Thank you for your continued interest in career opportunities with UNC Health! Please note the following:
**This referral program is applicable to teammates within UNC Health's core facilities and divisions. This includes UNC Health Caldwell, UNC Health Chatham, UNC Health Alliance, UNC Hospitals (UNC Medical Center, UNC WakeBrook, UNC Hillsborough, and UNC Faculty Physicians), UNC Health Johnston, UNC Physicians Network, UNC Health Rex, UNC Rex Holly Springs, UNC Health Rockingham, and Shared Services.**
Current teammates, looking to refer someone? Check out our Teammate Referral Program to earn extra cash!
Current teammates, please ensure that you submit your candidate in our system, before they apply. For teammate referral guidelines and eligibility, click here.
Current UNC Health teammates also now have access to our myCareer - Career Development Resources, which provide tools and guidance to employees to create a career plan.
Job ID: 66737
Location: Hendersonville, NC
Facility/Division: Pardee UNC Health Care
Status: Full Time
Shift: Day Job
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 40,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
The Comprehensive Pre-Arrival Specialist II works with a multi-disciplinary team that supports all processes around financially clearing patients before their arrival. This position is reviews and processes all required procedures for clearing patients prior to their scheduled event. This role assists with monitoring, reporting, and communication of department-specific and payer trends in order to optimize overall revenue cycle performance and reimbursements while complying with federal, state and payer specific requirements.
• Verifies insurance information that may have not been completed during the pre-registration/scheduling process to ensure compliance with federal and state regulatory bodies. Assists in the training of staff and documents results via PAU Orientation Checklist. Audits team member’s workflow for accuracy and documents findings to Management.
• Reviews providers’ orders and notes for key elements and processes them via Electronic Medical Recordkeeping (EMR) system workflow. Contacts provider offices, payers and/or payer websites to secure and validate authorization information.
• Performs POS Collection functions (primarily in conjunction with the pre-registration process). Using defined workflows, contacts the patient with estimated financial liability and presents options for payment as directed. Collects payment and posts to EPIC.
• Performs post-procedure and post-clinic care audits. Organizes and facilitates education for provider and clinic staff on improving revenue optimization based on audit. Participates in the day-to-day implementation and optimization of Epic Optimization opportunities. Collaborates with appropriate Billing Specialist on addressing operational revenue improvement opportunities with providers and clinic staff of complex patient procedure audit findings.
• High School diploma or equivalent.
• Two years of patient access, revenue cycle or other medical billing related experience.
• Demonstrated ability to perform pre and post-procedure/care audits.
• Strong verbal and written communication
• Education or formal training in Medical terminology
Legal Employer: Pardee - HCHC
Entity: Pardee UNC Health Care
Organization Unit: Pat Acct
Work Type: Full Time
Standard Hours Per Week: 40.00
Work Schedule: Day Job
Location of Job: PARDEEHOSP
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: No
The UNC Health System and the UNC School of Medicine are committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling our UNC Health vision of improving the health of all North Carolinians.
UNC Health is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, status as a protected veteran or political affiliation.
All interested applicants are invited to apply for career opportunities. Please refer to our Employment Application Accessibility page if you need a reasonable accommodation to search and/or to apply for a career opportunity.
To verify employment eligibility, UNC Health is committed to Form I-9 and the E-Verify process.
Learn further E-Verify details in E-Verify (English) or E-Verify (Spanish).
UNC Health supports your right to work. View the Right of Work Statement (English) or Right of Work Statement (Spanish).
View the KNOW YOUR RIGHTS (English) or the KNOW YOUR RIGHTS (Spanish)posters.
View the PAY TRANSPARENCY (English) or the PAY TRANSPARENCY (Spanish)Nondiscrimination provision posters.
View the Federal Workplace poster. View our EEO/AA Policy Statement.