Thank you for your continued interest in career opportunities with UNC Health! Please note the following:
**This referral program is applicable to teammates within UNC Health's core facilities and divisions. This includes UNC Health Caldwell, UNC Health Chatham, UNC Health Alliance, UNC Hospitals (UNC Medical Center, UNC WakeBrook, UNC Hillsborough, and UNC Faculty Physicians), UNC Health Johnston, UNC Physicians Network, UNC Health Rex, UNC Rex Holly Springs, UNC Health Rockingham, and Shared Services.**
Current teammates, looking to refer someone? Check out our Teammate Referral Program to earn extra cash!
Current teammates, please ensure that you submit your candidate in our system, before they apply. For teammate referral guidelines and eligibility, click here.
Current UNC Health teammates also now have access to our myCareer - Career Development Resources, which provide tools and guidance to employees to create a career plan.
Job ID: 70929
Location: Goldsboro, NC
Facility/Division: Wayne UNC Health Care
Status: Full Time
Shift: Day Job
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 40,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
Provides qualified medical interpretive services and cultural awareness of the patient population they serve. The goal is to optimize mutual communication and understanding between patients and the health care personnel. This includes efforts to improve the health literacy, health system access, support, efficiency, and value of care for patients with LEP (Limited English Proficiency).
1. Primary resource for contact by hospital personnel
2. Focus on patient needs (clinical, social, emotional, logistical, and administrative) with guided support
3. Navigate patients, families, and caregivers through the health care process
4. Review current and produce new resources
5. Assess individual and population health literacy
6. Act as a patient liaison with engagement, communication, support and outreach
7. Patient evaluation and guidance for necessary clinical and non-clinical needs and resources
8. Represent organization, including contact with external people and entities
9. Participates in departmental meetings and other as assigned
10. Manage departmental / organizational tasks including patient follow up and lab result communication
• Minimum High School diploma or GED
• Certified Medical Interpreter
• Bilingual (English/Spanish) and bicultural
• CHW Training Preferred
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• Ability to work with detailed information
• Employ high-level problem-solving skills
• Ability to work independently but also collaborate
• Possesses excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal skills
• Possess strong customer service and relationship-building skills
• Possess strong communication skills with diverse populations
• Exhibit a high degree of independence, adaptability, initiative, and commitment
• Demonstrates knowledge of data collection and compilation
• Proficient with Windows-based software including MS Word, Excel and Outlook
Valid NC Driver’s License: No
If driving a Wayne UNC Vehicle, must be 21 years old and MVR must be approved by Risk Management.
Legal Employer: Wayne Health
Entity: Wayne UNC Health Care
Organization Unit: Care Management
Work Type: Full Time
Standard Hours Per Week: 40.00
Work Schedule: Day Job
Location of Job: WAYNE MED
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: Not Applicable
The UNC Health System and the UNC School of Medicine are committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling our UNC Health vision of improving the health of all North Carolinians.
UNC Health is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, status as a protected veteran or political affiliation.
All interested applicants are invited to apply for career opportunities. Please refer to our Employment Application Accessibility page if you need a reasonable accommodation to search and/or to apply for a career opportunity.
To verify employment eligibility, UNC Health is committed to Form I-9 and the E-Verify process.
Learn further E-Verify details in E-Verify (English) or E-Verify (Spanish).
UNC Health supports your right to work. View the Right of Work Statement (English) or Right of Work Statement (Spanish).
View the KNOW YOUR RIGHTS (English) or the KNOW YOUR RIGHTS (Spanish)posters.
View the PAY TRANSPARENCY (English) or the PAY TRANSPARENCY (Spanish)Nondiscrimination provision posters.
View the Federal Workplace poster. View our EEO/AA Policy Statement.