Thank you for your continued interest in career opportunities with UNC Health! Please note the following:
**This referral program is applicable to teammates within UNC Health's core facilities and divisions. This includes UNC Health Caldwell, UNC Health Chatham, UNC Health Alliance, UNC Hospitals (UNC Medical Center, UNC WakeBrook, UNC Hillsborough, and UNC Faculty Physicians), UNC Health Johnston, UNC Physicians Network, UNC Health Rex, UNC Rex Holly Springs, UNC Health Rockingham, and Shared Services.**
Current teammates, looking to refer someone? Check out our Teammate Referral Program to earn extra cash!
Current teammates, please ensure that you submit your candidate in our system, before they apply. For teammate referral guidelines and eligibility, click here.
Current UNC Health teammates also now have access to our myCareer - Career Development Resources, which provide tools and guidance to employees to create a career plan.
Job ID: 70610
Location: Chapel Hill, NC
Facility/Division: UNC Medical Center Hillsborough
Status: Full Time
Shift: Day Job
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 40,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
This position provides patient care and technical services to adult and pediatric dialysis patients under the supervision of a Registered Nurse or Nephrology Attending Physician.
1. Assembles and prepares all necessary supplies and equipment for dialysis treatment. Cleans and disinfects equipment after completion of treatment. Performs weekly and monthly disinfection of portable ROs; reporting equipment malfunctions. Assist with machine set-up and breakdown during turnover between shifts.
2. Checks main RO water every 4 hours and completes checklist.
3. Obtains patients’ post dialysis vital signs and weights.
4. Maintains inventory of supplies, ordering when necessary. Keeps closets and storage areas neat and orderly. Receives shipments of supplies from outside vendors. Maintains sharp containers and ensure they are disposed of in a timely manner.
5. Monitors patient condition during dialysis treatment to include obtaining and recording vital signs and machine parameters. Monitors and adjusts blood flow rates and transmembrane pressures. Participates in responding to dialysis complications. Troubleshoots machine alarms to assist RN in Main Unit and ICU.
6. Participates in patient care plan conferences and patient/family education.
7. Prepares patient for dialysis treatment to include obtaining vital signs. Inspects access site and reports to nursing staff. Cannulates blood vessels for dialysis access (only with documented competency). Routes lab samples for RN ensuing correct labeling. Picks up blood from blood bank.
● High School diploma or GED
● Certified Hemodialysis Practitioner by Bonent or Certified Clinical Hemodialysis Technician by the Nephrology Nursing Certification Commission.
● Basic Life Support (BLS) for Healthcare Provider certification
Professional Experience Requirements:
● Two (2) years of hospital related experience (patient care, equipment, or laboratory), with one (1) year of hemodialysis experience or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
Knowledge/Skills/and Abilities Requirements:
Legal Employer: STATE
Entity: UNC Medical Center Hillsborough
Organization Unit: Dialysis - In House
Work Type: Full Time
Standard Hours Per Week: 36.00
Work Schedule: Day Job
Location of Job: US:NC:Chapel Hill
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: No
This is a State position employed by UNC Health Care System.
Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
UNC Health makes reasonable accommodations for applicants' and employees' religious practices and beliefs, as well as applicants and employees with disabilities. All interested applicants are invited to apply for career opportunities. Please email [email protected] if you need a reasonable accommodation to search and/or to apply for a career opportunity.
The UNC Health System and the UNC School of Medicine are committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling our UNC Health vision of improving the health of all North Carolinians.
UNC Health is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, status as a protected veteran or political affiliation.
All interested applicants are invited to apply for career opportunities. Please refer to our Employment Application Accessibility page if you need a reasonable accommodation to search and/or to apply for a career opportunity.
To verify employment eligibility, UNC Health is committed to Form I-9 and the E-Verify process.
Learn further E-Verify details in E-Verify (English) or E-Verify (Spanish).
UNC Health supports your right to work. View the Right of Work Statement (English) or Right of Work Statement (Spanish).
View the KNOW YOUR RIGHTS (English) or the KNOW YOUR RIGHTS (Spanish)posters.
View the PAY TRANSPARENCY (English) or the PAY TRANSPARENCY (Spanish)Nondiscrimination provision posters.
View the Federal Workplace poster. View our EEO/AA Policy Statement.