Thank you for your continued interest in career opportunities with UNC Health! Please note the following:
**This referral program is applicable to teammates within UNC Health's core facilities and divisions. This includes UNC Health Caldwell, UNC Health Chatham, UNC Health Alliance, UNC Hospitals (UNC Medical Center, UNC WakeBrook, UNC Hillsborough, and UNC Faculty Physicians), UNC Health Johnston, UNC Physicians Network, UNC Health Rex, UNC Rex Holly Springs, UNC Health Rockingham, and Shared Services.**
Current teammates, looking to refer someone? Check out our Teammate Referral Program to earn extra cash!
Current teammates, please ensure that you submit your candidate in our system, before they apply. For teammate referral guidelines and eligibility, click here.
Current UNC Health teammates also now have access to our myCareer - Career Development Resources, which provide tools and guidance to employees to create a career plan.
Job ID: 68494
Location: Goldsboro, NC
Facility/Division: Wayne UNC Health Care
Status: Full Time
Shift: Evening Job
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 40,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
The OR Schedule Coordinator is a member of the surgical team who facilitates the flow and efficiency of OR cases. Responsible for coordinating transport staff and patient movement, as well as notifying surgeons of case start times.
1. Correctly schedules procedures using the guidelines provided by the Department of Surgery in order to post add-on cases.
2. Is able to respond promptly and productively to scheduling changes and emergencies.
3. Communicates any problems with the charge nurse
4. Keeps work area neat and orderly.
5. Is flexible and available to work outside of regular hours to ensure coverage for the area.
6. Responds appropriately to emergency and code situations. Remains calm and works effectively in stressful situations.
7. Completes continuing education and in-service programs to meet regulatory and job requirements.
8. Presents and promotes a professional demeanor at all times, exhibits high standards of customer service, supports responsibility, pride, and teamwork, remains calm under pressure, and offers reasonable solutions for problems.
9. Applies knowledge of principles of standard precautions.
10. Contributes to the efficiency, effectiveness, quality and safety of the operating room by working cooperatively, respectfully and with integrity.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• Ability to manage many priority activities simultaneously.
• Ability to adapt to rapidly changing situations calmly.
• Ability to maintain collaborative relationships with teammates, supervisors, administration, providers and the general public.
• Ability to read, write and communicate effectively in English.
• Proficient with MS Office and Epic, and the ability to learn new software rapidly.
Legal Employer: Wayne Health
Entity: Wayne UNC Health Care
Organization Unit: Operating Room
Work Type: Full Time
Standard Hours Per Week: 40.00
Work Schedule: Evening Job
Location of Job: WAYNE MED
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: No
The UNC Health System and the UNC School of Medicine are committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling our UNC Health vision of improving the health of all North Carolinians.
UNC Health is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, status as a protected veteran or political affiliation.
All interested applicants are invited to apply for career opportunities. Please refer to our Employment Application Accessibility page if you need a reasonable accommodation to search and/or to apply for a career opportunity.
To verify employment eligibility, UNC Health is committed to Form I-9 and the E-Verify process.
Learn further E-Verify details in E-Verify (English) or E-Verify (Spanish).
UNC Health supports your right to work. View the Right of Work Statement (English) or Right of Work Statement (Spanish).
View the KNOW YOUR RIGHTS (English) or the KNOW YOUR RIGHTS (Spanish)posters.
View the PAY TRANSPARENCY (English) or the PAY TRANSPARENCY (Spanish)Nondiscrimination provision posters.
View the Federal Workplace poster. View our EEO/AA Policy Statement.