Thank you for your continued interest in career opportunities with UNC Health! Please note the following:
**This referral program is applicable to teammates within UNC Health's core facilities and divisions. This includes UNC Health Caldwell, UNC Health Chatham, UNC Health Alliance, UNC Hospitals (UNC Medical Center, UNC Hillsborough, and UNC Faculty Physicians), UNC Health Johnston, UNC Physicians Network, UNC Health Rex, UNC Rex Holly Springs, UNC Health Rockingham, and Shared Services.**
Current teammates, looking to refer someone? Check out our Teammate Referral Program to earn extra cash!
Current teammates, please ensure that you submit your candidate in our system, before they apply. For teammate referral guidelines and eligibility, click here.
This job posting is no longer active.
Job ID: 72698
Location: Chapel Hill, NC
Facility/Division: UNC Medical Center
Status: Part Time
Shift: Evening Job
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 40,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
This position works to ensure that patients receive accurate, efficient and satisfactory delivery of adequate nutrition. Will be a direct liaison to appropriate department areas in regards to patient satisfaction. This position also assists higher-level personnel in preparing and maintaining a clean work area Work is reviewed for adherence to sanitary standards and completion of assignments.
1. Assists with food preparation in any of the following areas bake shop, salad unit, vegetable prep, cook's unit, bulk and between meal nourishments. Assists with tray preparation during meal service hours.
2. Carries items from storeroom to kitchen and transfers food to appropriate areas.
3. Communicates with patients regarding their diets as requested by a Dietetic Technician or Clinical Dietitian. Takes patients? food preferences or records calorie count information.
4. Delivers and picks up menus for patients receiving modified and regular diets. Assists patients in completing their individual menus.
5. Delivers food trays and nourishments to patients. Records snack information in computerized system. Assists with early and late food tray deliveries in a timely manner. Assists with dirty food tray removal from nursing units.
6. Enters menu, snack, room and related information into computerized system updates production tallies. Prints meal tickets.
7. Maintains compliance with JCAHO, State Health Department, and OSHA regarding on-going required job training and health standards. Uses proper protocol to prevent contamination.
8. Performs quality assurance activities such as monitoring Satisfaction Surveys.
● High School diploma or GED or the ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence and memos, and the ability to write simple correspondence
● No licensure or certification required.
Professional Experience Requirements:
● One (1) year of experience with food service or customer service experience OR hospital clinical dietetics
● If Bachelor's degree, no experience is required.
● If Associate's degree, six (6) months of experience with food service or customer service experience OR hospital clinical dietetics
Knowledge/Skills/and Abilities Requirements:
Legal Employer: STATE
Entity: UNC Medical Center
Organization Unit: NFS Patient Services
Work Type: Part Time
Standard Hours Per Week: 20.00
Work Schedule: Evening Job
Location of Job: US:NC:Chapel Hill
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: No
This is a State position employed by UNC Health Care System.
Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
UNC Health makes reasonable accommodations for applicants' and employees' religious practices and beliefs, as well as applicants and employees with disabilities. All interested applicants are invited to apply for career opportunities. Please email [email protected] if you need a reasonable accommodation to search and/or to apply for a career opportunity.
The UNC Health System and the UNC School of Medicine are committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling our UNC Health vision of improving the health of all North Carolinians.
UNC Health is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, status as a protected veteran or political affiliation.
All interested applicants are invited to apply for career opportunities. Please refer to our Employment Application Accessibility page if you need a reasonable accommodation to search and/or to apply for a career opportunity.
To verify employment eligibility, UNC Health is committed to Form I-9 and the E-Verify process.