Thank you for your continued interest in career opportunities with UNC Health! Please note the following:
**This referral program is applicable to teammates within UNC Health's core facilities and divisions. This includes UNC Health Caldwell, UNC Health Chatham, UNC Health Alliance, UNC Hospitals (UNC Medical Center, UNC WakeBrook, UNC Hillsborough, and UNC Faculty Physicians), UNC Health Johnston, UNC Physicians Network, UNC Health Rex, UNC Rex Holly Springs, UNC Health Rockingham, and Shared Services.**
Current teammates, looking to refer someone? Check out our Teammate Referral Program to earn extra cash!
Current teammates, please ensure that you submit your candidate in our system, before they apply. For teammate referral guidelines and eligibility, click here.
Current UNC Health teammates also now have access to our myCareer - Career Development Resources, which provide tools and guidance to employees to create a career plan.
Job ID: 69897
Location: Chapel Hill, NC
Facility/Division: Support Operations
Status: Per Diem
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 40,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
Come and learn about the future of healthcare! This unique care model provides acute inpatient care within the privacy and comfort of the patient’s home. We combine in-person vendor visits with 24/7 virtual care RN’s to monitor and care for these patients until they are ready for discharge. You will learn how to virtually coordinate and care for patients while developing a closer understanding of who they are as a person. This is a new and growing industry within healthcare and you can be part of creating an exciting career path for nursing. Command Center RN’s provide 24/7 virtual care, working together with a team of nurses, Hospitalists and service coordinators in a centralized environment. Applicants are encouraged to ask for shadowing opportunities to learn more!
The Command Center RN is responsible for providing high-quality patient care to various patient populations within the framework of the Advanced Care at Home model
Utilizing monitoring, assessment, planning, intervention and critical thinking skills to care for Advanced care patient populations in the home
Navigating patients and families across the continuum of the Advanced Care at Home phases of care
Monitoring and responding to biometric data per Advanced Care at Home protocols
Ensuring all interventions in the patient’s care plan are implemented efficiently with a patient centered approach
Conducting home and audio/visual patient care visits as directed by the care team and/or protocol
Leveraging the resources and expertise of the Advanced care at Home team and supplier partners to implement collaborative workflows, standards, policies, protocols, guidelines and documentation systems to support safe, reliable, high-quality, evidence-based care with clinical protocols as the foundation
Adhering to the clinical protocols and be willing to obtain the necessary training to provide care within the context of the providing evidence-based care
Promoting professional practice and a culture of safety; willingness to engage in process improvement efforts
Providing virtual protocol nurse-driven assessments, care coordination and interventions as appropriate informed by Advanced Care at Home protocols for diverse patient populations and their families.
Communication facilitator for virtual relations with home service provider, patients, and consulting providers.
Exhibiting sound clinical decision making and critical thinking skills
Maintain and practice in accordance with nursing guidelines per state and hospital regulations
Facilitating admissions to Advanced Care at Home utilizing Advanced Care at Home guidelines
Serving as a role model for professional nursing practice
Utilizing nursing knowledge to identify, prevent and/or solve complex advanced and/or recurring patient care problems
Participating and sharing expertise daily with the multidisciplinary team and serve as a resource to staff in area(s) of expertise
Supporting research efforts to advance knowledge and promote evidence-based practice
Performing other duties and responsibilities as assigned by the Nurse Manager of Command Center
● Bachelor's or Associate's Degree in Nursing.
● If employee is hired with an Associate's Degree in Nursing, the candidate will be required to do the following:
1) Submit a completed and signed BSN/BN/MSN Acknowledgement of Degree Requirement Form at time of hire
2) Enroll in an accredited BSN/BN/MSN program within four years of the employee’s first day of employment and once enrolled, submit a completed and signed BSN/BN/MSN Enrollment in Required Degree Program Form
3) Complete the BSN/BN/MSN accredited program within seven years of the employee’s first day of employment. Once the degree is obtained, submit a completed and signed BSN/BN/MSN Completion of Degree Requirement Form.
● Licensed to practice as a Registered Nurse in the State of North Carolina.
Professional Experience Requirements:
● Three (3) years RN experience
Knowledge/Skills/and Abilities Requirements:
● • Clinical knowledge
• Able to promote patient safety and a positive patient experience
• Flexible and comfortable with a changing and dynamic work environment and schedule across all shifts and days
• Team player who also works well independently
• Participates in ongoing learning and continuing education to care for a variety of patient populations
• Collaborate, advocate and mentor others with a professional, non-condescending manner
• Model collaborative, respectful team relationships with colleagues and customers; lead by example
● • Strong interpersonal, inter-professional communication and collaboration capabilities
• Ability to analyze, interpret and problem solve quickly with well-articulated action planning
• Strong verbal/written communication and conflict resolution skills
• Strong empathy to deliver compassionate, patient centered care
Competency requirements are determined based on the needs of the organization’s patient population, the types of procedures and care delivered, conditions or diseases treated, and the kinds of equipment used.
Competency assessments focuses on specific knowledge, technical skills, and abilities required to deliver safe, quality care, including:
• Communicates effectively in inter-professional teams including peers, nursing, ancillary professionals and supplier providers
• Has professional and respectful interactions with patients, caregivers, and members of the inter-professional team
• Clinical knowledge
• Supports the transitioning of patients effectively within and across health delivery systems
• Identifies forces that impact the cost of health care, and advocates for, and practices cost-effective care and leadership
Legal Employer: NCHEALTH
Entity: UNC Health Now
Organization Unit: Adv Care at Home - Command Ctr
Work Type: Per Diem
Standard Hours Per Week: 4.00
Work Schedule: Rotating
Location of Job: US:NC:Chapel Hill
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: No
This position is employed by NC Health (Rex Healthcare, Inc., d/b/a NC Health), a private, fully-owned subsidiary of UNC Heath Care System. This is not a State employed position.
Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
UNC Health makes reasonable accommodations for applicants' and employees' religious practices and beliefs, as well as applicants and employees with disabilities. All interested applicants are invited to apply for career opportunities. Please email [email protected] if you need a reasonable accommodation to search and/or to apply for a career opportunity.
The UNC Health System and the UNC School of Medicine are committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling our UNC Health vision of improving the health of all North Carolinians.
UNC Health is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, status as a protected veteran or political affiliation.
All interested applicants are invited to apply for career opportunities. Please refer to our Employment Application Accessibility page if you need a reasonable accommodation to search and/or to apply for a career opportunity.
To verify employment eligibility, UNC Health is committed to Form I-9 and the E-Verify process.
Learn further E-Verify details in E-Verify (English) or E-Verify (Spanish).
UNC Health supports your right to work. View the Right of Work Statement (English) or Right of Work Statement (Spanish).
View the KNOW YOUR RIGHTS (English) or the KNOW YOUR RIGHTS (Spanish)posters.
View the PAY TRANSPARENCY (English) or the PAY TRANSPARENCY (Spanish)Nondiscrimination provision posters.
View the Federal Workplace poster. View our EEO/AA Policy Statement.