Thank you for your continued interest in career opportunities with UNC Health! Please note the following:
**This referral program is applicable to teammates within UNC Health's core facilities and divisions. This includes UNC Health Caldwell, UNC Health Chatham, UNC Health Alliance, UNC Hospitals (UNC Medical Center, UNC Hillsborough, and UNC Faculty Physicians), UNC Health Johnston, UNC Physicians Network, UNC Health Rex, UNC Rex Holly Springs, UNC Health Rockingham, and Shared Services.**
Current teammates, looking to refer someone? Check out our Teammate Referral Program to earn extra cash!
Current teammates, please ensure that you submit your candidate in our system, before they apply. For teammate referral guidelines and eligibility, click here.
This job posting is no longer active.
Job ID: 70359
Location: Rocky Mount, NC
Facility/Division: Nash UNC Health Care
Status: Per Diem
Shift: Day Job
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 40,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
The Licensed Certified Occupational Therapy Assistant implements treatment plans developed and supervised by a Licensed Occupational Therapist and provides input regarding patient’s response to treatment and progress, in an attempt to prevent disability following disease/injury, while helping the patient reach his/her maximum performance while learning to live within the limits of his/her capabilities.
1. Assists OTR/L with patient evaluations, and provides input with respect to treatment plans.
2. Implements assigned aspects of the treatment plan.
3. Participates in the evaluation of the treatment plan.
4. When determined competent, performs all physical therapy procedures approved for the position, and as detailed in the position’s Skills Checklist.
5. Communicates with patients or their representatives.
6. Demonstrates knowledge of growth and development over the entire life span of a patient.
7. Communicates with team members, physicians and other care providers regarding occupational therapy.
8. Provides Oversight and guidance to non-licensed personnel, new employees and students.
1. Graduation from an accredited program for Occupational Therapy Assistants.
2. Current North Carolina license as an Occupational Therapy Assistant.
3. Current BCLS certification.
Legal Employer: Nash Hospitals
Entity: Nash UNC Health Care
Organization Unit: BTAR Therapy Services
Work Type: Per Diem
Standard Hours Per Week: 8.00
Work Schedule: Day Job
Location of Job: NASH HC
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: No
The UNC Health System and the UNC School of Medicine are committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling our UNC Health vision of improving the health of all North Carolinians.
UNC Health is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, status as a protected veteran or political affiliation.
All interested applicants are invited to apply for career opportunities. Please refer to our Employment Application Accessibility page if you need a reasonable accommodation to search and/or to apply for a career opportunity.
To verify employment eligibility, UNC Health is committed to Form I-9 and the E-Verify process.