Thank you for your continued interest in career opportunities with UNC Health! Please note the following:
**This referral program is applicable to teammates within UNC Health's core facilities and divisions. This includes UNC Health Caldwell, UNC Health Chatham, UNC Health Alliance, UNC Hospitals (UNC Medical Center, UNC WakeBrook, UNC Hillsborough, and UNC Faculty Physicians), UNC Health Johnston, UNC Physicians Network, UNC Health Rex, UNC Rex Holly Springs, UNC Health Rockingham, and Shared Services.**
Current teammates, looking to refer someone? Check out our Teammate Referral Program to earn extra cash!
Current teammates, please ensure that you submit your candidate in our system, before they apply. For teammate referral guidelines and eligibility, click here.
Job ID: 64338
Location: Chapel Hill, NC
Facility/Division: UNC Medical Center
Status: Per Diem
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 40,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
Provides safe and timely transport of medical crew and patients. Work may involve routine transport or may be performed under stressful situations requiring quick transport.
1. Communicates with crew and other emergency personnel over UHF and VHF radios, pagers, and cellular phones regarding location, patient status, and other relevant information. Utilizes the ground operator's communication book daily.
2. Completes all preventative maintenance. Ensures adequate fuel in vehicles performs daily checks of vehicles and maintains cleanliness of ambulances. Maintains familiarity with vehicle safety manuals.
3. Completes logs, checklists and reports related to activities, vehicle status and maintenance. Ensures continuity of service by participating in shift change debriefings.
4. Ensures that equipment is in a state of mission readiness. Corrects or arranges for repair of any malfunctioning equipment
5. Maintains awareness of road conditions and entire response area, sharing knowledge of changing conditions with co-workers
6. May serve as lead worker or take on specialized equipment maintenance responsibilities
7. Participates in departmental meetings and programs, including Quality Improvement, Marketing and Outreach, and Safety.
8. Transports medical crew and ill or injured patients in emergency vehicles while complying with North Carolina State Law, the operating policies of UNC Air Care and Ground Transport Services, and manufacturer's specifications.
● High School diploma or GED
● Emergency Medical Technician (EMT) certification
● Valid NC Driver's license
● Requires BLS
Professional Experience Requirements:
● One (1) year of EMT experience or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
Knowledge/Skills/and Abilities Requirements:
Legal Employer: STATE
Entity: UNC Medical Center
Organization Unit: RDU Ground
Work Type: Per Diem
Standard Hours Per Week: 6.00
Work Schedule: Variable
Location of Job: US:NC:Chapel Hill
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: No
This is a State position employed by UNC Health Care System.
Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
UNC Health makes reasonable accommodations for applicants' and employees' religious practices and beliefs, as well as applicants and employees with disabilities. All interested applicants are invited to apply for career opportunities. Please email [email protected] if you need a reasonable accommodation to search and/or to apply for a career opportunity.
The UNC Health System and the UNC School of Medicine are committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling our UNC Health vision of improving the health of all North Carolinians.
UNC Health is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, status as a protected veteran or political affiliation.
All interested applicants are invited to apply for career opportunities. Please refer to our Employment Application Accessibility page if you need a reasonable accommodation to search and/or to apply for a career opportunity.
To verify employment eligibility, UNC Health is committed to Form I-9 and the E-Verify process.