Thank you for your continued interest in career opportunities with UNC Health! Please note the following:
**This referral program is applicable to teammates within UNC Health's core facilities and divisions. This includes UNC Health Caldwell, UNC Health Chatham, UNC Health Alliance, UNC Hospitals (UNC Medical Center, UNC WakeBrook, UNC Hillsborough, and UNC Faculty Physicians), UNC Health Johnston, UNC Physicians Network, UNC Health Rex, UNC Rex Holly Springs, UNC Health Rockingham, and Shared Services.**
Current teammates, looking to refer someone? Check out our Teammate Referral Program to earn extra cash!
Current teammates, please ensure that you submit your candidate in our system, before they apply. For teammate referral guidelines and eligibility, click here.
Current UNC Health teammates also now have access to our myCareer - Career Development Resources, which provide tools and guidance to employees to create a career plan.
Job ID: 67838
Location: Durham, NC
Facility/Division: UNC REX Healthcare
Status: Full Time
Shift: Day Job
Position is office-based in Durham, NC, Monday through Friday and includes a weekend rotation with other members of the Patient Planning Specialist Team.
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 40,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
Will triage patients to the appropriate post acute services provider. Will be knowledgeable of regulatory requirements which will impact eligibility for Post Acute Services. Under the guidance of an RN, coordinates and communicates clinical services ordered by the physician. Communicates changes in discharge planning to the appropriate agency.
1. Will triage patients to the appropriate post acute services provider. Will be knowledgeable of regulatory requirements which will impact eligibility for Post Acute Services. Under the guidance of an RN, coordinates and communicates clinical services ordered by the physician. Communicates changes in discharge planning to the appropriate agency.
2. Enters accurate and complete referral information into the EMR to expedite referral process.
3. Under the guidance of an RN, processes supplemental orders and patient reports for existing clients.
4. Uses effective communication skills to facilitate effective team operations including taking phone messages and triaging and relaying verbal and written information.
5. Refers patient concerns to appropriate discipline or to community liaison coordinator
6. Under the direction of the RN Senior Patient Planning Specialist or Team Leader assists with coordination of home visit schedules and assignment of admissions for team members.
7. Verifies, secures, and monitors authorization for payment information regarding patients who have been referred for services.
● Graduate of a licensed school of practical nursing.
● BCLS , LPN NC LIC , NCDL
Professional Experience Requirements:
● Two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience accepted. Working understanding of managed care and prospective payment systems and their impact on the delivery of home health is required. Excellent Customer Service skills is also a requirement.
Knowledge/Skills/and Abilities Requirements:
● LANGUAGE SKILLS Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or government regulations. Ability to write reports and business correspondence. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, physicians, and the general public. MATHEMATICAL SKILLS Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent, and to draw and interpret bar graphs. REASONING ABILITY Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form. COMPUTER SKILLS- Microsoft WORD and EXCEL
Legal Employer: NCHEALTH
Entity: UNC REX Healthcare
Organization Unit: UNCHCS Cont Care Intake
Work Type: Full Time
Standard Hours Per Week: 40.00
Work Schedule: Day Job
Location of Job: US:NC:Durham
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: No
This position is employed by NC Health (Rex Healthcare, Inc., d/b/a NC Health), a private, fully-owned subsidiary of UNC Heath Care System. This is not a State employed position.
Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
UNC Health makes reasonable accommodations for applicants' and employees' religious practices and beliefs, as well as applicants and employees with disabilities. All interested applicants are invited to apply for career opportunities. Please email [email protected] if you need a reasonable accommodation to search and/or to apply for a career opportunity.
The UNC Health System and the UNC School of Medicine are committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling our UNC Health vision of improving the health of all North Carolinians.
UNC Health is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, status as a protected veteran or political affiliation.
All interested applicants are invited to apply for career opportunities. Please refer to our Employment Application Accessibility page if you need a reasonable accommodation to search and/or to apply for a career opportunity.
To verify employment eligibility, UNC Health is committed to Form I-9 and the E-Verify process.
Learn further E-Verify details in E-Verify (English) or E-Verify (Spanish).
UNC Health supports your right to work. View the Right of Work Statement (English) or Right of Work Statement (Spanish).
View the KNOW YOUR RIGHTS (English) or the KNOW YOUR RIGHTS (Spanish)posters.
View the PAY TRANSPARENCY (English) or the PAY TRANSPARENCY (Spanish)Nondiscrimination provision posters.
View the Federal Workplace poster. View our EEO/AA Policy Statement.