Thank you for your continued interest in career opportunities with UNC Health! Please note the following:
**This referral program is applicable to teammates within UNC Health's core facilities and divisions. This includes UNC Health Caldwell, UNC Health Chatham, UNC Health Alliance, UNC Hospitals (UNC Medical Center, UNC WakeBrook, UNC Hillsborough, and UNC Faculty Physicians), UNC Health Johnston, UNC Physicians Network, UNC Health Rex, UNC Rex Holly Springs, UNC Health Rockingham, and Shared Services.**
Current teammates, looking to refer someone? Check out our Teammate Referral Program to earn extra cash!
Current teammates, please ensure that you submit your candidate in our system, before they apply. For teammate referral guidelines and eligibility, click here.
Current UNC Health teammates also now have access to our myCareer - Career Development Resources, which provide tools and guidance to employees to create a career plan.
Job ID: 65576
Location: Morrisville, NC
Facility/Division: Shared Services
Status: Full Time
Shift: Day Job
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 40,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
This position is responsible for researching and analyzing data
from multiple sources in order to support the recording of journal entries, often
involving multiple legal entities, and for providing a variety of financial,
regulatory and managerial reports. Other
duties include but are not limited to preparing, maintaining, reconciling and
analyzing financial information on a monthly and annual basis, including the reconciliation
of assigned balance sheet accounts and the timely resolution of reconciling
1. Prepares journal entries, including more advanced journal entries and intercompany transactions across multiple entities.
2. Prepares and creates Excel spreadsheets and other documentation to support the journal entries recorded.
3. Ensure accounting transactions comply with GAAP and GASB accounting standards.
4. Prepares balance sheet reconciliations and investigates and resolves discrepancies. Ensures that intercompany balance sheet accounts reconcile between companies.
5. Communicates with department managers and their team members as well as other accounting staff to provide guidance with accounting questions and assist with any issues.
6. Prepares documentation of the processes and updates the documentation as the processes change. Makes recommendations for process improvement.
7. Serves as a resource and provides assistance in a variety of areas including but not limited to projects, Annual Comprehensive Financial Report (ACFR) completion, and annual audits.
8. Other responsibilities as defined by the department.
● Requires a Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Accounting or related field.
● Masters degree preferred
● Current CPA certification strongly preferred.
Professional Experience Requirements:
● With Masters Degree, no prior experience required
● If Bachelor's Degree, requires two (2) years of accounting experience.
● If an Associate's degree, six (6) years of experience in accounting.
Knowledge/Skills/and Abilities Requirements:
● The successful candidate will routinely interact with other financial, non-financial and clinical departments across the organization including staff, department managers, business development, executive leadership etc. The successful candidate will have strong accounting and financial skills that are complemented by great communication and collaboration skills that enable them to explain and discuss financial concepts to both financial and non-financial personnel.
● This role is actively involved in many complex financial matters within a large, growing organization. A strong technical accounting background is required
● The successful candidate will be able to work independently. Help from an expert may be required and is expected from time to time, but this position is expected to be able to perform assigned responsibilities independently with appropriate review and feedback from the manager.
● Demonstrated use of Excel. Must be comfortable with pivot tables, Vlookup and other advance Excel features.
● Strong demonstrated software systems experience. Lawson / Infor preferred.
● Strong organizational skills with the ability to manage multiple tasks or projects simultaneously.
● Detailed oriented with excellent organizational, planning and prioritizing skills with the ability to adapt to a variety of work situations.
● Exemplifies UNC Health System Values
Legal Employer: NCHEALTH
Entity: Shared Services
Organization Unit: System Accounting
Work Type: Full Time
Standard Hours Per Week: 40.00
Work Schedule: Day Job
Location of Job: US:NC:Morrisville
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: Yes
This position is employed by NC Health (Rex Healthcare, Inc., d/b/a NC Health), a private, fully-owned subsidiary of UNC Health Care System, in a department that provides shared services to operations across UNC Health Care; except that, if you are currently a UNCHCS State employee already working in a designated shared services department, you may remain a UNCHCS State employee if selected for this job.
Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
UNC Health makes reasonable accommodations for applicants' and employees' religious practices and beliefs, as well as applicants and employees with disabilities. All interested applicants are invited to apply for career opportunities. Please email [email protected] if you need a reasonable accommodation to search and/or to apply for a career opportunity.
The UNC Health System and the UNC School of Medicine are committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling our UNC Health vision of improving the health of all North Carolinians.
UNC Health is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, status as a protected veteran or political affiliation.
All interested applicants are invited to apply for career opportunities. Please refer to our Employment Application Accessibility page if you need a reasonable accommodation to search and/or to apply for a career opportunity.
To verify employment eligibility, UNC Health is committed to Form I-9 and the E-Verify process.
Learn further E-Verify details in E-Verify (English) or E-Verify (Spanish).
UNC Health supports your right to work. View the Right of Work Statement (English) or Right of Work Statement (Spanish).
View the KNOW YOUR RIGHTS (English) or the KNOW YOUR RIGHTS (Spanish)posters.
View the PAY TRANSPARENCY (English) or the PAY TRANSPARENCY (Spanish)Nondiscrimination provision posters.
View the Federal Workplace poster. View our EEO/AA Policy Statement.