Thank you for your continued interest in career opportunities with UNC Health! Please note the following:
**This referral program is applicable to teammates within UNC Health's core facilities and divisions. This includes UNC Health Caldwell, UNC Health Chatham, UNC Health Alliance, UNC Hospitals (UNC Medical Center, UNC WakeBrook, UNC Hillsborough, and UNC Faculty Physicians), UNC Health Johnston, UNC Physicians Network, UNC Health Rex, UNC Rex Holly Springs, UNC Health Rockingham, and Shared Services.**
Current teammates, looking to refer someone? Check out our Teammate Referral Program to earn extra cash!
Current teammates, please ensure that you submit your candidate in our system, before they apply. For teammate referral guidelines and eligibility, click here.
Current UNC Health teammates also now have access to our myCareer - Career Development Resources, which provide tools and guidance to employees to create a career plan.
Job ID: 59375
Location: Hillsborough, NC
Facility/Division: UNC Medical Center Hillsborough
Status: Full Time
Shift: Day Job
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 40,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
The Acute Care Therapy Team at the UNC-Hospitals in Hillsborough, NC is accepting applications for an acute care PT I weekend position. This position will offer therapy services within a variety of acute care patient populations at our Hillsborough Hospital. The PT will work closely with a team of experienced therapists focused on post surgical orthopedic, general surgery, cardio pulmonary and medicine patients. This therapist must have excellent time management, communication and organizational skills, and remain flexible in a fast–paced environment. Clinical experience in acute care is preferred. The selected candidate will work Friday to Monday (4/10 hr shift) with occasional holiday coverage. Floating to acute inpatient rehab as needed to adjust to patient volumes will be required.
This is professional level work involving the evidence- based evaluation of patient disabilities, planning, and administration of physical therapy treatments. Incumbents complete documentation instruct patients, families, and students and participate in clinical program development and management. Clinician is expected to have involvement in the areas of continuing education, departmental and community activities, outreach education and role of preceptor to students.
1. Diagnostic Testing - Administers basic & complex diagnostic tests and evaluations in the area of Physical Therapy for the treatment of mobility disorders and related impairments
2. Education - Teach & supervise graduate Physical Therapy students and/or clinical fellows/residents. Develops or contributes to innovative programs to enhance patient care. Serves as resource consultant to other clinicians in respective specialty area.
3. Evaluation of Care - Analyzes results of diagnostic and or therapeutic testing to establish patient goals and or modify subsequent treatment programs. Identifies expected patient outcomes. Communicates relevant information to promote continuity of care.
4. Implementation-- Selects and applies current and advanced techniques to provide quality and efficient rehabilitative services. Provides habilitation/rehabilitation and maintenance of persons with mobility related impairments. Organizes and prioritizes care according to patient/family needs.
5. Outreach/Community Involvement-Serves as resource to North Carolina government departments and statewide health professionals in specialty areas. Presents at local (university/hospital) or state level, participates in community health screening and events. Participates in the development of new clinical programs to meet emerging needs in conjunction with the clinical specialist and/or department director.
6. Participation - Contributes to quality of clinical services through attendance and participation in departmental meetings and in-services.
7. Quality-Contributes to quality of clinical services through maintenance of valid & reliable records of patient procedures & progress. Participates in quality improvement initiatives with the clinical specialist and other healthcare professionals. Participates in continuous quality improvement efforts in conjunction with the department director.
● Graduation from an accredited Physical Therapy program.
● - Licensed as a Physical Therapist in the state of North Carolina.
● - BLS
Professional Experience Requirements:
● No prior experience required.
Knowledge/Skills/and Abilities Requirements:
Legal Employer: STATE
Entity: UNC Medical Center Hillsborough
Organization Unit: Physical Therapy HBO Hosp
Work Type: Full Time
Standard Hours Per Week: 40.00
Work Schedule: Day Job
Location of Job: US:NC:Hillsborough
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: Yes
Salary Range: $32.23 - $40.29 per hour (minimum to midpoint)
Pay offers are determined by experience and internal equity
This is a State position employed by UNC Health Care System.
Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
UNC Health makes reasonable accommodations for applicants' and employees' religious practices and beliefs, as well as applicants and employees with disabilities. All interested applicants are invited to apply for career opportunities. Please email [email protected] if you need a reasonable accommodation to search and/or to apply for a career opportunity.
The UNC Health System and the UNC School of Medicine are committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling our UNC Health vision of improving the health of all North Carolinians.
UNC Health is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, status as a protected veteran or political affiliation.
All interested applicants are invited to apply for career opportunities. Please refer to our Employment Application Accessibility page if you need a reasonable accommodation to search and/or to apply for a career opportunity.
To verify employment eligibility, UNC Health is committed to Form I-9 and the E-Verify process.
Learn further E-Verify details in E-Verify (English) or E-Verify (Spanish).
UNC Health supports your right to work. View the Right of Work Statement (English) or Right of Work Statement (Spanish).
View the KNOW YOUR RIGHTS (English) or the KNOW YOUR RIGHTS (Spanish)posters.
View the PAY TRANSPARENCY (English) or the PAY TRANSPARENCY (Spanish)Nondiscrimination provision posters.
View the Federal Workplace poster. View our EEO/AA Policy Statement.