Thank you for your continued interest in career opportunities with UNC Health! Please note the following:
**This referral program is applicable to teammates within UNC Health's core facilities and divisions. This includes UNC Health Caldwell, UNC Health Chatham, UNC Health Alliance, UNC Hospitals (UNC Medical Center, UNC Hillsborough, and UNC Faculty Physicians), UNC Health Johnston, UNC Physicians Network, UNC Health Rex, UNC Rex Holly Springs, UNC Health Rockingham, and Shared Services.**
Current teammates, looking to refer someone? Check out our Teammate Referral Program to earn extra cash!
Current teammates, please ensure that you submit your candidate in our system, before they apply. For teammate referral guidelines and eligibility, click here.
This job posting is no longer active.
Job ID: 68443
Location: Goldsboro, NC
Facility/Division: Wayne UNC Health Care
Status: Full Time
Shift: Day Job
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 40,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
Performs a variety of duties related to the decontamination and distribution of specified patient care equipment. Teammates work independently, with standardized procedures, under close supervision of a supervisor.
1. Acts as a resource concerning equipment inventory.
2. Monitor asset tagging on patient care equipment.
3. Replace batteries on patient care equipment as needed.
4. Conducts and documents daily rounds a minimum of twice per day with the last round no more than two hours before end of shift.
5. Decontaminates equipment during rounds, sending any grossly soiled equipment (may have reached internal parts of equipment) to Biomed, after 48 hours post cleaning of exterior.
6. Collect and bring soiled instruments from L&D and ICU to decon area (minimum of twice per shift)
7. Stocks each specified storage area with “ready for patient use” equipment, based upon unit set PAR level (must have accessible electrical outlets without placing units on the floor)
8. All overflow equipment brought down to specified storage area.
9. Communicates any procedural problem that may impact the customer.
10. Other duties as assigned.
High School diploma or equivalent
One year of experience in the cleaning or delivery of patient care equipment preferred.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• Good interpersonal skills. Ability to develop and maintain positive working relationships with teammates, supervisors, providers, administration and patients.
• Strong attention to detail with the ability to complete work assignments accurately and in a timely manner
• Ability to manage multiple and simultaneous responsibilities and to prioritize and reprioritize scheduling of work.
• Ability to work in a physically demanding, high stress environment.
• Good manual dexterity.
• Ability to read, write and communicate effectively in English.
• Proficient with MS Office and able to learn new software rapidly.
Legal Employer: Wayne Health
Entity: Wayne UNC Health Care
Organization Unit: Central Sterile
Work Type: Full Time
Standard Hours Per Week: 40.00
Work Schedule: Day Job
Location of Job: WAYNE MED
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: No
The UNC Health System and the UNC School of Medicine are committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling our UNC Health vision of improving the health of all North Carolinians.
UNC Health is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, status as a protected veteran or political affiliation.
All interested applicants are invited to apply for career opportunities. Please refer to our Employment Application Accessibility page if you need a reasonable accommodation to search and/or to apply for a career opportunity.
To verify employment eligibility, UNC Health is committed to Form I-9 and the E-Verify process.