Thank you for your continued interest in career opportunities with UNC Health! Please note the following:
**This referral program is applicable to teammates within UNC Health's core facilities and divisions. This includes UNC Health Caldwell, UNC Health Chatham, UNC Health Alliance, UNC Hospitals (UNC Medical Center, UNC WakeBrook, UNC Hillsborough, and UNC Faculty Physicians), UNC Health Johnston, UNC Physicians Network, UNC Health Rex, UNC Rex Holly Springs, UNC Health Rockingham, and Shared Services.**
Current teammates, looking to refer someone? Check out our Teammate Referral Program to earn extra cash!
Current teammates, please ensure that you submit your candidate in our system, before they apply. For teammate referral guidelines and eligibility, click here.
Current UNC Health teammates also now have access to our myCareer - Career Development Resources, which provide tools and guidance to employees to create a career plan.
Job ID: 62326
Location: Hillsborough, NC
Facility/Division: UNC Medical Center Hillsborough
Status: Full Time
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 40,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
This position is a working supervisor, with major responsibility for ensuring that sterile supplies and instruments are available to the operating rooms throughout the UNC Healthcare system. In addition to the staff, this position also performs a variety of duties related to the decontamination, sterilization, assembly, storage, and distribution of surgical instruments and medical supplies. Employees in this class work under the minimal supervision of a higher-level administrator.
1. Assists in maintaining inventory of supplies, equipment, and repair parts replaces old equipment and arranges for repairs of existing equipment.
2. Assists with selection, hiring, and coaching of staff. Monitors performance, provides feedback. Responsible for discipline of staff. Conducts performance appraisals.
3. Confers with company representatives. Attends demonstrations of new equipment. Recommends purchases of new equipment. Assists with evaluations of new items and procedures.
4. Ensures staff is aware of and adheres to relevant policies and procedures, including Infection Control Guidelines, society standards and manufacturer’s instructions for use.
5. Responsible for supervising personnel who process, store, distribute, issue, and stock surgical instruments and medical supplies to all patient care areas, clinics and specialty areas. Maintains day-to-day operations, plans daily shift schedule or changes based on manpower scheduling and the needs of the areas serviced.
6. Reviews work of staff to ensure quality, accuracy of charges, inventory levels and equipment on hand.
7. Sets the standard for customer service, trains staff, evaluates employees, and advises customers as to use of equipment and supplies as needed. Troubleshoots problems and make recommendations to improve operations.
● High School diploma or GED
● Sterile processing certification required.
Professional Experience Requirements:
● Three (3) years of experience relevant to the processing or inventorying of medical surgical supplies.
Knowledge/Skills/and Abilities Requirements:
Legal Employer: STATE
Entity: UNC Medical Center Hillsborough
Organization Unit: Central Processing HBOH
Work Type: Full Time
Standard Hours Per Week: 40.00
Work Schedule: Variable
Location of Job: US:NC:Hillsborough
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: No
This is a State position employed by UNC Health Care System.
Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
UNC Health makes reasonable accommodations for applicants' and employees' religious practices and beliefs, as well as applicants and employees with disabilities. All interested applicants are invited to apply for career opportunities. Please email [email protected] if you need a reasonable accommodation to search and/or to apply for a career opportunity.
The UNC Health System and the UNC School of Medicine are committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling our UNC Health vision of improving the health of all North Carolinians.
UNC Health is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, status as a protected veteran or political affiliation.
All interested applicants are invited to apply for career opportunities. Please refer to our Employment Application Accessibility page if you need a reasonable accommodation to search and/or to apply for a career opportunity.
To verify employment eligibility, UNC Health is committed to Form I-9 and the E-Verify process.
Learn further E-Verify details in E-Verify (English) or E-Verify (Spanish).
UNC Health supports your right to work. View the Right of Work Statement (English) or Right of Work Statement (Spanish).
View the KNOW YOUR RIGHTS (English) or the KNOW YOUR RIGHTS (Spanish)posters.
View the PAY TRANSPARENCY (English) or the PAY TRANSPARENCY (Spanish)Nondiscrimination provision posters.
View the Federal Workplace poster. View our EEO/AA Policy Statement.