Thank you for your continued interest in career opportunities with UNC Health! Please note the following:
**This referral program is applicable to teammates within UNC Health's core facilities and divisions. This includes UNC Health Caldwell, UNC Health Chatham, UNC Health Alliance, UNC Hospitals (UNC Medical Center, UNC WakeBrook, UNC Hillsborough, and UNC Faculty Physicians), UNC Health Johnston, UNC Physicians Network, UNC Health Rex, UNC Rex Holly Springs, UNC Health Rockingham, and Shared Services.**
Current teammates, looking to refer someone? Check out our Teammate Referral Program to earn extra cash!
Current teammates, please ensure that you submit your candidate in our system, before they apply. For teammate referral guidelines and eligibility, click here.
Current UNC Health teammates also now have access to our myCareer - Career Development Resources, which provide tools and guidance to employees to create a career plan.
Job ID: 64998
Location: Hendersonville, NC
Facility/Division: Pardee UNC Health Care
Status: Full Time
Shift: Day Job
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 40,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
The cancer research nurse is responsible for providing and coordinating clinical care for patients enrolled in a clinical trial while adhering to all FDA, OHRP and GCP guidelines and regulations. This position has a central role in assuring participant safety, ongoing maintenance of informed consent, and integrity of protocol implementation, accuracy of data collection, data recording and follow up.
• Identifies potential clinical trial patients and collaborates with the physician investigator to enroll eligible patients to clinical trials. Serves as a resource to the patient care team for the management of care of patients participating in clinical trials, ensuring compliance with protocol procedures, assessments, reporting requirements, and management of symptoms.
• Ensures the initial and ongoing consent process is performed and documented in compliance with FDA, Inter¬national Conference on Harmonization Good Clinical Practice (GCP), institutional, sponsor, IRB, and other applicable regulations and policies. Ensure patient comprehension and safety during initial and ongoing clinical trial informed consent discussions. Counsels and teaches research participants about protocol participation, treatment, and side effects, medication compliance, and administration of investigational drugs.
• Documents assessment, management, and evaluation in source documents for patients on clinical trials as ap¬propriate to the protocol. Ensures that relevant data from the source document are abstracted and accurately recorded in the clinical trial case report forms and that every data point can be verified within the source document. Organizes charts as required by the sponsor or research group for audits. Collaborates with physician investigators, pharmacy, and other appropriate personnel to ensure proper use of and accountability for investigational drugs.
• Adheres to protocol guidelines for the collection, processing, and shipping of biospecimens and accurately enters data into the protocol specimen tracker. Complies with the International Air Transport Association and institutional policies for shipping of biological specimens.
• Ensures that all Research Coordinator responsibilities are completed in EPIC including but not limited to: creating and activating a study record, creating a billing coverage analysis for each study, associating a patient with a research study, linking research encounters to the study, reviewing charges for research patients to ensure Medicare billing compliance, and create treatment plans in Beacon for research patients corresponding to the protocol requirements.
Hired applicants will be expected to acquire Society of Clinical Research Associates (SOCRA) Certified Clinical Research Professional (CCRP) or Association of Clinical Research Professionals
(ACRP) Certified Professional (ACRP-CP).
• Must be licensed to practice as a Registered Nurse in the state of North Carolina or one of compact states.
• Experience working in a clinical role in or around oncology and chemotherapy.
• Experience performing or documenting clinical research
Legal Employer: Pardee - HCHC
Entity: Pardee UNC Health Care
Organization Unit: Cancer Svcs
Work Type: Full Time
Standard Hours Per Week: 36.00
Work Schedule: Day Job
Location of Job: PARDEEHOSP
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: No
The UNC Health System and the UNC School of Medicine are committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling our UNC Health vision of improving the health of all North Carolinians.
UNC Health is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, status as a protected veteran or political affiliation.
All interested applicants are invited to apply for career opportunities. Please refer to our Employment Application Accessibility page if you need a reasonable accommodation to search and/or to apply for a career opportunity.
To verify employment eligibility, UNC Health is committed to Form I-9 and the E-Verify process.
Learn further E-Verify details in E-Verify (English) or E-Verify (Spanish).
UNC Health supports your right to work. View the Right of Work Statement (English) or Right of Work Statement (Spanish).
View the KNOW YOUR RIGHTS (English) or the KNOW YOUR RIGHTS (Spanish)posters.
View the PAY TRANSPARENCY (English) or the PAY TRANSPARENCY (Spanish)Nondiscrimination provision posters.
View the Federal Workplace poster. View our EEO/AA Policy Statement.