Thank you for your continued interest in career opportunities with UNC Health! Please note the following:
**This referral program is applicable to teammates within UNC Health's core facilities and divisions. This includes UNC Health Caldwell, UNC Health Chatham, UNC Health Alliance, UNC Hospitals (UNC Medical Center, UNC WakeBrook, UNC Hillsborough, and UNC Faculty Physicians), UNC Health Johnston, UNC Physicians Network, UNC Health Rex, UNC Rex Holly Springs, UNC Health Rockingham, and Shared Services.**
Current teammates, looking to refer someone? Check out our Teammate Referral Program to earn extra cash!
Current teammates, please ensure that you submit your candidate in our system, before they apply. For teammate referral guidelines and eligibility, click here.
Current UNC Health teammates also now have access to our myCareer - Career Development Resources, which provide tools and guidance to employees to create a career plan.
Job ID: 67236
Location: Chapel Hill, NC
Facility/Division: UNC Faculty Physicians
Status: Full Time
Shift: Day Job
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 40,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
The Assoicate COO, Ambulatory, UNC Medical Center leads the overall operations of all UNC Hospitals and UNC Faculty Physicians clinic based services across 65 physical locations supporting 154 clinics and over 1.2 million annual visits.
The Associate COO, Ambulatory will dually report to both the COO, UNC Faculty Physicians and the COO, UNC Hospitals and will ensure the successful execution of the overall Medical Center ambulatory services strategy. The leader will develop market leading, patient-responsive services that support organizational quality, outcomes, and growth metrics. This position will oversee a combined gross revenue budget of $1.5B and lead a workforce of over 1,600 FTEs.
The Executive will ensure a seamless patient experience between Faculty Physician Clinics, Hospital Clinics, and Hospital Acute Care services. This leader will develop and implement initiatives that enhance and optimize services as well as monitor those initiatives to improve the quality of services and further augment / streamline current procedures/processes.
1. Responsible for adhering to applicable laws and regulations and organizational policies. Ensure that funds are allocated properly to support present needs and future potential. Work closely with the Senior Leadership to, develop short and long term financial plans, ensure that sound financial controls and oversight are in place, set financial priorities to ensure the organization is operating in a manner that effectively supports the needs of core programs and staff. Oversee the day to day operations of the organization and ensure ongoing plans, goals and objectives are in alignment with the strategic plan and the budget. Ensure the delivery of high quality services while managing for current and future growth. Ensure that organizational metrics are defined and embraced by staff in order to meet funding and contractual requirements and implement processes that systematically measure organizational performance. Using business metrics and performance measures, oversee process improvements and promote a culture of continuous quality improvement. Increase efficiencies and consistency throughout the organization by ensuring standardized approaches to services and marketing. Oversee facilities and space to accommodate a growing staff as the organization grows. Create and promote a positive, multicultural work environment that supports the organization's strategy, operations, and data collection needs. Facilitate collaboration across programs and strengthen internal communications with staff at all levels of the organization. Support and motivate the organization's staff.
2. Leading Change - Acts as a catalyst for organizational change. Influences others to translate vision into action. Brings about strategic change, both within and outside the organization, to meet organizational goals. Establishes an organizational vision and implements it in a continuously changing environment. Is open to change and new information and rapidly adapts to new information, changing conditions, or unexpected obstacles. Deals effectively with pressure and remains optimistic and persistent, even under adversity. Recovers quickly from setbacks. Formulates objectives and priorities, and implements plans consistent with the long-term interests of the organization. Capitalizes on opportunities and manages risks. Takes a long-term view and builds a shared vision with others.
3. Leading People - Leads people toward meeting the organization's vision, mission, and goals. Provides an inclusive workplace that fosters the development of others, facilitates cooperation and teamwork, and supports constructive resolution of conflicts. Encourages workforce engagement by building a commitment to excellence and by promoting the organization's vision internally and externally. Delegates’ responsibility clarifies expectations and holds others accountable for achieving results related to their area of responsibility. Leads in a deliberate and predictable way and operates with transparency. Treats sensitive or confidential information appropriately. Develops the ability of others to perform and contribute to the organization by providing ongoing feedback and by providing opportunities to learn through formal and informal methods. Manages and resolves conflicts and disagreements in a constructive manner.
4. Results Driven - Exceeds organizational goals and customer expectations. Makes decisions that produce high-quality results by applying technical knowledge, analyzing problems, and calculating risks. Holds self and others accountable for measurable high-quality, timely, and cost-effective results. Delivers high-quality services and is committed to continuous improvement. Fosters a culture of safe and compassionate patient care. Makes well-informed, timely decisions, even when data are limited or solutions produce unfavorable results. Positions the organization for success by identifying new opportunities and builds the organization by developing and improving services. Leads the budgeting process. Uses cost-benefit thinking to set priorities, monitors expenditures in support of programs and policies, and identifies cost-effective approaches.
● Master's Degree in Business Administration, Health Administration, Public Administration or related field.
Professional Experience Requirements:
● Twelve (12) years of progressively responsible experience, including ten (10) years of management experience. Experience with Academic Medical Centers preferred. Experience with ambulatory services within a multi-entity health system strongly preferred.
Knowledge/Skills/and Abilities Requirements:
Legal Employer: STATE
Entity: UNC Faculty Physicians
Organization Unit: UNCFP Operations
Work Type: Full Time
Standard Hours Per Week: 40.00
Work Schedule: Day Job
Location of Job: US:NC:Chapel Hill
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: Yes
This is a State position employed by UNC Health Care System.
Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
UNC Health makes reasonable accommodations for applicants' and employees' religious practices and beliefs, as well as applicants and employees with disabilities. All interested applicants are invited to apply for career opportunities. Please email [email protected] if you need a reasonable accommodation to search and/or to apply for a career opportunity.
The UNC Health System and the UNC School of Medicine are committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling our UNC Health vision of improving the health of all North Carolinians.
UNC Health is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, status as a protected veteran or political affiliation.
All interested applicants are invited to apply for career opportunities. Please refer to our Employment Application Accessibility page if you need a reasonable accommodation to search and/or to apply for a career opportunity.
To verify employment eligibility, UNC Health is committed to Form I-9 and the E-Verify process.
Learn further E-Verify details in E-Verify (English) or E-Verify (Spanish).
UNC Health supports your right to work. View the Right of Work Statement (English) or Right of Work Statement (Spanish).
View the KNOW YOUR RIGHTS (English) or the KNOW YOUR RIGHTS (Spanish)posters.
View the PAY TRANSPARENCY (English) or the PAY TRANSPARENCY (Spanish)Nondiscrimination provision posters.
View the Federal Workplace poster. View our EEO/AA Policy Statement.