Thank you for your continued interest in career opportunities with UNC Health! Please note the following:
**This referral program is applicable to teammates within UNC Health's core facilities and divisions. This includes UNC Health Caldwell, UNC Health Chatham, UNC Health Alliance, UNC Hospitals (UNC Medical Center, UNC WakeBrook, UNC Hillsborough, and UNC Faculty Physicians), UNC Health Johnston, UNC Physicians Network, UNC Health Rex, UNC Rex Holly Springs, UNC Health Rockingham, and Shared Services.**
Current teammates, looking to refer someone? Check out our Teammate Referral Program to earn extra cash!
Current teammates, please ensure that you submit your candidate in our system, before they apply. For teammate referral guidelines and eligibility, click here.
Current UNC Health teammates also now have access to our myCareer - Career Development Resources, which provide tools and guidance to employees to create a career plan.
Job ID: 71580
Location: Goldsboro, NC
Facility/Division: Wayne UNC Health Care
Status: Per Diem
Shift: Day Job
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 40,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
The Wound Care Nurse uses clinical expertise to treat wound and skin care issues. Coordinates, negotiates, procures and manages skin and wound care issues for patients to facilitate the achievement of positive clinical outcomes. Handles patients with complex wounds and skin integrity issues. Works collaboratively with interdisciplinary teammates internal and external to the organization to facilitate patient/family education and to participate in performance improvement initiatives related to wound/skin care.
1. Provides case management to a group of patients with wound and skin care issues. Provides specific assessments according to protocols and procedures. Uses clinical competence in procedural skills, treatments, and patient/caregiver education to treat wound and skin care patients. Acts as a patient advocate in delivery and coordination of patient care.
2. Provides efficient and effective care with the guidance of the provider during the clinic sessions.
3. Works at such a pace and demonstrates organizational skills so as to ensure no backlogs of work or undue delays in patient flow.
4. Collaborates with other health care providers, wound care center providers, Program Director, and Clinical Supervisor regarding clinic and patient needs.
5. Understands and complies with Wayne UNC policies and procedures, and all regulatory guidelines such as Joint Commission, DFS, OSHA, etc.
6. Participates on hospital committees and teams as requested.
7. Provides quality patient care using the nursing process and critical thinking skills.
8. Provides effective communication between patients, teammates, providers and visitors.
9. Ensures accurate documentation.
10. Ensures cost-efficient use of supplies and is knowledgeable in operation of wound care/office related equipment.
11. Maintains clinical competency and educational requirements.
12. Knowledgeable of principles Standard Precautions; routinely and consistently makes use of these principles to reduce and avoid work-place exposure of infectious materials. Routinely and consistently makes appropriate use of personal protective equipment and infection control barriers and devices to avoid risk of exposure of self and others.
Graduate of an accredited nursing program. BSN preferred.
Current license with the North Carolina Board of Nursing as a Registered Nurse.
Minimum two years of experience as an RN, with wound care treatment experience strongly preferred.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• Knowledge of wound and skin treatment.
• Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills.
• Attention to detail.
• Ability to read, write and communicate effectively in English.
• Proficient with MS Office and EPIC, with the ability to learn new software rapidly.
Valid NC Driver’s License: No
If driving a Wayne UNC Vehicle, must be 21 years old and MVR must be approved by Risk Management.
Legal Employer: Wayne Health
Entity: Wayne UNC Health Care
Organization Unit: Wound Care
Work Type: Per Diem
Standard Hours Per Week: 4.00
Work Schedule: Day Job
Location of Job: WAYNE MED
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: No
The UNC Health System and the UNC School of Medicine are committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling our UNC Health vision of improving the health of all North Carolinians.
UNC Health is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, status as a protected veteran or political affiliation.
All interested applicants are invited to apply for career opportunities. Please refer to our Employment Application Accessibility page if you need a reasonable accommodation to search and/or to apply for a career opportunity.
To verify employment eligibility, UNC Health is committed to Form I-9 and the E-Verify process.
Learn further E-Verify details in E-Verify (English) or E-Verify (Spanish).
UNC Health supports your right to work. View the Right of Work Statement (English) or Right of Work Statement (Spanish).
View the KNOW YOUR RIGHTS (English) or the KNOW YOUR RIGHTS (Spanish)posters.
View the PAY TRANSPARENCY (English) or the PAY TRANSPARENCY (Spanish)Nondiscrimination provision posters.
View the Federal Workplace poster. View our EEO/AA Policy Statement.