Thank you for your continued interest in career opportunities with UNC Health! Please note the following:
**This referral program is applicable to teammates within UNC Health's core facilities and divisions. This includes UNC Health Caldwell, UNC Health Chatham, UNC Health Alliance, UNC Hospitals (UNC Medical Center, UNC WakeBrook, UNC Hillsborough, and UNC Faculty Physicians), UNC Health Johnston, UNC Physicians Network, UNC Health Rex, UNC Rex Holly Springs, UNC Health Rockingham, and Shared Services.**
Current teammates, looking to refer someone? Check out our Teammate Referral Program to earn extra cash!
Current teammates, please ensure that you submit your candidate in our system, before they apply. For teammate referral guidelines and eligibility, click here.
Current UNC Health teammates also now have access to our myCareer - Career Development Resources, which provide tools and guidance to employees to create a career plan.
This job posting is no longer active.
Job ID: 72709
Location: Hendersonville, NC
Facility/Division: Pardee UNC Health Care
Status: Full Time
Shift: Evening Job
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 40,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
Reporting and accountable to the Nurse Manager/Director, the Clinical Nurse is responsible for coordinating and delivering patient care utilizing the nursing process in a hospital setting.
• Administers patient care under the direction of a physician. Identifies and pursues expected patient outcomes in collaboration with the interdisciplinary care team.
• Provides competent clinical nursing care consistent with healthcare organization and nursing standards, policies and procedures.
• Organizes and prioritizes care according to patient/family needs. Consults with appropriate resources in a timely fashion regarding patients with complex care issues, unusual teaching needs and/or those at high risk for discharge planning.
• Collaborates with peers in a clinical operations environment, including fostering intra/interdepartmental communication.
• Synthesizes data from complex situations to determine priorities for care, including appropriate physical, psychosocial, education and safety needs. Assesses and anticipates discharge needs of individual patients and families.
• Communicates with patient/family to prepare or update the plan of care using cultural competency and active listening. Develops relationships with patients and their families that promote their ability to advocate for patient and family needs.
• Develops clinical and operational excellence in self and in peers through education and training.
• Promotes a safe, clean and secure hospital environment for all, including the application of standard precautions and principles of infection control.
Entry-level nurses, new grads, and soon-to-graduate nursing students are encouraged to apply.
Some units may require Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) certification prior to performing clinical care. Training and certification opportunities will be provided.
• Must be licensed to practice as a Registered Nurse in the state of North Carolina or one of compact states by the first day of clinical care.
• Basic Life Support (BLS) certification.
Legal Employer: Pardee - HCHC
Entity: Pardee UNC Health Care
Organization Unit: E R
Work Type: Full Time
Standard Hours Per Week: 40.00
Work Schedule: Evening Job
Location of Job: US:NC:Hendersonville
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: No
Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
UNC Health makes reasonable accommodations for applicants' and employees' religious practices and beliefs, as well as applicants and employees with disabilities. All interested applicants are invited to apply for career opportunities. Please email [email protected] if you need a reasonable accommodation to search and/or to apply for a career opportunity.
The UNC Health System and the UNC School of Medicine are committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling our UNC Health vision of improving the health of all North Carolinians.
UNC Health is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, status as a protected veteran or political affiliation.
All interested applicants are invited to apply for career opportunities. Please refer to our Employment Application Accessibility page if you need a reasonable accommodation to search and/or to apply for a career opportunity.
To verify employment eligibility, UNC Health is committed to Form I-9 and the E-Verify process.
Learn further E-Verify details in E-Verify (English) or E-Verify (Spanish).
UNC Health supports your right to work. View the Right of Work Statement (English) or Right of Work Statement (Spanish).
View the KNOW YOUR RIGHTS (English) or the KNOW YOUR RIGHTS (Spanish)posters.
View the PAY TRANSPARENCY (English) or the PAY TRANSPARENCY (Spanish)Nondiscrimination provision posters.
View the Federal Workplace poster. View our EEO/AA Policy Statement.