Thank you for your continued interest in career opportunities with UNC Health! Please note the following:
**This referral program is applicable to teammates within UNC Health's core facilities and divisions. This includes UNC Health Caldwell, UNC Health Chatham, UNC Health Alliance, UNC Hospitals (UNC Medical Center, UNC WakeBrook, UNC Hillsborough, and UNC Faculty Physicians), UNC Health Johnston, UNC Physicians Network, UNC Health Rex, UNC Rex Holly Springs, UNC Health Rockingham, and Shared Services.**
Current teammates, looking to refer someone? Check out our Teammate Referral Program to earn extra cash!
Current teammates, please ensure that you submit your candidate in our system, before they apply. For teammate referral guidelines and eligibility, click here.
Current UNC Health teammates also now have access to our myCareer - Career Development Resources, which provide tools and guidance to employees to create a career plan.
Job ID: 50712
Location: Morrisville, NC
Facility/Division: Shared Services
Status: Full Time
Shift: Day Job
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 40,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
Plans, directs, and supervises the activities of the Information Technology function for the health system. Implements comprehensive long and short-term project planning and work schedules and establishes standards and systems requirements for the organization. Maintains the integrity and security of the information systems. Provides ongoing liaison with user groups to implement programs, determine needs, and resolve problem situations. Negotiates purchase and maintenance contracts on hardware or software.
The HealthCare System Manager – Pharmacy Team provides leadership and management in application-focused functions within the Shared Services of ISD, including oversight for design, analysis, and recommendations for the implementation and maintenance of clinical applications. The ideal candidate is a change agent who supports our One Great Team in all facets of the system life cycle, and in ongoing technical, cultural, and process change.
The Pharmacy Manager focuses on people through
The Pharmacy Manager focuses on Quality & Value by
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: 21 direct reports
FISCAL RESPONSIBILITIES: The ISD Clin Apps - Pharmacy Manager monitors expenditures against department budget, prepares necessary documentation for supervisor review/approval, develops budget proposals, and participates in department budget cycle and activities.
PORTFOLIO LIAISON RESPONSIBILITIES: Epic: 6 modules Non-Epic: 25 applications
1. Communication - Effectively communicates expectations and responsibilities to subordinates. Actively listens and addresses issues and concerns promptly. Establishes a shared vision with employees.
2. Compliance - Ensures compliance with health system and external accrediting agency guidelines and regulations. Develops, maintains, and ensures adherence to policies and procedures related to IT security/privacy.
3. Customer Focus - Creates exceptional customer relations and maintains those relationships through continuing improvement efforts. Exhibits courtesy, cooperation, and respect towards customers.
4. Leadership - Directs system-level operations, develops goals and objectives, and administers policies, procedures and processes as needed.
5. Strategic Planning & Financial Awareness - Aligns objectives with the organizational strategic plans. Develops operating budget and capital requests. Monitors financial performance and adjusts resources to maximize profitability while maintaining exceptional quality and service.
6. Technical Support Administration - Consults and provides technical support on technical aspects of contracts. Oversees project budgets once established and implements projects in accordance with established project plan.
● Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems Management or related field (or equivalent combination of education, training and experience).
● No licensure or certification required.
Professional Experience Requirements:
● If a Bachelor's degree: Three (3) years of relevant experience.
● If an Associate's degree: Seven (7) years of relevant experience.
● If a High School diploma or GED: Eleven (11) years of relevant experience.
Knowledge/Skills/and Abilities Requirements:
Legal Employer: NCHEALTH
Entity: Shared Services
Organization Unit: ISD Clinical Systems
Work Type: Full Time
Standard Hours Per Week: 40.00
Work Schedule: Day Job
Location of Job: US:NC:Morrisville
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: Yes
Salary Range: $57.48 - $71.85 per hour (minimum to midpoint). Pay offers are determined by experience and internal equity.
This position is employed by NC Health (Rex Healthcare, Inc., d/b/a NC Health), a private, fully-owned subsidiary of UNC Health Care System, in a department that provides shared services to operations across UNC Health Care; except that, if you are currently a UNCHCS State employee already working in a designated shared services department, you may remain a UNCHCS State employee if selected for this job.
Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
UNC Health makes reasonable accommodations for applicants' and employees' religious practices and beliefs, as well as applicants and employees with disabilities. All interested applicants are invited to apply for career opportunities. Please email [email protected] if you need a reasonable accommodation to search and/or to apply for a career opportunity.
The UNC Health System and the UNC School of Medicine are committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling our UNC Health vision of improving the health of all North Carolinians.
UNC Health is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, status as a protected veteran or political affiliation.
All interested applicants are invited to apply for career opportunities. Please refer to our Employment Application Accessibility page if you need a reasonable accommodation to search and/or to apply for a career opportunity.
To verify employment eligibility, UNC Health is committed to Form I-9 and the E-Verify process.
Learn further E-Verify details in E-Verify (English) or E-Verify (Spanish).
UNC Health supports your right to work. View the Right of Work Statement (English) or Right of Work Statement (Spanish).
View the KNOW YOUR RIGHTS (English) or the KNOW YOUR RIGHTS (Spanish)posters.
View the PAY TRANSPARENCY (English) or the PAY TRANSPARENCY (Spanish)Nondiscrimination provision posters.
View the Federal Workplace poster. View our EEO/AA Policy Statement.