Thank you for your continued interest in career opportunities with UNC Health! Please note the following:
**This referral program is applicable to teammates within UNC Health's core facilities and divisions. This includes UNC Health Caldwell, UNC Health Chatham, UNC Health Alliance, UNC Hospitals (UNC Medical Center, UNC WakeBrook, UNC Hillsborough, and UNC Faculty Physicians), UNC Health Johnston, UNC Physicians Network, UNC Health Rex, UNC Rex Holly Springs, UNC Health Rockingham, and Shared Services.**
Current teammates, looking to refer someone? Check out our Teammate Referral Program to earn extra cash!
Current teammates, please ensure that you submit your candidate in our system, before they apply. For teammate referral guidelines and eligibility, click here.
Current UNC Health teammates also now have access to our myCareer - Career Development Resources, which provide tools and guidance to employees to create a career plan.
Job ID: 67549
Location: Hendersonville, NC
Facility/Division: Pardee UNC Health Care
Status: Full Time
Shift: Day Job
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 40,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
The Social Worker provides ongoing care management support and expertise through comprehensive assessment, planning, implementation and overall evaluation of individual patient needs. The overall goal of the position is to enhance the quality of patient management and satisfaction, to promote continuity of care and cost effectiveness through the integrating and functions of care management, utilization review and discharge planning. The Inpatient Care Management Social Worker must be highly organized professional with great attention to detail, adaptable to frequent change, and compliant with regulatory and departmental guidelines and policies.
• Review and prioritize consults received. Participate in daily Care Management activities. Attends and actively participates in care management meetings for assigned units to provide and receive information on patients’ progression and psychosocial needs. Collaborates to develop potential solutions and continuously monitor cases/follow up on all action items. Proactively identifies high risk cases that need to be escalated.
• Completes and documents a psychosocial assessment and makes recommendations back to the Care Manager/Multidisciplinary Team. Determines and documents a plan of care as a part of the psychosocial assessment in Electronic Medical Recordkeeping (EMR) system.
• Documents social work note/reassessment as outlined per policy. Discusses with appropriate members of the multidisciplinary team when there are barriers to discharge and psychosocial concerns impacting progression of care or readmission risk. Coordinates family meetings, as necessary, to support the progression of care. Provides education on community resources, support/educational groups, and any other appropriate resources to patient, patient representative, and care team. Educates and/or coordinates referrals to community resources and post-acute providers as necessary.
• Identifies patient readiness to discharge based on discussions with the patient/patient representative/care team on an ongoing basis. Assesses the discharge plan to determine needs post-discharge and communicate to patient/patient representative/care team on an ongoing basis. Identify required authorization for post-discharge services and refer to the appropriate post-discharge service provider. Participates in medication resource management for non-resourced patients, as needed. Verify patient’s understanding/agreement of discharge plan.
• Evaluate and prioritizes rapidly changing demands, working collaboratively to best accomplish the team’s mission.
Hired applicants will be expected to acquire status as a Certified Case Manager (CCM) as issued by the Commission for Case Manager Certification (CCMC).
• Bachelors of Social Work (BSW)
• Two years of experience working in a social work capacity
• Basic Life Support (BLS) certification.
• Masters of Social Work (MSW).
• Inpatient hospital social work experience.
• Expertise and knowledge of third party payer and Medicare/Medicaid guidelines.
Legal Employer: Pardee - HCHC
Entity: Pardee UNC Health Care
Organization Unit: Acute Cs Mgt
Work Type: Full Time
Standard Hours Per Week: 40.00
Work Schedule: Day Job
Location of Job: US:NC:Hendersonville
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: No
Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
UNC Health makes reasonable accommodations for applicants' and employees' religious practices and beliefs, as well as applicants and employees with disabilities. All interested applicants are invited to apply for career opportunities. Please email [email protected] if you need a reasonable accommodation to search and/or to apply for a career opportunity.
The UNC Health System and the UNC School of Medicine are committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling our UNC Health vision of improving the health of all North Carolinians.
UNC Health is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, status as a protected veteran or political affiliation.
All interested applicants are invited to apply for career opportunities. Please refer to our Employment Application Accessibility page if you need a reasonable accommodation to search and/or to apply for a career opportunity.
To verify employment eligibility, UNC Health is committed to Form I-9 and the E-Verify process.
Learn further E-Verify details in E-Verify (English) or E-Verify (Spanish).
UNC Health supports your right to work. View the Right of Work Statement (English) or Right of Work Statement (Spanish).
View the KNOW YOUR RIGHTS (English) or the KNOW YOUR RIGHTS (Spanish)posters.
View the PAY TRANSPARENCY (English) or the PAY TRANSPARENCY (Spanish)Nondiscrimination provision posters.
View the Federal Workplace poster. View our EEO/AA Policy Statement.