Thank you for your continued interest in career opportunities with UNC Health! Please note the following:
**This referral program is applicable to teammates within UNC Health's core facilities and divisions. This includes UNC Health Caldwell, UNC Health Chatham, UNC Health Alliance, UNC Hospitals (UNC Medical Center, UNC WakeBrook, UNC Hillsborough, and UNC Faculty Physicians), UNC Health Johnston, UNC Physicians Network, UNC Health Rex, UNC Rex Holly Springs, UNC Health Rockingham, and Shared Services.**
Current teammates, looking to refer someone? Check out our Teammate Referral Program to earn extra cash!
Current teammates, please ensure that you submit your candidate in our system, before they apply. For teammate referral guidelines and eligibility, click here.
Current UNC Health teammates also now have access to our myCareer - Career Development Resources, which provide tools and guidance to employees to create a career plan.
Job ID: 72194
Location: Holly Springs, NC
Facility/Division: UNC Rex Holly Springs Hospital
Status: Full Time
Shift: Day Job
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 40,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
The Medical Lab Supervisor provides supervision of laboratory services and personnel for one or more clinical laboratories. The Medical Lab Supervisor responsibility and accountability may be for a single shift or up to twenty-four hours, seven days a week; however, the schedule is flexible and not on a holiday rotation. The Medical Laboratory Supervisor will be responsible for all aspects of Core Lab which includes Chemistry, Hematology, Coag and some microbiology. The ideal candidate must have at least four years of experience in the laboratory as a Medical Technologist, Cytotechnologist, or Histotechnologist.
1. Collects and analyzes data to evaluate products, processes, procedures, and laboratory needs.
2. Coordinates various programs and implements processes with other departments. Serves as a resource for employees, healthcare providers and professionals within and outside the UNCHCS.
3. Ensures compliance with regulatory guidelines. Establishes and reviews policies and procedures.
4. Manages personnel and administers personnel policies in accordance with the Healthcare Systems personnel policies. Responsible for Human Resource functions which include recruiting/hiring, performance evaluations, training, counseling and disciplinary action.
5. May perform teaching of Clinical Laboratory Science students and Pathology residents and fellows and new employees.
6. Provides input into the budget process (capital and equipment) by analyzing capital development needs and assessing the impact of new programs.
7. Provides leadership to laboratory staff to meet organizational goals.
● Requires Bachelor's of Science degree.
● Requires MLS/MT (ASCP), MT (NCA) or MT (AMT) certification for general lab supervision, CG (ASCP) if supervising Cytogenetics, CT (ASCP) if supervising Cytology or HTL (ASCP) if supervising Histology
Professional Experience Requirements:
● Requires four years of experience at the medical laboratory technologist, cytogenetic technologist, cytotechnologist, or histotechnologist level.
Knowledge/Skills/and Abilities Requirements:
Legal Employer: NCHEALTH
Entity: UNC Rex Holly Springs Hospital
Organization Unit: HS Core Lab
Work Type: Full Time
Standard Hours Per Week: 40.00
Work Schedule: Day Job
Location of Job: US:NC:Holly Springs
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: No
This position is employed by NC Health (Rex Healthcare, Inc., d/b/a NC Health), a private, fully-owned subsidiary of UNC Heath Care System. This is not a State employed position.
Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
UNC Health makes reasonable accommodations for applicants' and employees' religious practices and beliefs, as well as applicants and employees with disabilities. All interested applicants are invited to apply for career opportunities. Please email [email protected] if you need a reasonable accommodation to search and/or to apply for a career opportunity.
The UNC Health System and the UNC School of Medicine are committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling our UNC Health vision of improving the health of all North Carolinians.
UNC Health is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, status as a protected veteran or political affiliation.
All interested applicants are invited to apply for career opportunities. Please refer to our Employment Application Accessibility page if you need a reasonable accommodation to search and/or to apply for a career opportunity.
To verify employment eligibility, UNC Health is committed to Form I-9 and the E-Verify process.
Learn further E-Verify details in E-Verify (English) or E-Verify (Spanish).
UNC Health supports your right to work. View the Right of Work Statement (English) or Right of Work Statement (Spanish).
View the KNOW YOUR RIGHTS (English) or the KNOW YOUR RIGHTS (Spanish)posters.
View the PAY TRANSPARENCY (English) or the PAY TRANSPARENCY (Spanish)Nondiscrimination provision posters.
View the Federal Workplace poster. View our EEO/AA Policy Statement.