Thank you for your continued interest in career opportunities with UNC Health! Please note the following:
**This referral program is applicable to teammates within UNC Health's core facilities and divisions. This includes UNC Health Caldwell, UNC Health Chatham, UNC Health Alliance, UNC Hospitals (UNC Medical Center, UNC WakeBrook, UNC Hillsborough, and UNC Faculty Physicians), UNC Health Johnston, UNC Physicians Network, UNC Health Rex, UNC Rex Holly Springs, UNC Health Rockingham, and Shared Services.**
Current teammates, looking to refer someone? Check out our Teammate Referral Program to earn extra cash!
Current teammates, please ensure that you submit your candidate in our system, before they apply. For teammate referral guidelines and eligibility, click here.
Current UNC Health teammates also now have access to our myCareer - Career Development Resources, which provide tools and guidance to employees to create a career plan.
Job ID: 70403
Location: Hendersonville, NC
Facility/Division: Pardee UNC Health Care
Status: Full Time
Shift: Day Job
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 40,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
The Sterile Processing Trainee is a trainee position to prepare participants for certification and performance as a Central Sterile Processing technician. Hired applicants will be full time employees of Pardee UNC Health Care and eligible for benefits as they receive paid training. Under close supervision by certified educational and operations staff, the Trainee receives training, education, and practical experience regarding the sterile processing of tools and equipment for patient care and surgical operations in a hospital setting.
• Receives education, training and practical experience regarding the sterile processing of tools and equipment for surgical operations in a hospital setting, including but not limited to:
- Principles of both high-temperature (steam) sterilization and low-temperature (Sterrad) sterilization
- Decontamination, cleaning and sterilization of instruments and equipment
- Inspection of instruments/equipment for cleanliness and function
- Proper principles and use of equipment tracking and recordkeeping
- Staging of equipment for clinical operations, including surgeries
• Assists with instrument decontamination and cleaning as allowable within scope of training and experience.
• Transports materials to and from the processing area as part of routine collection and distribution.
• Stages equipment for clinical operations as defined by documented processes and standards.
• Assists with departmental processes for maintaining/replenishing consumable supplies.
• Promotes a safe, clean and secure hospital environment for all through the application of standard precautions and principles of infection control.
• High school degree or equivalent
• Current enrollment in a formal Sterile Processing program at an accredited institution.
• Experience working in a healthcare setting
Legal Employer: Pardee - HCHC
Entity: Pardee UNC Health Care
Organization Unit: Central Sterile
Work Type: Full Time
Standard Hours Per Week: 40.00
Work Schedule: Day Job
Location of Job: PARDEEHOSP
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: No
The UNC Health System and the UNC School of Medicine are committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling our UNC Health vision of improving the health of all North Carolinians.
UNC Health is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, status as a protected veteran or political affiliation.
All interested applicants are invited to apply for career opportunities. Please refer to our Employment Application Accessibility page if you need a reasonable accommodation to search and/or to apply for a career opportunity.
To verify employment eligibility, UNC Health is committed to Form I-9 and the E-Verify process.
Learn further E-Verify details in E-Verify (English) or E-Verify (Spanish).
UNC Health supports your right to work. View the Right of Work Statement (English) or Right of Work Statement (Spanish).
View the KNOW YOUR RIGHTS (English) or the KNOW YOUR RIGHTS (Spanish)posters.
View the PAY TRANSPARENCY (English) or the PAY TRANSPARENCY (Spanish)Nondiscrimination provision posters.
View the Federal Workplace poster. View our EEO/AA Policy Statement.