
Professional Experience Requirements:
● No prior experience required.
Knowledge/Skills/and Abilities Requirements:
Legal Employer: NCHEALTH
Entity: Johnston Health
Organization Unit: IP Pharmacy
Work Type: Per Diem
Standard Hours Per Week: 4.00
Work Schedule: Rotating
Location of Job: US:NC:Smithfield
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: Yes
This position is employed by NC Health (Rex Healthcare, Inc., d/b/a NC Health), a private, fully-owned subsidiary of UNC Heath Care System. This is not a State employed position.
Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
UNC Health makes reasonable accommodations for applicants' and employees' religious practices and beliefs, as well as applicants and employees with disabilities. All interested applicants are invited to apply for career opportunities. Please email [email protected] if you need a reasonable accommodation to search and/or to apply for a career opportunity.
The UNC Health System and the UNC School of Medicine are committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling our UNC Health vision of improving the health of all North Carolinians.
UNC Health is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, status as a protected veteran or political affiliation.
All interested applicants are invited to apply for career opportunities. Please refer to our Employment Application Accessibility page if you need a reasonable accommodation to search and/or to apply for a career opportunity.
To verify employment eligibility, UNC Health is committed to Form I-9 and the E-Verify process.
Learn further E-Verify details in E-Verify (English) or E-Verify (Spanish).
UNC Health supports your right to work. View the Right of Work Statement (English) or Right of Work Statement (Spanish).
View the KNOW YOUR RIGHTS (English) or the KNOW YOUR RIGHTS (Spanish)posters.
View the PAY TRANSPARENCY (English) or the PAY TRANSPARENCY (Spanish)Nondiscrimination provision posters.
View the Federal Workplace poster. View our EEO/AA Policy Statement.