Thank you for your continued interest in career opportunities with UNC Health! Please note the following:
**This referral program is applicable to teammates within UNC Health's core facilities and divisions. This includes UNC Health Caldwell, UNC Health Chatham, UNC Health Alliance, UNC Hospitals (UNC Medical Center, UNC WakeBrook, UNC Hillsborough, and UNC Faculty Physicians), UNC Health Johnston, UNC Physicians Network, UNC Health Rex, UNC Rex Holly Springs, UNC Health Rockingham, and Shared Services.**
Current teammates, looking to refer someone? Check out our Teammate Referral Program to earn extra cash!
Current teammates, please ensure that you submit your candidate in our system, before they apply. For teammate referral guidelines and eligibility, click here.
Current UNC Health teammates also now have access to our myCareer - Career Development Resources, which provide tools and guidance to employees to create a career plan.
Job ID: 67071
Location: Hendersonville, NC
Facility/Division: Pardee UNC Health Care
Status: Full Time
Shift: Day Job
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 40,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
The Robotics Surgery Coordinator (RN) coordinates the robotics surgical service program and provides functional direction to members of the robotics surgery team in order to achieve optimal patient outcomes while optimizing available resources.
• Coordinates, facilitates, and manages change within the robotic surgical service area. Informs the interdisciplinary team members and other stakeholders of product updates and emerging technology.
• Serves as a member of an interdisciplinary team for planning perioperative robotic services patient care.
• Collaborates with clinical leadership and education staff regarding training and competency in robotic procedures. Assists the clinical team during new procedures or specialized procedures.
• Provides guidance, support, and constructive feedback to the robotics team, including technical support and troubleshooting of system malfunctions. Maintains awareness of the details of maintenance and replacement in robotic contracts.
• Collects and analyzes data applicable to robotic surgical services to facilitate collaboration and negotiation with stakeholders. Assists in evaluating perioperative robotics personnel performance.
• Identifies expected patient and program outcomes for robotic surgery services, including instrument usage and cost analysis calculations.
• Coordinates routine tasks regarding ongoing use of robotic systems, including but not limited to: inventory management for single-use items, reprocessing of reusable items, and maintenance procedures. Ensures necessary equipment, and supplies are available for robotic procedures (eg, scheduling, preference cards, surgeon credentialing).
• Assists perioperative robotics personnel, including personnel in sterile processing areas, in the evaluation of current practice through quality and performance improvement activities.
• Graduate of an accredited school of nursing
• Current registered nurse licensure in state of employment
• Minimum of 1 year experience in an Operating Room setting
• Basic Life Support (BLS) certification
• Two to three years robotic surgery experience
• Certified Perioperative Nurse (CNOR) certification
• Full range of body motion
• Manual and finger dexterity
• Hand eye coordination
• Ability to sit, stand, and walk for extensive periods
• Ability to lift and carry items weighing up to 50 pounds
• Corrected vision and hearing to within normal range
• Physically demanding; includes handling and lifting patients
• High-stress environment
• Occasional exposure to blood and body fluids, communicable diseases, chemicals, radiation, and repetitive motions
• Frequent sitting at desk working on computer
• Working irregular hours including call hours
Legal Employer: Pardee - HCHC
Entity: Pardee UNC Health Care
Organization Unit: O R
Work Type: Full Time
Standard Hours Per Week: 36.00
Work Schedule: Day Job
Location of Job: PARDEEHOSP
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: No
The UNC Health System and the UNC School of Medicine are committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling our UNC Health vision of improving the health of all North Carolinians.
UNC Health is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, status as a protected veteran or political affiliation.
All interested applicants are invited to apply for career opportunities. Please refer to our Employment Application Accessibility page if you need a reasonable accommodation to search and/or to apply for a career opportunity.
To verify employment eligibility, UNC Health is committed to Form I-9 and the E-Verify process.
Learn further E-Verify details in E-Verify (English) or E-Verify (Spanish).
UNC Health supports your right to work. View the Right of Work Statement (English) or Right of Work Statement (Spanish).
View the KNOW YOUR RIGHTS (English) or the KNOW YOUR RIGHTS (Spanish)posters.
View the PAY TRANSPARENCY (English) or the PAY TRANSPARENCY (Spanish)Nondiscrimination provision posters.
View the Federal Workplace poster. View our EEO/AA Policy Statement.