Thank you for your continued interest in career opportunities with UNC Health! Please note the following:
**This referral program is applicable to teammates within UNC Health's core facilities and divisions. This includes UNC Health Caldwell, UNC Health Chatham, UNC Health Alliance, UNC Hospitals (UNC Medical Center, UNC WakeBrook, UNC Hillsborough, and UNC Faculty Physicians), UNC Health Johnston, UNC Physicians Network, UNC Health Rex, UNC Rex Holly Springs, UNC Health Rockingham, and Shared Services.**
Current teammates, looking to refer someone? Check out our Teammate Referral Program to earn extra cash!
Current teammates, please ensure that you submit your candidate in our system, before they apply. For teammate referral guidelines and eligibility, click here.
Current UNC Health teammates also now have access to our myCareer - Career Development Resources, which provide tools and guidance to employees to create a career plan.
Job ID: 68493
Location: Cary, NC
Facility/Division: UNC Medical Center
Status: Full Time
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 40,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
The Facilities Operations Coordinator provides assistance with managing daily facility operations for the Wellness Centers. This position functions as the manager of the facility during morning and evening shifts. This position coordinates area directors to manage safety requirements, equipment maintenance, contracts and coordination with vendors.
1. Assists with overseeing the day-to-day operations of the Wellness Centers. Manage and coordinate contract service vendors. Ensures assigned areas are maintained in a safe, clean, presentable manner. Coordinates with the Facility Operations Director while acting as the on-site liaison between the area managers and members.
2. Establishes and maintains safety compliance at assigned facilities with regard to state and federal regulations, safety guidelines and requirements. Analyzes and resolves quality and customer service issues; identifies trends; recommends improvements. Inspects facilities and conducts safety surveys and audits. Consults with staff and members for adherence to safety principles and protocols. Discusses findings and recommendations with the responsible individuals. Prepares a written report of the findings, including recommendations and required corrective actions. Ensures appropriate follow-up.
3. Develop and update the facility operational manuals for the Facility Operations department. Coordinate and perform training for Wellness Center staff members, in regards to safety and compliance.
4. Serving as point person for all complex customer service and administrative issues. Interpreting and communicating policies/procedures to other parties based on knowledge of the organization and departmental guidelines. Routinely providing guidance and direction to lower-level staff. Collaborate with area managers for staff scheduling. Makes necessary staff schedule coverage changes as needed. Ensures that classes and events are set up properly and on time.
5. Assists with fitness software management (CSI) database to ensure accuracy and compliance. Responsible for executing regular software updates and training area managers and staff on new enhancements and features of CSI.
6. Assists with development, preparation and management of facility operations budget and capital equipment replacement budget. Identify opportunities for controlling expenses and collaborate with Facility Operations Director to implement related strategies. Complete all necessary documentation in a timely manner.
● Bachelor's degree in appropriate discipline
● Certified Pool Operator certification within 6 months of hire
● American Red Cross Lifeguard Certification within 6 months of hire
Professional Experience Requirements:
● Two (2) years of experience in a fitness, wellness, or customer service related field.
● If Associate's degree, six (6) years of experience in a fitness, wellness, or customer service related field.
● If high school diploma/GED, ten (10) years of experience in a fitness, wellness, or customer service related field.
Knowledge/Skills/and Abilities Requirements:
Legal Employer: STATE
Entity: UNC Medical Center
Organization Unit: Northwest Cary Wellness Center
Work Type: Full Time
Standard Hours Per Week: 40.00
Work Schedule: Variable
Location of Job: US:NC:Cary
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: No
This is a State position employed by UNC Health Care System.
Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
UNC Health makes reasonable accommodations for applicants' and employees' religious practices and beliefs, as well as applicants and employees with disabilities. All interested applicants are invited to apply for career opportunities. Please email [email protected] if you need a reasonable accommodation to search and/or to apply for a career opportunity.
The UNC Health System and the UNC School of Medicine are committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling our UNC Health vision of improving the health of all North Carolinians.
UNC Health is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, status as a protected veteran or political affiliation.
All interested applicants are invited to apply for career opportunities. Please refer to our Employment Application Accessibility page if you need a reasonable accommodation to search and/or to apply for a career opportunity.
To verify employment eligibility, UNC Health is committed to Form I-9 and the E-Verify process.
Learn further E-Verify details in E-Verify (English) or E-Verify (Spanish).
UNC Health supports your right to work. View the Right of Work Statement (English) or Right of Work Statement (Spanish).
View the KNOW YOUR RIGHTS (English) or the KNOW YOUR RIGHTS (Spanish)posters.
View the PAY TRANSPARENCY (English) or the PAY TRANSPARENCY (Spanish)Nondiscrimination provision posters.
View the Federal Workplace poster. View our EEO/AA Policy Statement.