Thank you for your continued interest in career opportunities with UNC Health! Please note the following:
**This referral program is applicable to teammates within UNC Health's core facilities and divisions. This includes UNC Health Caldwell, UNC Health Chatham, UNC Health Alliance, UNC Hospitals (UNC Medical Center, UNC WakeBrook, UNC Hillsborough, and UNC Faculty Physicians), UNC Health Johnston, UNC Physicians Network, UNC Health Rex, UNC Rex Holly Springs, UNC Health Rockingham, and Shared Services.**
Current teammates, looking to refer someone? Check out our Teammate Referral Program to earn extra cash!
Current teammates, please ensure that you submit your candidate in our system, before they apply. For teammate referral guidelines and eligibility, click here.
Current UNC Health teammates also now have access to our myCareer - Career Development Resources, which provide tools and guidance to employees to create a career plan.
Job ID: 71791
Location: Hendersonville, NC
Facility/Division: Pardee UNC Health Care
Status: Full Time
Shift: Day Job
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 40,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
The Ambulatory Care Manager (RN) is responsible for assessment of the patient’s needs for community care support systems and development of a patient-centered plan of care. The Care Manager will collaborate with patients, their families/caregivers, providers, and interdisciplinary care team for overall care coordination to develop the plan of care and initiate and monitor services.
• Assesses and evaluates medical, psychosocial and social needs of patients and their families.
• Develops plan of care in collaboration with interdisciplinary care team, patients and their families/caregivers.
• Develops a self-management plan in collaboration with patient and family/caregiver to assist with identification of risk and appropriate interventions.
• Educates patients and their family/caregivers regarding disease processes, medication management, symptom exacerbation and appropriate site of care.
• Monitors patient status and progress towards meeting care plan goals and adjusts the care plan accordingly. Identifies problems and needs of the assigned client, strengths and weaknesses, available resources, and financial status relative to care needs.
• Assesses for Social Determinates of Health (SDOH) and any barriers to care and makes referrals to community resources as appropriate. Provides assistance with linkage to community resources to enhance client/family coping capacity.
• Prioritizes caseload according to need and available resources.
• Meets with patients face-to-face while in office for appointments or follow-up by phone. Travels between sites to meet with patients as necessary.
• Must be licensed to practice as a Registered Nurse in the state of North Carolina or one of compact states by the day of clinical care.
• Three (3) years of experience working in a clinical capacity in an acute care, home health, or long-term care setting.
• One (1) year of experience working as a Registered Nurse (RN)
Legal Employer: Pardee - HCHC
Entity: Pardee UNC Health Care
Organization Unit: Blue MD Admin
Work Type: Full Time
Standard Hours Per Week: 40.00
Work Schedule: Day Job
Location of Job: PARDEEHOSP
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: No
The UNC Health System and the UNC School of Medicine are committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling our UNC Health vision of improving the health of all North Carolinians.
UNC Health is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, status as a protected veteran or political affiliation.
All interested applicants are invited to apply for career opportunities. Please refer to our Employment Application Accessibility page if you need a reasonable accommodation to search and/or to apply for a career opportunity.
To verify employment eligibility, UNC Health is committed to Form I-9 and the E-Verify process.
Learn further E-Verify details in E-Verify (English) or E-Verify (Spanish).
UNC Health supports your right to work. View the Right of Work Statement (English) or Right of Work Statement (Spanish).
View the KNOW YOUR RIGHTS (English) or the KNOW YOUR RIGHTS (Spanish)posters.
View the PAY TRANSPARENCY (English) or the PAY TRANSPARENCY (Spanish)Nondiscrimination provision posters.
View the Federal Workplace poster. View our EEO/AA Policy Statement.