Thank you for your continued interest in career opportunities with UNC Health! Please note the following:
**This referral program is applicable to teammates within UNC Health's core facilities and divisions. This includes UNC Health Caldwell, UNC Health Chatham, UNC Health Alliance, UNC Hospitals (UNC Medical Center, UNC WakeBrook, UNC Hillsborough, and UNC Faculty Physicians), UNC Health Johnston, UNC Physicians Network, UNC Health Rex, UNC Rex Holly Springs, UNC Health Rockingham, and Shared Services.**
Current teammates, looking to refer someone? Check out our Teammate Referral Program to earn extra cash!
Current teammates, please ensure that you submit your candidate in our system, before they apply. For teammate referral guidelines and eligibility, click here.
Current UNC Health teammates also now have access to our myCareer - Career Development Resources, which provide tools and guidance to employees to create a career plan.
Job ID: 70483
Location: Hendersonville, NC
Facility/Division: Pardee UNC Health Care
Status: Per Diem
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 40,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
The Medical Laboratory Scientist II (ASCP Certified) processes and analyzes specimens for testing in a laboratory setting, verifies results for accuracy, and maintains and calibrates equipment using standards
• Performs analysis by loading specimens onto a wide range of instruments covering a range of testing sections including blood bank, coagulation, hematology, chemistry, urinalysis, and microbiology. Reviews and records results of analysis into lab information system. Approves results and performs additional analysis as warranted.
• Maintains and calibrates instruments in accordance with quality control standards. Performs proficiency testing. Participates in root cause analysis for deviance from proficiency norms.
• Receives specimens, maintaining traceability and clear recordkeeping. Ensures proper specimen identification and labeling. Scans and sorts specimens for appropriate laboratory section routing.
• Troubleshoots instrumentation when parameters fall outside of tolerances, up to and including contact and facilitation of on- or offsite vendor assistance.
• Trains and orients new staff to section processes and expectations. Provides limited peer direction and supervises laboratory technicians in daily work.
• Ensures quality of specimen through visual examination to quality standards. Prepares specimens for analysis with appropriate equipment.
• Prepares reagents, controls, and other standards. Checks and maintains consumable levels for instrumentation.
• Promotes a safe, clean and secure hospital environment for all, including the application of standard precautions and principles of infection control. Maintains laboratory integrity through the application of standard precautions and proper chemical hygiene as per regulatory guidelines.
• Bachelor’s Degree required.
• Certified as a Medical Laboratory Scientist as issued by the American Society for Clinical Pathology (ASCP) Board of Certification.
• Two (2) years of experience working in a laboratory setting.
Legal Employer: Pardee - HCHC
Entity: Pardee UNC Health Care
Organization Unit: Laboratory
Work Type: Per Diem
Standard Hours Per Week: 10.00
Work Schedule: Variable
Location of Job: US:NC:Hendersonville
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: No
Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
UNC Health makes reasonable accommodations for applicants' and employees' religious practices and beliefs, as well as applicants and employees with disabilities. All interested applicants are invited to apply for career opportunities. Please email [email protected] if you need a reasonable accommodation to search and/or to apply for a career opportunity.
The UNC Health System and the UNC School of Medicine are committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling our UNC Health vision of improving the health of all North Carolinians.
UNC Health is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, status as a protected veteran or political affiliation.
All interested applicants are invited to apply for career opportunities. Please refer to our Employment Application Accessibility page if you need a reasonable accommodation to search and/or to apply for a career opportunity.
To verify employment eligibility, UNC Health is committed to Form I-9 and the E-Verify process.
Learn further E-Verify details in E-Verify (English) or E-Verify (Spanish).
UNC Health supports your right to work. View the Right of Work Statement (English) or Right of Work Statement (Spanish).
View the KNOW YOUR RIGHTS (English) or the KNOW YOUR RIGHTS (Spanish)posters.
View the PAY TRANSPARENCY (English) or the PAY TRANSPARENCY (Spanish)Nondiscrimination provision posters.
View the Federal Workplace poster. View our EEO/AA Policy Statement.