Thank you for your continued interest in career opportunities with UNC Health! Please note the following:
**This referral program is applicable to teammates within UNC Health's core facilities and divisions. This includes UNC Health Caldwell, UNC Health Chatham, UNC Health Alliance, UNC Hospitals (UNC Medical Center, UNC Hillsborough, and UNC Faculty Physicians), UNC Health Johnston, UNC Physicians Network, UNC Health Rex, UNC Rex Holly Springs, UNC Health Rockingham, and Shared Services.**
Current teammates, looking to refer someone? Check out our Teammate Referral Program to earn extra cash!
Current teammates, please ensure that you submit your candidate in our system, before they apply. For teammate referral guidelines and eligibility, click here.
This job posting is no longer active.
Job ID: 70787
Location: Morrisville, NC
Facility/Division: UNC Physicians Network
Status: Full Time
Shift: Day Job
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 40,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
Responsible for the oversight /leading and supervising the Occupational Health (OH) and Infection Prevention (IP) processes in multiple practice locations in a designated region to ensure compliance with established guidelines and regulations including OSHA, CDC, CMS, and the N.C. Department of Health and Human Services. Works collaboratively with other departments to identify infectious disease processes, conduct epidemiological investigations to prevent and control the transmission of infectious agents. Provides education, consultation, and support related to OH and IP to promote patient safety and Quality Improvement (QI) initiatives. Travel to practices within the network to support employee and patient health and safety.
1. Oversight for OH and IP process in multiple practice locations within a designated geographic region to maintain an environment of safety for patents, self and others.
2. Identification of occupational hazardous and infectious disease risk and processes.
3. Collaborates with Regional and Practice leaders to ensure compliance with established safety, governmental and regulatory agency guidelines, including but not limited to CDC, CMS, HIPAA, OSHA, best practice, and infection prevention policies and procedures. Participates in practice support rounds to assess for compliance.
4. Conducts surveillance and epidemiological investigations. Investigates work-related injuries and illnesses in the employee population and provides follow up of employee exposure to disease, blood and body fluids, and hazardous substances.
5. Works collaboratively with Ergonomic Task Force to provide ergonomic assessments and recommendations.
6. Ensures competency and skills assessment is completed annually for staff performing instrument reprocessing. Provides support for staff who require remediation or additional training to achieve compliance. Conduct periodic audits at all locations that perform instrument reprocessing; quarterly for High Level Disinfection and bi-annually for steam sterilization.
7. Coordinates and partners with Clinical Services to develop/plan orientation, training, and continuing education by identifying educational needs and developing/planning programs to ensure compliance with consistent infection prevention and clinical process. Participates in development of quality improvement and safety initiatives.
8. Maintains required databases and complies with all regulatory recording and reporting requirements including Workers Compensation, OSHA 300 Log, Sharps Log, Respiratory Protection, and NC Bureau of Labor Statistics.
9. Collaborates with Business Development team to on-board new practices; conducts infection control risk assessments for renovation projects.
10. Works in conjunction with the Clinical Services Executive Director, Associate Medical Directors, and Human Resources to establish organizational goals, develop and maintain policies/ procedures and protocols in compliance with current professional standards and regulatory guidelines. Completes an annual review of IP policies/ procedures and protocols and updates according to need.
11. Demonstrates good customer service skills when interacting with co-workers. Demonstrates leadership in communication and team work.
12. Maintains current knowledge, skills, and certifications through self-development and relevant education. Actively participates in or leads UNCHC and UNCPN committees and projects advancing clinical knowledge and competency.
● Graduate of an accredited school of nursing: Registered Nurse with licensure in NC
Bachelor’s degree in nursing (BSN) required or equivalent combination of nursing education and experience
● Registered Nurse with licensure in North Carolina
● Certified Occupational Health or Certified Infection Prevention (desirable)
Professional Experience Requirements:
● 3-5 years of clinical experience in a hospital or ambulatory setting.
● Occupational health nursing experience desirable.
● Epidemiology/Infection Prevention, toxicology, industrial and environmental hygiene experience preferred.
● Experience with safety and risk management issues to include Joint Commission, CMS, OSHA, CDC, Worker's Comp, ADA and FMLA.
Knowledge/Skills/and Abilities Requirements:
● Language skills: ability to read, analyze, and interpret complex documents, general business periodicals, processional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to respond effectively to sensitive inquiries and complaints. Ability to make effective and persuasive presentations on controversial or complex topics to leadership, public groups, and/or boards of directors.
Mathematical skills: Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference.
Computer Skills: Ability to develop reports and spreadsheets, analyze data and monitor trends. Proficient in Word, Excel, Microsoft Office.
Reasoning Ability: Ability to define problems , conduct research, collect data, and interpret findings in order to establish recommendations and/or policy change which ultimately guide clinical practice and workflows.
Legal Employer: NCHEALTH
Entity: UNC Physicians Network
Organization Unit: UNCPN Administration Staff
Work Type: Full Time
Standard Hours Per Week: 40.00
Work Schedule: Day Job
Location of Job: US:NC:Morrisville
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: Yes
This position is employed by NC Health (Rex Healthcare, Inc., d/b/a NC Health), a private, fully-owned subsidiary of UNC Heath Care System. This is not a State employed position.
Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
UNC Health makes reasonable accommodations for applicants' and employees' religious practices and beliefs, as well as applicants and employees with disabilities. All interested applicants are invited to apply for career opportunities. Please email [email protected] if you need a reasonable accommodation to search and/or to apply for a career opportunity.
UNC Health and the UNC School of Medicine are committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling our UNC Health vision of improving the health of all North Carolinians.
UNC Health is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, status as a protected veteran or political affiliation.
All interested applicants are invited to apply for career opportunities. Please refer to our Employment Application Accessibility page if you need a reasonable accommodation to search and/or to apply for a career opportunity.
To verify employment eligibility, UNC Health is committed to Form I-9 and the E-Verify process.