Thank you for your continued interest in career opportunities with UNC Health! Please note the following:
**This referral program is applicable to teammates within UNC Health's core facilities and divisions. This includes UNC Health Caldwell, UNC Health Chatham, UNC Health Alliance, UNC Hospitals (UNC Medical Center, UNC Hillsborough, and UNC Faculty Physicians), UNC Health Johnston, UNC Physicians Network, UNC Health Rex, UNC Rex Holly Springs, UNC Health Rockingham, and Shared Services.**
Current teammates, looking to refer someone? Check out our Teammate Referral Program to earn extra cash!
Current teammates, please ensure that you submit your candidate in our system, before they apply. For teammate referral guidelines and eligibility, click here.
This job posting is no longer active.
Job ID: 55216
Location: Chapel Hill, NC
Facility/Division: UNC Medical Center
Status: Full Time
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 40,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
The Child Care Attendant provides prompt and courteous customer service to all guests, patients and/or familes. Interacts with children to provide a stimulating and fun place while ensuring a safe and clean environment.
1. Answers phone calls, takes messages and schedules children into the area in accordance with established policies and procedures. Responsible for area opening and closing procedures and verifying that essential staff are on site as needed for efficient and safe operations.
2. Effectively handles complaints and situations. Analyzes critical situations and exercises good judgement to arrive at effective solutions. Communicates employee and guest concerns to the appropriate staff.
3. Greets all parents/children into the area and ensures registration in accordance with departmental policies and procedures. Reads, plays and interacts with the children as appropriate. Provides a safe and clean environment for the children. Ensures that children interact safely with one another and intervenes as necessary. Responsible for the proper exchange of the children to/from the area. Meets the basic needs of each child in the area if needed.
4. Helps maintain and re-stocks inventory and supplies in play area. Maintains high standards of facility cleanliness. Monitors toys and supplies which come in contact with children. Keeps all toys clean and ensures that all toys are in safe working order. Routinely disinfects toys on daily or as needed basis.
5. For Wellness Center- Performs other duties and responsibilities as requested by the Front Desk Lead and/or Front Desk Manager. Works with other nursery employees to build enthusiastic and highly competent team. Helps develop effective and motivational goals to enhance superior customer service standards. Attends monthly staff meetings. Helps maintain and update registrations electronically or on paper. Helps identify opportunities for controlling expenses without sacrificing customer service and works with Front Desk Lead and/or Front Desk Manager to implement new strategies.
● High School Diploma or GED.
● Requires BLS for healthcare providers.
Professional Experience Requirements:
● Child Care and Hospital experience preferred.
Knowledge/Skills/and Abilities Requirements:
Legal Employer: STATE
Entity: UNC Medical Center
Organization Unit: Volunteer Services
Work Type: Full Time
Standard Hours Per Week: 40.00
Work Schedule: Variable
Location of Job: US:NC:Chapel Hill
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: No
This is a State position employed by UNC Health Care System.
Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
UNC Health makes reasonable accommodations for applicants' and employees' religious practices and beliefs, as well as applicants and employees with disabilities. All interested applicants are invited to apply for career opportunities. Please email [email protected] if you need a reasonable accommodation to search and/or to apply for a career opportunity.
The UNC Health System and the UNC School of Medicine are committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling our UNC Health vision of improving the health of all North Carolinians.
UNC Health is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, status as a protected veteran or political affiliation.
All interested applicants are invited to apply for career opportunities. Please refer to our Employment Application Accessibility page if you need a reasonable accommodation to search and/or to apply for a career opportunity.
To verify employment eligibility, UNC Health is committed to Form I-9 and the E-Verify process.