Thank you for your continued interest in career opportunities with UNC Health! Please note the following:
**This referral program is applicable to teammates within UNC Health's core facilities and divisions. This includes UNC Health Caldwell, UNC Health Chatham, UNC Health Alliance, UNC Hospitals (UNC Medical Center, UNC WakeBrook, UNC Hillsborough, and UNC Faculty Physicians), UNC Health Johnston, UNC Physicians Network, UNC Health Rex, UNC Rex Holly Springs, UNC Health Rockingham, and Shared Services.**
Current teammates, looking to refer someone? Check out our Teammate Referral Program to earn extra cash!
Current teammates, please ensure that you submit your candidate in our system, before they apply. For teammate referral guidelines and eligibility, click here.
Current UNC Health teammates also now have access to our myCareer - Career Development Resources, which provide tools and guidance to employees to create a career plan.
This job posting is no longer active.
Job ID: 53369
Location: Chapel Hill, NC
Facility/Division: UNC Medical Center
Status: Full Time
Shift: Day Job
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 40,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
The Administrative Supervisor will provide direction, supervision, counseling, scheduling, and distribution of workload for our oncology return patient access team. The return scheduling team is responsible for complex scheduling, project and operation support, assist with development of departmental and program policies, and provide expert professional assistance to physicians, nursing, clinics, and management staff.
1. Administers the unit's Human Resource function in accordance with Health Care System policies/procedures. Responsible for selection, training, evaluating, counseling, and disciplining of employees within the work unit
2. Ensures all staff are properly trained. Provides on-the-job training and identifies broader training needs that may be addressed with formal training for the unit.
3. Establishes departmental goals and objectives. Develops policies and procedures to accomplish objectives. Communicates new and changes to existing policies and procedures
4. Establishes priorities within the unit supervised, establishes work schedules, organizes and directs the flow of work. Adjusts individual assignments to meet the needs of the unit.
5. Provides input to departmental budget process and monitors to ensure fiscal accountability. May establish work unit operational budget.
6. Resolves work problems utilizing operational, technical, and program knowledge. Serves as primary resource for employees with regard to problems, interpretation and application of policies and procedures
7. Reviews work of subordinates and productivity reports to ensure that the quality and quantity of work performed meets internally established goals for timeliness and to determine areas for improvement. Suggests and participates in quality improvement initiatives for the work unit and the department.
● High School diploma or GED
● No licensure or certification required.
Professional Experience Requirements:
● Four (4) years of clerical or administrative experience
● If Bachelor's degree, two (2) years of clerical or administrative experience required
● If Associate's degree, three (3) years of clerical or administrative experience required
Knowledge/Skills/and Abilities Requirements:
Legal Employer: STATE
Entity: UNC Medical Center
Organization Unit: Oncology Return Patient Access
Work Type: Full Time
Standard Hours Per Week: 40.00
Work Schedule: Day Job
Location of Job: US:NC:Chapel Hill
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: No
This is a State position employed by UNC Health Care System.
Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
UNC Health makes reasonable accommodations for applicants' and employees' religious practices and beliefs, as well as applicants and employees with disabilities. All interested applicants are invited to apply for career opportunities. Please email [email protected] if you need a reasonable accommodation to search and/or to apply for a career opportunity.
The UNC Health System and the UNC School of Medicine are committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling our UNC Health vision of improving the health of all North Carolinians.
UNC Health is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, status as a protected veteran or political affiliation.
All interested applicants are invited to apply for career opportunities. Please refer to our Employment Application Accessibility page if you need a reasonable accommodation to search and/or to apply for a career opportunity.
To verify employment eligibility, UNC Health is committed to Form I-9 and the E-Verify process.
Learn further E-Verify details in E-Verify (English) or E-Verify (Spanish).
UNC Health supports your right to work. View the Right of Work Statement (English) or Right of Work Statement (Spanish).
View the KNOW YOUR RIGHTS (English) or the KNOW YOUR RIGHTS (Spanish)posters.
View the PAY TRANSPARENCY (English) or the PAY TRANSPARENCY (Spanish)Nondiscrimination provision posters.
View the Federal Workplace poster. View our EEO/AA Policy Statement.