Thank you for your continued interest in career opportunities with UNC Health! Please note the following:
**This referral program is applicable to teammates within UNC Health's core facilities and divisions. This includes UNC Health Caldwell, UNC Health Chatham, UNC Health Alliance, UNC Hospitals (UNC Medical Center, UNC WakeBrook, UNC Hillsborough, and UNC Faculty Physicians), UNC Health Johnston, UNC Physicians Network, UNC Health Rex, UNC Rex Holly Springs, UNC Health Rockingham, and Shared Services.**
Current teammates, looking to refer someone? Check out our Teammate Referral Program to earn extra cash!
Current teammates, please ensure that you submit your candidate in our system, before they apply. For teammate referral guidelines and eligibility, click here.
Current UNC Health teammates also now have access to our myCareer - Career Development Resources, which provide tools and guidance to employees to create a career plan.
This job posting is no longer active.
Job ID: 68152
Location: Chapel Hill, NC
Facility/Division: UNC Medical Center
Status: Full Time
Shift: Day Job
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 40,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
The Nuclear Medicine Supervisor administers and manages the Nuclear Medicine Program. This role also manages and facilitates educational needs/issues for Radiology.
1. Adopts and assist in the CQI process within the department and section, as well as those that cross into other departments within the Health Care System
2. Consults with departmental technical representatives in order to provide support to apply for continuing education credits from ASRT, SNMT, SDMS, and other professional organizations, for various in-service and continuing education activities
3. Coordinates and evaluates educational activities provided by other faculty for the Nuclear Medicine Program. Plans, designs, and manages class and clinical schedules for the Nuclear Medicine Program. Designs, prepares, and revises self-study and responses to accreditation surveys and site visits by appropriate agencies to maintain Nuclear Medicine Program accreditation(s).
4. Designs and revises handbook including all policies and procedures for the Nuclear Medicine Program
5. Maintains ASRT provider status for UNC Hospitals' Radiology Department and maintains ongoing records of approved-for-credit programs
6. Manages and executes the selection process for students for the Nuclear Medicine Program, including informational packages and sessions, applications, and interviews. Counsels students on academic, as well as financial, housing, etc., matters.
7. Plans, designs, instructs, and evaluates scheduled lectures/clinical activities as part of the curriculum of the Nuclear Medicine Program. Collaborates with Continuing Education Committee to provide planning, designing, preparing, instructing, and working in partnership to provide in-service and continuing education activities
● Graduation from an accredited Nuclear Medicine Technology program.
● Certified Nuclear Medicine Technologist (CNMT). Must maintain registry status and continuing education requirements annually.
● Basic Life Support (BLS) for Healthcare Provider certification
Professional Experience Requirements:
● No prior experience required.
Knowledge/Skills/and Abilities Requirements:
Legal Employer: STATE
Entity: UNC Medical Center
Organization Unit: Molecular Imaging
Work Type: Full Time
Standard Hours Per Week: 40.00
Work Schedule: Day Job
Location of Job: US:NC:Chapel Hill
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: No
This is a State position employed by UNC Health Care System.
Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
UNC Health makes reasonable accommodations for applicants' and employees' religious practices and beliefs, as well as applicants and employees with disabilities. All interested applicants are invited to apply for career opportunities. Please email [email protected] if you need a reasonable accommodation to search and/or to apply for a career opportunity.
The UNC Health System and the UNC School of Medicine are committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling our UNC Health vision of improving the health of all North Carolinians.
UNC Health is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, status as a protected veteran or political affiliation.
All interested applicants are invited to apply for career opportunities. Please refer to our Employment Application Accessibility page if you need a reasonable accommodation to search and/or to apply for a career opportunity.
To verify employment eligibility, UNC Health is committed to Form I-9 and the E-Verify process.
Learn further E-Verify details in E-Verify (English) or E-Verify (Spanish).
UNC Health supports your right to work. View the Right of Work Statement (English) or Right of Work Statement (Spanish).
View the KNOW YOUR RIGHTS (English) or the KNOW YOUR RIGHTS (Spanish)posters.
View the PAY TRANSPARENCY (English) or the PAY TRANSPARENCY (Spanish)Nondiscrimination provision posters.
View the Federal Workplace poster. View our EEO/AA Policy Statement.