Thank you for your continued interest in career opportunities with UNC Health! Please note the following:
**This referral program is applicable to teammates within UNC Health's core facilities and divisions. This includes UNC Health Caldwell, UNC Health Chatham, UNC Health Alliance, UNC Hospitals (UNC Medical Center, UNC WakeBrook, UNC Hillsborough, and UNC Faculty Physicians), UNC Health Johnston, UNC Physicians Network, UNC Health Rex, UNC Rex Holly Springs, UNC Health Rockingham, and Shared Services.**
Current teammates, looking to refer someone? Check out our Teammate Referral Program to earn extra cash!
Current teammates, please ensure that you submit your candidate in our system, before they apply. For teammate referral guidelines and eligibility, click here.
Current UNC Health teammates also now have access to our myCareer - Career Development Resources, which provide tools and guidance to employees to create a career plan.
Job ID: 70859
Location: Raleigh, NC
Facility/Division: UNC REX Healthcare
Status: Full Time
Shift: Day Job
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 40,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
Prepare the Rex Healthcare system leaders/co-workers for surveys and the accreditation process through mock surveys, focused tracers, articles, computerized learning modules, newsletters, presentations, accreditation website, and consultations with clinicians and departments.
1. Facilitate the interpretation of the Joint Commission Standards and Center for Medicare and Medicaid regulations (hereto referred to as standards and regulations) with/for organization's leadership team.
2. Ensure organizational readiness and the ongoing compliance with the standards and regulations across the Rex Healthcare system.
3. Report the status of hospital-wide standards compliance to organizational leaders.
4. Prepare the Rex Healthcare system leaders/co-workers for surveys and the accreditation process through mock surveys, focused tracers, articles, computerized learning modules, newsletters, presentations, accreditation website, and consultations with clinicians and departments.
5. Develop and provide education to Rex co-workers.
6. Coordinate investigations and reply to patient/family complaints sent to Rex Healthcare by Joint Commission.
7. Manage TJC/CMS/Division of Health Services Regulation (DHSR) surveys effectively. Prepare and coordinate written responses to TJC, CMS, or DHSR surveys, as needed.
8. Participate in the Patient Safety Team and root cause analysis of sentinel events. Create/assist with action planning to prevent these events in the future.
9. Maintain extensive knowledge of the most current accreditation, certification, and licensure requirements and standards, independent judgement, decision making, data collection, validation and analysis techniques, Quality Improvement concepts and tools, risk management, operational policies and patient safety and care standards.
● Bachelor's degree in Nursing required. Master's Degree in Nursing (or related field) highly preferred.
● RN NC LIC
Professional Experience Requirements:
● Four years of experience in administration or patient care in a hospital setting. Experience in Joint commission accreditation process and experience in outcomes and performance management is highly preferred.
Knowledge/Skills/and Abilities Requirements:
● Ability to read, analyze, and interpret common scientific and technical journals, financial reports, and legal documents. Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community. Ability to write speeches and articles for publication that conform to prescribed style and format. Ability to effectively present information to top management, public groups, and/or boards of directors. Ability to apply advanced mathematical concepts such as exponents, logarithms, quadratic equations, and permutations. Ability to apply mathematical operations to such tasks as frequency distribution, determination of test reliability and validity, analysis of variance, correlation techniques, sampling theory, and factor analysis. Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions.
Legal Employer: NCHEALTH
Entity: UNC REX Healthcare
Organization Unit: Rex Quality Programs
Work Type: Full Time
Standard Hours Per Week: 40.00
Work Schedule: Day Job
Location of Job: US:NC:Raleigh
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: Yes
This position is employed by NC Health (Rex Healthcare, Inc., d/b/a NC Health), a private, fully-owned subsidiary of UNC Heath Care System. This is not a State employed position.
Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
UNC Health makes reasonable accommodations for applicants' and employees' religious practices and beliefs, as well as applicants and employees with disabilities. All interested applicants are invited to apply for career opportunities. Please email [email protected] if you need a reasonable accommodation to search and/or to apply for a career opportunity.
The UNC Health System and the UNC School of Medicine are committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling our UNC Health vision of improving the health of all North Carolinians.
UNC Health is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, status as a protected veteran or political affiliation.
All interested applicants are invited to apply for career opportunities. Please refer to our Employment Application Accessibility page if you need a reasonable accommodation to search and/or to apply for a career opportunity.
To verify employment eligibility, UNC Health is committed to Form I-9 and the E-Verify process.
Learn further E-Verify details in E-Verify (English) or E-Verify (Spanish).
UNC Health supports your right to work. View the Right of Work Statement (English) or Right of Work Statement (Spanish).
View the KNOW YOUR RIGHTS (English) or the KNOW YOUR RIGHTS (Spanish)posters.
View the PAY TRANSPARENCY (English) or the PAY TRANSPARENCY (Spanish)Nondiscrimination provision posters.
View the Federal Workplace poster. View our EEO/AA Policy Statement.