Thank you for your continued interest in career opportunities with UNC Health! Please note the following:
**This referral program is applicable to teammates within UNC Health's core facilities and divisions. This includes UNC Health Caldwell, UNC Health Chatham, UNC Health Alliance, UNC Hospitals (UNC Medical Center, UNC WakeBrook, UNC Hillsborough, and UNC Faculty Physicians), UNC Health Johnston, UNC Physicians Network, UNC Health Rex, UNC Rex Holly Springs, UNC Health Rockingham, and Shared Services.**
Current teammates, looking to refer someone? Check out our Teammate Referral Program to earn extra cash!
Current teammates, please ensure that you submit your candidate in our system, before they apply. For teammate referral guidelines and eligibility, click here.
Current UNC Health teammates also now have access to our myCareer - Career Development Resources, which provide tools and guidance to employees to create a career plan.
Job ID: 70807
Location: Goldsboro, NC
Facility/Division: Wayne UNC Health Care
Status: Full Time
Shift: Day Job
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 40,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
A Clinical Educator at Wayne UNC Health Care is a member of the patient care team who, with knowledge of the nursing process, provides leadership in applying scientific principles and professional skills aimed at caring for the ill, preventing disease and maintaining optimal health. As a direct care giver, this nurse provides direct patient care. As an Educator, he/she possesses knowledge and skill in an area of emphasis that he/she imparts through teaching and the learning process. She/he serves as an extension of the Nurse Director in providing educational support for teammates, patients and their families, providers and ancillary teammates. This individual takes an active role in assessing and ensuring unit standards are met.
1. Serves as a clinical resource to nursing staff with a goal of defining and maintaining standards of care and clinical competency.
2. Facilitates a learning environment that supports all levels of nursing and promotes evidence-based practice.
3. Identifies, develops, presents, updates and evaluates educational programs to meet the learning needs of teammates, patients and their families, and providers.
4. Evaluates, develops, and coordinates all aspects of unit orientation, ongoing education and competency evaluation in collaboration with nursing leadership.
5. Ensures that education programs are executed according to established processes, guidelines and standards of accrediting agencies.
6. Recommends, develops and/or revises written policies, procedures and standards of care governing comprehensive patient care.
7. Directs and delivers quality patient care using critical thinking skills and the nursing process.
8. Functions as a member of the patient care team who provides direct patient care as assigned.
9. Is available and flexible to work varied schedules and assignments as needed to ensure coverage for the area.
10. Keeps credentials and/or certifications up to date and maintains a current clinical knowledge base to function as a resource person for teammates, patients and their families, ancillary teammates, physicians and other nursing units.
11. Understands, communicates and complies with rules, regulations and accreditation standards impacting nursing practice in North Carolina.
12. Documents competencies and maintains required records for administrative purposes.
13. Keeps appropriate nursing leadership updated regarding any issues, concerns or problems.
14. Actively leads or participates in staff meetings and on committees.
15. Leads and/or participates in performance improvement activities.
16. Remains calm and works effectively in stressful situations, such as death and dying, census fluctuations, adverse weather, etc. Responds appropriately in emergency situations.
17. Presents and promotes a professional demeanor at all times, establishes high standards of customer service, supports responsibility, pride, and teamwork, and offers reasonable solutions for problems.
18. Demonstrates appropriate interaction with, and provides recommended care and services to all patients.
19. Ensures the delivery of age appropriate, culturally sensitive and ethical care for patients.
20. Applies knowledge of principles of standard precautions. Routinely uses PPE to avoid risk of exposure to self and others.
21. For the Clinical Educator in the Emergency Department only: Serves as a liaison to EMS. Coordinates activities with EMS such as communication, process improvement, and case reviews, etc. TNCC certification required.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• Considerable knowledge of the procedures, materials and equipment that apply to the nursing process.
• Knowledge of rules, regulations and accreditation standards impacting nursing practice in North Carolina.
• Ability to perform independently with his/her scope of practice.
• Strong clinical reasoning, critical thinking, time management, and organizational skills.
• Excellent problem solving, customer service and interpersonal skills.
• Excellent communication and presentation skills, both written and spoken, in English.
• Proficient with EMR, with the ability to learn new software rapidly.
• Ability to stand, walk and meet the physical requirements of the role for the duration of shift.
Legal Employer: Wayne Health
Entity: Wayne UNC Health Care
Organization Unit: Operating Room
Work Type: Full Time
Standard Hours Per Week: 40.00
Work Schedule: Day Job
Location of Job: WAYNE MED
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: No
The UNC Health System and the UNC School of Medicine are committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling our UNC Health vision of improving the health of all North Carolinians.
UNC Health is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, status as a protected veteran or political affiliation.
All interested applicants are invited to apply for career opportunities. Please refer to our Employment Application Accessibility page if you need a reasonable accommodation to search and/or to apply for a career opportunity.
To verify employment eligibility, UNC Health is committed to Form I-9 and the E-Verify process.
Learn further E-Verify details in E-Verify (English) or E-Verify (Spanish).
UNC Health supports your right to work. View the Right of Work Statement (English) or Right of Work Statement (Spanish).
View the KNOW YOUR RIGHTS (English) or the KNOW YOUR RIGHTS (Spanish)posters.
View the PAY TRANSPARENCY (English) or the PAY TRANSPARENCY (Spanish)Nondiscrimination provision posters.
View the Federal Workplace poster. View our EEO/AA Policy Statement.