Thank you for your continued interest in career opportunities with UNC Health! Please note the following:
**This referral program is applicable to teammates within UNC Health's core facilities and divisions. This includes UNC Health Caldwell, UNC Health Chatham, UNC Health Alliance, UNC Hospitals (UNC Medical Center, UNC WakeBrook, UNC Hillsborough, and UNC Faculty Physicians), UNC Health Johnston, UNC Physicians Network, UNC Health Rex, UNC Rex Holly Springs, UNC Health Rockingham, and Shared Services.**
Current teammates, looking to refer someone? Check out our Teammate Referral Program to earn extra cash!
Current teammates, please ensure that you submit your candidate in our system, before they apply. For teammate referral guidelines and eligibility, click here.
Current UNC Health teammates also now have access to our myCareer - Career Development Resources, which provide tools and guidance to employees to create a career plan.
This job posting is no longer active.
Job ID: 69588
Location: Morrisville, NC
Facility/Division: Shared Services
Status: Full Time
Shift: Day Job
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 40,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
The Director of Pharmacy will develop, oversee and maintain high-quality, cost-effective integrated pharmacy programs. The Director of Pharmacy will exercise management responsibility in order to meet the needs of patients, physicians, and staff in a manner consistent with UNC Health Care's values and mission statement. Specific areas of responsibility are not limited to, but will include: Inpatient care, Outpatient care, Ambulatory care, Infusion Centers, Specialty pharmacy, Retail pharmacies, Pharmacy satellite locations and Drug research.
1. Scope of Pharmacy Practice - Responsible for directing pharmacy operations, strategies, policies and procedures, budget process, project implementations, human resource management and committee representation. The Director of Pharmacy is responsible for insuring compliance and other regulatory standards, implementing and monitoring financial controls to insure effective utilization of resources through budgeting and analysis of management reports, development of staff and services, as well as organizational performance improvement, quality management, evidence based outcome and setting the communication tone, values and culture of the health system. Collaboration with clinical leadership to develop drug use initiatives and assure appropriate use of pharmaceuticals. The Pharmacy Director will be responsible for the execution and consistent implementation of drug use initiatives and Pharmacy care management initiatives. Collaboration with Patient Safety Leadership to develop quality initiatives, processes and tools. The position is be responsible for the execution and consistent implementation of quality initiatives across all pharmacy practice settings. He or she will also be responsible for ensuring enforcement of all applicable policies, standards and regulations related to Medication Safety, Medication Management and AR&L (Accreditation, Regulatory and Licensing). Collaboration with Pharmacy Informatics personnel to ensure successful implementation and maintenance of technology systems and to contribute to the development of technology innovation.
2. Leading Self & Others - Builds and maintains relationships that are anchored in trust and shared decision making. Leads self and others to grow.
3. Leading Quality & Service - Continuously ensures exceptional quality and service for all.
4. Leading Business Strategy - Uses business strategy and organizational knowledge to achieve business results and pursue the vision.
5. Leading for Accountability & Results - Leads self and others to take ownership for goals and outcomes; effectively and efficiently uses available resources.
6. Leading Improvement - Leads continuous improvement by using innovation, creative problem solving and proven change management principles.
● PharmD or BS Pharmacy Degree.
● Active pharmacist licensure with the NC Board of Pharmacy or obtainable before initiation of employment.
Professional Experience Requirements:
● Seven years of pharmacist experience or equivalent, of which four years must be of pharmacy supervisory experience; proven management skills, including program planning and development, project management, finance, performance, quality and/or human resource management. PGY2 Health-System Pharmacy Administration & Leadership (HSPAL) residency will count as relevant supervisory experience for Pharmacy leadership positions
Legal Employer: NCHEALTH
Entity: Shared Services
Organization Unit: Pharmacy 340B Programs
Work Type: Full Time
Standard Hours Per Week: 40.00
Work Schedule: Day Job
Location of Job: US:NC:Morrisville
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: Yes
This position is employed by NC Health (Rex Healthcare, Inc., d/b/a NC Health), a private, fully-owned subsidiary of UNC Health Care System, in a department that provides shared services to operations across UNC Health Care; except that, if you are currently a UNCHCS State employee already working in a designated shared services department, you may remain a UNCHCS State employee if selected for this job.
Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
UNC Health makes reasonable accommodations for applicants' and employees' religious practices and beliefs, as well as applicants and employees with disabilities. All interested applicants are invited to apply for career opportunities. Please email [email protected] if you need a reasonable accommodation to search and/or to apply for a career opportunity.
The UNC Health System and the UNC School of Medicine are committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling our UNC Health vision of improving the health of all North Carolinians.
UNC Health is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, status as a protected veteran or political affiliation.
All interested applicants are invited to apply for career opportunities. Please refer to our Employment Application Accessibility page if you need a reasonable accommodation to search and/or to apply for a career opportunity.
To verify employment eligibility, UNC Health is committed to Form I-9 and the E-Verify process.
Learn further E-Verify details in E-Verify (English) or E-Verify (Spanish).
UNC Health supports your right to work. View the Right of Work Statement (English) or Right of Work Statement (Spanish).
View the KNOW YOUR RIGHTS (English) or the KNOW YOUR RIGHTS (Spanish)posters.
View the PAY TRANSPARENCY (English) or the PAY TRANSPARENCY (Spanish)Nondiscrimination provision posters.
View the Federal Workplace poster. View our EEO/AA Policy Statement.