Thank you for your continued interest in career opportunities with UNC Health! Please note the following:
**This referral program is applicable to teammates within UNC Health's core facilities and divisions. This includes UNC Health Caldwell, UNC Health Chatham, UNC Health Alliance, UNC Hospitals (UNC Medical Center, UNC WakeBrook, UNC Hillsborough, and UNC Faculty Physicians), UNC Health Johnston, UNC Physicians Network, UNC Health Rex, UNC Rex Holly Springs, UNC Health Rockingham, and Shared Services.**
Current teammates, looking to refer someone? Check out our Teammate Referral Program to earn extra cash!
Current teammates, please ensure that you submit your candidate in our system, before they apply. For teammate referral guidelines and eligibility, click here.
Current UNC Health teammates also now have access to our myCareer - Career Development Resources, which provide tools and guidance to employees to create a career plan.
Job ID: 67396
Location: Raleigh, NC
Facility/Division: UNC REX Healthcare
Status: Part Time
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 40,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
New opportunity for students in nursing school or completing pre-requisites to apply to nursing school, to work at UNC Health full time or part time during the summer and have flexibility and a low shift commitment during the school year. Positions for CNA and patient sitter available.
Working under the supervision of a RN, the patient sitter maintains constant direct observation and visualization of identified patient(s) to include patient observation, patient safety, patient privacy, communication, conduct, and ensuring comfort and safety of patients at all times.
1. Patient observation: keep patient(s) in view at all times; never leaves patient unattended; documents observations appropriately.
2. Patient Safety: Maintains sight of patient at all times. Removes sharp/dangerous items out of room; screens all items brought in for patients by visitors and contact charge nurse with any concerns; knows patients ordered activity level
3. Patient Privacy: maintains confidentiality of all patient information; refrains from discussing patient information with anyone other than medical team; respects patients' right to dignity while providing care, with concern for safety as a priority.
4. Communication: listens and acknowledges patients complaints and feelings; conveys attitudes of compassion, empathy, and understanding; refrains from conversations with patients regarding his/her medical condition or plan of care; seeks guidance and direction when appropriate; informs RN if patient expresses desire to harm self/others or wants to leave hospital; provides report to relief sitter and to RN prior to leaving at shift end
5. Conduct: provides patient care activities within scope of practice and competency; refrains from making personal calls, eating food in room, or sleeping; allows patient control of television; refrains from use of personal electronics; remains with assigned patient(s) until relief sitter has arrived and is in the patient room; ensures comfort and safety of patient at all times.
6. Quality: complies with all organization policies and procedures; compiles with all regulatory rules and standards; complies with all Life Safety regulations and Infection Control practices; demonstrates safe work habits and reports unsafe conditions; contributes to the achievement of """"""""always"""""""" in HCAHPS scores as appropriate to job position.
● High school diploma or equivalent.
● BLS required by the department for this role.
Professional Experience Requirements:
● No experience is required.
Knowledge/Skills/and Abilities Requirements:
● Exceptional customer service, ability to communicate verbally and in writing
Legal Employer: NCHEALTH
Entity: UNC REX Healthcare
Organization Unit: Rex Patient Monitoring
Work Type: Part Time
Standard Hours Per Week: 24.00
Work Schedule: Variable
Location of Job: US:NC:Raleigh
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: No
This position is employed by NC Health (Rex Healthcare, Inc., d/b/a NC Health), a private, fully-owned subsidiary of UNC Heath Care System. This is not a State employed position.
Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
UNC Health makes reasonable accommodations for applicants' and employees' religious practices and beliefs, as well as applicants and employees with disabilities. All interested applicants are invited to apply for career opportunities. Please email [email protected] if you need a reasonable accommodation to search and/or to apply for a career opportunity.
The UNC Health System and the UNC School of Medicine are committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling our UNC Health vision of improving the health of all North Carolinians.
UNC Health is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, status as a protected veteran or political affiliation.
All interested applicants are invited to apply for career opportunities. Please refer to our Employment Application Accessibility page if you need a reasonable accommodation to search and/or to apply for a career opportunity.
To verify employment eligibility, UNC Health is committed to Form I-9 and the E-Verify process.
Learn further E-Verify details in E-Verify (English) or E-Verify (Spanish).
UNC Health supports your right to work. View the Right of Work Statement (English) or Right of Work Statement (Spanish).
View the KNOW YOUR RIGHTS (English) or the KNOW YOUR RIGHTS (Spanish)posters.
View the PAY TRANSPARENCY (English) or the PAY TRANSPARENCY (Spanish)Nondiscrimination provision posters.
View the Federal Workplace poster. View our EEO/AA Policy Statement.