Thank you for your continued interest in career opportunities with UNC Health! Please note the following:
**This referral program is applicable to teammates within UNC Health's core facilities and divisions. This includes UNC Health Caldwell, UNC Health Chatham, UNC Health Alliance, UNC Hospitals (UNC Medical Center, UNC WakeBrook, UNC Hillsborough, and UNC Faculty Physicians), UNC Health Johnston, UNC Physicians Network, UNC Health Rex, UNC Rex Holly Springs, UNC Health Rockingham, and Shared Services.**
Current teammates, looking to refer someone? Check out our Teammate Referral Program to earn extra cash!
Current teammates, please ensure that you submit your candidate in our system, before they apply. For teammate referral guidelines and eligibility, click here.
Current UNC Health teammates also now have access to our myCareer - Career Development Resources, which provide tools and guidance to employees to create a career plan.
This job posting is no longer active.
Job ID: 70153
Location: Hendersonville, NC
Facility/Division: Pardee UNC Health Care
Status: Full Time
Shift: Day Job
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 40,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
Facilitates the preparation and administration of radiation therapy treatments to oncology patients as prescribed by the radiation oncologist, including documentation and patient education. Work is performed under the general supervision of a radiation therapy supervisor and is evaluated by conformance to established standards and procedures.
• Operates and monitors the linear accelerator to administer radiation therapy in accordance with physician’s instructions and patient’s treatment plan, including both routine and complex treatments according to established practices and standards. Accurately reproduces patient position for treatment, utilizing immobilization devices and treatment aids as prescribed. Obtains patient imaging per physician order to ensure reproducibility and accuracy
• Performs CT simulation of patients, assisting radiation oncologists, clinical physicists, dosimetrists and others as necessary to prepare physical and technical aspects of radiation treatment plans, using information about patient condition and anatomy. Constructs custom immobilization devices and treatment accessories as ordered by physicians.
• Maintains accurate documentation for patient record, including patient positioning, radiation dosages, equipment settings, patient imaging, field changes, patient reactions, scheduling, and billing according to department policies and procedures, and as directed by the radiation oncologist.
• Prepares equipment and room for patient. Uses appropriate protective equipment and procedures to ensure safety of patients, self and others. Performs equipment quality assurance procedures per state and federal guidelines. Performs quality assurance checks on patient’s records per department policy.
• Monitors patient throughout the course of treatment. Recognizes and documents radiation side effects as well as unusual reactions or events. Provides patient education and communicates all information with the Radiation Oncologist and Radiation Oncology nurse.
• Graduation from an accredited school of Radiation Therapy
• Radiation Therapy certification by the American Registry of Radiologic Technologists (ARRT)
• Basic Life Support (BLS) certification
• One year work experience as a radiation therapist
Legal Employer: Pardee - HCHC
Entity: Pardee UNC Health Care
Organization Unit: Rad Therapy
Work Type: Full Time
Standard Hours Per Week: 40.00
Work Schedule: Day Job
Location of Job: PARDEEHOSP
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: No
The UNC Health System and the UNC School of Medicine are committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling our UNC Health vision of improving the health of all North Carolinians.
UNC Health is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, status as a protected veteran or political affiliation.
All interested applicants are invited to apply for career opportunities. Please refer to our Employment Application Accessibility page if you need a reasonable accommodation to search and/or to apply for a career opportunity.
To verify employment eligibility, UNC Health is committed to Form I-9 and the E-Verify process.
Learn further E-Verify details in E-Verify (English) or E-Verify (Spanish).
UNC Health supports your right to work. View the Right of Work Statement (English) or Right of Work Statement (Spanish).
View the KNOW YOUR RIGHTS (English) or the KNOW YOUR RIGHTS (Spanish)posters.
View the PAY TRANSPARENCY (English) or the PAY TRANSPARENCY (Spanish)Nondiscrimination provision posters.
View the Federal Workplace poster. View our EEO/AA Policy Statement.