Thank you for your continued interest in career opportunities with UNC Health! Please note the following:
**This referral program is applicable to teammates within UNC Health's core facilities and divisions. This includes UNC Health Caldwell, UNC Health Chatham, UNC Health Alliance, UNC Hospitals (UNC Medical Center, UNC WakeBrook, UNC Hillsborough, and UNC Faculty Physicians), UNC Health Johnston, UNC Physicians Network, UNC Health Rex, UNC Rex Holly Springs, UNC Health Rockingham, and Shared Services.**
Current teammates, looking to refer someone? Check out our Teammate Referral Program to earn extra cash!
Current teammates, please ensure that you submit your candidate in our system, before they apply. For teammate referral guidelines and eligibility, click here.
Current UNC Health teammates also now have access to our myCareer - Career Development Resources, which provide tools and guidance to employees to create a career plan.
Job ID: 65174
Location: Chapel Hill, NC
Facility/Division: UNC Medical Center
Status: Full Time
Shift: Day Job
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 40,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
The Transplant Coordinator coordinates solid organ (heart, lung, heart- lung, liver, kidney, pancreas, and multi-organ) transplantation of all pediatric and adult organ recipients. The Transplant Coordinator provides follow-up and care across the continuum from pre-transplant, during transplant and post transplant. S/he collaborates with members of the health care team to enhance patient care by developing, supporting and educating nursing staff. S/he is a clinician, educator, investigator, consultant and leader. S/he makes clinical judgments based upon a synthesis of current research, concepts, principles, theories, and outcomes to solve complex problems. The Transplant Coordinator is an integral member of a larger multi-disciplinary team contributing to excellence in patient care, research, teaching, and in providing leadership to the organization.
1. Collaborates with the transplant program administrator in short, intermediate, and long range planning for the transplant program through regularly scheduled staff and individual program meetings
2. Continuous Quality Improvement. Participates in the development, implementation and evaluation of the transplant program?s CQI efforts that focus on maximizing the outcomes for both patient and graft survival. Reviews patient resource utilization with administrative and clinical staff to identify areas for improvement. Participates in the development and improvement of clinical pathways.
3. Education. Educates patients and their families about the transplant process and what to expect during each phase of the transplant. Responsible for planning and acquiring or designing educational materials, and presenting educational programs to patients and staff, other professionals, the community and outside agencies.
4. Patient Care-- Oversees and/or coordinates the clinical, phychosocial and financial needs of the transplant patient. Coordinates pre-operative tests and consults to determine transplant candidacy and maintains the program's waiting list which includes providing regular follow up on patient status while waiting for transplant. Facilitates transplant by organizing patient and transplant team. Monitors inpatient status, discharge needs and followup care per program standards
5. Regulatory compliance--documents and maintains patient transplant information in the electronic medical record with current data and required information to ensure regulatory compliance.
● Bachelor's degree in Nursing (BSN) from a state-accredited school of professional nursing.
● Licensed to practice as a Registered Nurse in the state of North Carolina.
Professional Experience Requirements:
● Three (3) years of professional nursing experience to include two (2) years in transplant, critical care, disease specific area.
Knowledge/Skills/and Abilities Requirements:
Legal Employer: STATE
Entity: UNC Medical Center
Organization Unit: Kidney Pre Transplant Program
Work Type: Full Time
Standard Hours Per Week: 40.00
Work Schedule: Day Job
Location of Job: US:NC:Chapel Hill
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: Yes
This is a State position employed by UNC Health Care System.
Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
UNC Health makes reasonable accommodations for applicants' and employees' religious practices and beliefs, as well as applicants and employees with disabilities. All interested applicants are invited to apply for career opportunities. Please email [email protected] if you need a reasonable accommodation to search and/or to apply for a career opportunity.
The UNC Health System and the UNC School of Medicine are committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling our UNC Health vision of improving the health of all North Carolinians.
UNC Health is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, status as a protected veteran or political affiliation.
All interested applicants are invited to apply for career opportunities. Please refer to our Employment Application Accessibility page if you need a reasonable accommodation to search and/or to apply for a career opportunity.
To verify employment eligibility, UNC Health is committed to Form I-9 and the E-Verify process.
Learn further E-Verify details in E-Verify (English) or E-Verify (Spanish).
UNC Health supports your right to work. View the Right of Work Statement (English) or Right of Work Statement (Spanish).
View the KNOW YOUR RIGHTS (English) or the KNOW YOUR RIGHTS (Spanish)posters.
View the PAY TRANSPARENCY (English) or the PAY TRANSPARENCY (Spanish)Nondiscrimination provision posters.
View the Federal Workplace poster. View our EEO/AA Policy Statement.