Thank you for your continued interest in career opportunities with UNC Health! Please note the following:
**This referral program is applicable to teammates within UNC Health's core facilities and divisions. This includes UNC Health Caldwell, UNC Health Chatham, UNC Health Alliance, UNC Hospitals (UNC Medical Center, UNC WakeBrook, UNC Hillsborough, and UNC Faculty Physicians), UNC Health Johnston, UNC Physicians Network, UNC Health Rex, UNC Rex Holly Springs, UNC Health Rockingham, and Shared Services.**
Current teammates, looking to refer someone? Check out our Teammate Referral Program to earn extra cash!
Current teammates, please ensure that you submit your candidate in our system, before they apply. For teammate referral guidelines and eligibility, click here.
Current UNC Health teammates also now have access to our myCareer - Career Development Resources, which provide tools and guidance to employees to create a career plan.
Job ID: 72607
Location: Hendersonville, NC
Facility/Division: Pardee UNC Health Care
Status: Per Diem
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 40,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
The Staff Chaplain provides spiritual care and support to team members, patients and their families in a 24/7 hospital environment.
· Provides routine and crisis spiritual care and support to team members, patients and their families in a 24/7 hospital environment.
· Collaborates with the interdisciplinary care team to serve the needs of the patient population. Consults with staff regarding specific patient needs and concerns.
· Documents clinical assessments and interventions in the electronic medical recordkeeping (EMR) system.
· Assists patients with spiritual care requests, including contact and coordination with their faith communities and community resources.
· Educates patients on advanced care planning. Facilitates completion of their advanced directives.
· Participates in scheduled on-call rotation, including nights and weekends.
· Minimum of two Clinical Pastoral Education (CPE) units as administered by the Association of Clinical Pastoral Education (ACPE).
· Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution.
· Master’s degree in Divinity (M.Div.), Theology, Spirituality, or other relevant field from an accredited seminary or university.
· Board Certified Chaplain status as administered by the Association of Professional Chaplains (APC) or equivalent certifying body.
Legal Employer: Pardee - HCHC
Entity: Pardee UNC Health Care
Organization Unit: Spiritual Care
Work Type: Per Diem
Standard Hours Per Week: 0.20
Work Schedule: Variable
Location of Job: PARDEEHOSP
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: No
The UNC Health System and the UNC School of Medicine are committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling our UNC Health vision of improving the health of all North Carolinians.
UNC Health is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, status as a protected veteran or political affiliation.
All interested applicants are invited to apply for career opportunities. Please refer to our Employment Application Accessibility page if you need a reasonable accommodation to search and/or to apply for a career opportunity.
To verify employment eligibility, UNC Health is committed to Form I-9 and the E-Verify process.
Learn further E-Verify details in E-Verify (English) or E-Verify (Spanish).
UNC Health supports your right to work. View the Right of Work Statement (English) or Right of Work Statement (Spanish).
View the KNOW YOUR RIGHTS (English) or the KNOW YOUR RIGHTS (Spanish)posters.
View the PAY TRANSPARENCY (English) or the PAY TRANSPARENCY (Spanish)Nondiscrimination provision posters.
View the Federal Workplace poster. View our EEO/AA Policy Statement.