Thank you for your continued interest in career opportunities with UNC Health! Please note the following:
**This referral program is applicable to teammates within UNC Health's core facilities and divisions. This includes UNC Health Caldwell, UNC Health Chatham, UNC Health Alliance, UNC Hospitals (UNC Medical Center, UNC WakeBrook, UNC Hillsborough, and UNC Faculty Physicians), UNC Health Johnston, UNC Physicians Network, UNC Health Rex, UNC Rex Holly Springs, UNC Health Rockingham, and Shared Services.**
Current teammates, looking to refer someone? Check out our Teammate Referral Program to earn extra cash!
Current teammates, please ensure that you submit your candidate in our system, before they apply. For teammate referral guidelines and eligibility, click here.
Current UNC Health teammates also now have access to our myCareer - Career Development Resources, which provide tools and guidance to employees to create a career plan.
Job ID: 72584
Location: Goldsboro, NC
Facility/Division: Wayne UNC Health Care
Status: Per Diem
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 40,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
The Diagnostic Technologist performs a variety of technical procedures for the application of prescribed ionizing radiation for radiological diagnosis.
1. Demonstrates knowledge and ability to perform all diagnostic procedures.
2. Confirms that the correct patient ID, marker, exam tag, and annotation are correct on all radiographs.
3. Ensures orders and charges are correct.
4. Ensures correct documentation in all systems.
5. Ensures pertinent forms are complete for procedures.
6. Provides educational information to the patient regarding their examination or procedure.
7. Positions patient for specified diagnostic exams according to department protocols and procedures.
8. Administers prescribed medications and contrast media. Demonstrates knowledge of IV therapy techniques and maintenance.
9. Maintains, cleans, and restocks assigned room and notifies supervisor of unavailable supplies.
10. Works at such a pace and demonstrates organizational skills as to ensure no backlogs of work or undue delays in patient flow.
11. Operates equipment and technology safely and properly. Reports problems or malfunctions to supervisor.
12. Demonstrates a willingness to assist where ever needed. Has an understanding that shifts may have to be altered due to workload or staffing at supervisor’s discretion.
13. Assists Diagnostic Supervisor with instruction of new teammates.
14. Assists the clinical instructor with instruction of student technologists.
15. May be requested to function as In-Charge Technologist in the absence of the Diagnostic Supervisor and Senior Technologist in assigning, delegating, or instructing other technologists and/or students.
16. Is flexible and available to take call as required to ensure coverage for the area.
17. Completes continuing education and in-service programs to meet regulatory and job requirements.
18. Actively participates in staff meetings and on committees as requested.
19. Participates in performance improvement activities.
20. Presents and promotes a professional demeanor at all times, establishes high standards of customer service, supports responsibility, pride, and teamwork, remains calm under pressure, and offers reasonable solutions for problems.
21. Demonstrates appropriate interaction with and provides recommended care and services to all patients. Exhibits knowledge and basic understanding regarding the needs of neonatal, adolescent, pediatric, adult and geriatric patients, and the cultural needs of all patients.
22. Applies knowledge of principles of standard precautions. Routinely uses PPE to avoid risk of exposure to self and others.
Completion of two years of formal Radiologic Technology training in a school approved by the Council of Education of the American Medical Association.
Registration by the ARRT (American Registry of Radiologic Technologists) required or registry eligible. Registration by the ARRT within six months of employment is required.
BLS certification required.
One-year experience as a Registered Diagnostic Technologist preferred.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• Knowledge of Radiology procedures, supplies, and equipment for production and processing of radiographs.
• Knowledge of human anatomy and technical factors for obtaining radiographs with minimal retakes.
• Ability to understand and maintain the workflow involving all computer systems in Imaging to include the EPIC and PACS systems.
• Ability to work independently and with limited supervision.
• Good customer service and interpersonal skills.
• Ability to work at such a pace and demonstrate organizational skills as to ensure no backlogs of work or undue delays in patient flow.
• Ability to read, write and communicate effectively in English.
• Proficient with MS Office and EPIC, and able to learn new software rapidly.
Valid NC Driver’s License: No
If driving a Wayne UNC Vehicle, must be 21 years old and MVR must be approved by Risk Management.
Legal Employer: Wayne Health
Entity: Wayne UNC Health Care
Organization Unit: Rad.-Diagnostic
Work Type: Per Diem
Standard Hours Per Week: 4.00
Work Schedule: Rotating
Location of Job: WAYNE MED
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: No
The UNC Health System and the UNC School of Medicine are committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling our UNC Health vision of improving the health of all North Carolinians.
UNC Health is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, status as a protected veteran or political affiliation.
All interested applicants are invited to apply for career opportunities. Please refer to our Employment Application Accessibility page if you need a reasonable accommodation to search and/or to apply for a career opportunity.
To verify employment eligibility, UNC Health is committed to Form I-9 and the E-Verify process.
Learn further E-Verify details in E-Verify (English) or E-Verify (Spanish).
UNC Health supports your right to work. View the Right of Work Statement (English) or Right of Work Statement (Spanish).
View the KNOW YOUR RIGHTS (English) or the KNOW YOUR RIGHTS (Spanish)posters.
View the PAY TRANSPARENCY (English) or the PAY TRANSPARENCY (Spanish)Nondiscrimination provision posters.
View the Federal Workplace poster. View our EEO/AA Policy Statement.