Thank you for your continued interest in career opportunities with UNC Health! Please note the following:
**This referral program is applicable to teammates within UNC Health's core facilities and divisions. This includes UNC Health Caldwell, UNC Health Chatham, UNC Health Alliance, UNC Hospitals (UNC Medical Center, UNC WakeBrook, UNC Hillsborough, and UNC Faculty Physicians), UNC Health Johnston, UNC Physicians Network, UNC Health Rex, UNC Rex Holly Springs, UNC Health Rockingham, and Shared Services.**
Current teammates, looking to refer someone? Check out our Teammate Referral Program to earn extra cash!
Current teammates, please ensure that you submit your candidate in our system, before they apply. For teammate referral guidelines and eligibility, click here.
Current UNC Health teammates also now have access to our myCareer - Career Development Resources, which provide tools and guidance to employees to create a career plan.
Job ID: 70152
Location: Hendersonville, NC
Facility/Division: Pardee UNC Health Care
Status: Full Time
Shift: Day Job
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 40,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
The Production Service Supervisor directs and supervises a segment of kitchen service activities and the delivery of food to the patient floors in collaboration with departmental leadership.
• Coordinates the setup and delivery of food to the patients as well as other nutrition products and services. Assists in the development of plans, methods and procedures for improving the overall operations of the department, including quality improvement processes.
• Ensures dietetic information for use by kitchen personnel in preparation of food is correct. Tallies portions and kinds of foods for each type of diet (regular or modified). Processes new diets and changes as required.
• Coordinates loading, delivery, and pickup of food carts on schedule. Assists as needed to expedite the flow of work in kitchen and food service. Prepares individual menus for meal trays.
• Ensures all policy and regulatory standards are met, including health regulations and JCAHO standards. Remains current and compliant with ServSafe Manager Level Certification according to statutes. Enforces a "clean as you go" and proper food handling culture .
• Trains/orients, directs and supervises kitchen service associates. Participates in hiring and performance management processes. Participates in supervisory and other meetings and holds staff meetings as necessary.
• Makes recommendations as to the purchase of capital equipment, as well as taking measures to control food cost waste and good asset management.
• High school diploma or equivalent required
• Minimum 2 years food service experience required
• 1 year supervisory experience required
Legal Employer: Pardee - HCHC
Entity: Pardee UNC Health Care
Organization Unit: Dietary
Work Type: Full Time
Standard Hours Per Week: 40.00
Work Schedule: Day Job
Location of Job: PARDEEHOSP
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: No
The UNC Health System and the UNC School of Medicine are committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling our UNC Health vision of improving the health of all North Carolinians.
UNC Health is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, status as a protected veteran or political affiliation.
All interested applicants are invited to apply for career opportunities. Please refer to our Employment Application Accessibility page if you need a reasonable accommodation to search and/or to apply for a career opportunity.
To verify employment eligibility, UNC Health is committed to Form I-9 and the E-Verify process.
Learn further E-Verify details in E-Verify (English) or E-Verify (Spanish).
UNC Health supports your right to work. View the Right of Work Statement (English) or Right of Work Statement (Spanish).
View the KNOW YOUR RIGHTS (English) or the KNOW YOUR RIGHTS (Spanish)posters.
View the PAY TRANSPARENCY (English) or the PAY TRANSPARENCY (Spanish)Nondiscrimination provision posters.
View the Federal Workplace poster. View our EEO/AA Policy Statement.