Thank you for your continued interest in career opportunities with UNC Health! Please note the following:
**This referral program is applicable to teammates within UNC Health's core facilities and divisions. This includes UNC Health Caldwell, UNC Health Chatham, UNC Health Alliance, UNC Hospitals (UNC Medical Center, UNC WakeBrook, UNC Hillsborough, and UNC Faculty Physicians), UNC Health Johnston, UNC Physicians Network, UNC Health Rex, UNC Rex Holly Springs, UNC Health Rockingham, and Shared Services.**
Current teammates, looking to refer someone? Check out our Teammate Referral Program to earn extra cash!
Current teammates, please ensure that you submit your candidate in our system, before they apply. For teammate referral guidelines and eligibility, click here.
Current UNC Health teammates also now have access to our myCareer - Career Development Resources, which provide tools and guidance to employees to create a career plan.
Job ID: 71869
Location: Granite Falls, NC
Facility/Division: Caldwell Memorial Hospital
Status: Full Time
Shift: Day Job
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 40,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
Prepares all patient charts for scanning. Scans each record into the scanner and verifies that the scanned information is accurate, legible, and turned to a readable position. Assist with retrieval of information as needed. This position works with other members of the Physician Practice care team to coordinate care to meet patient's needs.
1. Responsible for maintenance of individual computer terminal, keyboard, and scanning unit. Shares this responsibility for maintenance with the IS Dept.
2. Responsible for attention to the proper use and care of the scanning equipment and computer.
3. Responsible for all general safety guidelines at the CPN Practice.
4. Routinely works with medical information of extremely confidential nature. Ensures patient confidentiality by following Hospital and Departmental guidelines regarding confidential information. Understands that wrongful disclosure can result in termination of employment and/or liability.
5. Sorts correspondence by date, type and provider. Makes sure all staples are removed.
6. Prepares and scans all records, with attention to both speed and accuracy into computer making sure that the information is accurate, legible, and turned to a readable position.
7. Competently prioritizes information preparation and scanning procedures. Recognizes urgency of scanning material in a timely manner.
8. Verifies patient identification and ensures that the information is accurately scanned into the computer patient’s chart by use of name and DOB.
9. Validates all scanned information and corrects and errors. Verifies daily that material being scanned is properly indexed and retrievable.
10. Maintains constant attention to computer screen to ensure accuracy of scanning. 95% accuracy rate for scanning duties expected. Maintains batch files of original documents in a neat, organized manner. Assists with retrieval of scanned information. Maintains personal workspace by keeping area organized in an orderly manner so that other employees that may be required from time to time to fill in can competently find all pertinent information and supplies. Cross trains on other duties within the CPN front office to facilitate continuance of work when needed. Retrieves and prints documents in the EMR for specific requests? making sure they are mailed or faxed to the correct person.
● High School diploma or GED.
● No licensure or certification required.
Professional Experience Requirements:
● One (1) year of progressive experience in related field.
Knowledge/Skills/and Abilities Requirements:
● Understands and applies principles, procedures, requirements, regulations, and policies related to specialized expertise.
Legal Employer: NCHEALTH
Entity: Caldwell Memorial Hospital
Organization Unit: Rivercrest Medical Park
Work Type: Full Time
Standard Hours Per Week: 40.00
Work Schedule: Day Job
Location of Job: US:NC:Granite Falls
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: No
This position is employed by NC Health (Rex Healthcare, Inc., d/b/a NC Health), a private, fully-owned subsidiary of UNC Heath Care System. This is not a State employed position.
Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
UNC Health makes reasonable accommodations for applicants' and employees' religious practices and beliefs, as well as applicants and employees with disabilities. All interested applicants are invited to apply for career opportunities. Please email [email protected] if you need a reasonable accommodation to search and/or to apply for a career opportunity.
The UNC Health System and the UNC School of Medicine are committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling our UNC Health vision of improving the health of all North Carolinians.
UNC Health is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, status as a protected veteran or political affiliation.
All interested applicants are invited to apply for career opportunities. Please refer to our Employment Application Accessibility page if you need a reasonable accommodation to search and/or to apply for a career opportunity.
To verify employment eligibility, UNC Health is committed to Form I-9 and the E-Verify process.
Learn further E-Verify details in E-Verify (English) or E-Verify (Spanish).
UNC Health supports your right to work. View the Right of Work Statement (English) or Right of Work Statement (Spanish).
View the KNOW YOUR RIGHTS (English) or the KNOW YOUR RIGHTS (Spanish)posters.
View the PAY TRANSPARENCY (English) or the PAY TRANSPARENCY (Spanish)Nondiscrimination provision posters.
View the Federal Workplace poster. View our EEO/AA Policy Statement.