Thank you for your continued interest in career opportunities with UNC Health! Please note the following:
**This referral program is applicable to teammates within UNC Health's core facilities and divisions. This includes UNC Health Caldwell, UNC Health Chatham, UNC Health Alliance, UNC Hospitals (UNC Medical Center, UNC WakeBrook, UNC Hillsborough, and UNC Faculty Physicians), UNC Health Johnston, UNC Physicians Network, UNC Health Rex, UNC Rex Holly Springs, UNC Health Rockingham, and Shared Services.**
Current teammates, looking to refer someone? Check out our Teammate Referral Program to earn extra cash!
Current teammates, please ensure that you submit your candidate in our system, before they apply. For teammate referral guidelines and eligibility, click here.
Current UNC Health teammates also now have access to our myCareer - Career Development Resources, which provide tools and guidance to employees to create a career plan.
Job ID: 72490
Location: Lenoir, NC
Facility/Division: Caldwell Memorial Hospital
Status: Full Time
Shift: Day Job
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 40,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
Administers radiation therapy treatments to oncology patients. Works includes assessment, intervention, calculations, documentation and patient education. Works is performed under the general supervision of a radiation therapy supervisor and is evaluated by conformance to standards and procedures.
Position is Monday - Friday
1. Administers radiation therapy in accordance with physician's instructions and the patient's treatment plan. Enters data into computer and set controls to operate and adjust equipment and regulate dosage.
2. Assists physicians, radiation oncologists, clinical physicists and others as necessary to prepare physical and technical aspects of radiation treatment plans, using information about patient condition and anatomy. Constructs patient immobilization devices as ordered by physicians
3. Maintains patient and billing records, reports and files according to department policies and procedures, including information as radiation dosages, equipment settings, and patients? reactions
4. Performs routine and complex radiation therapy treatments such as total body irradiation, stereotactic radiosurgery, and low and high brachytherapy according to established practices and standards.
5. Prepares equipment and room for patient. Uses appropriate protective equipment and procedures to ensure safety of patients, self, and others. Performs quality assurance procedures per state and federal guidelines.
6. Provides on-the-job clinical instruction and evaluation for student radiation therapists.
● Graduation from a Radiation Therapy Technologist program approved by the Council of Allied Health Education and Accreditation (CAHEA).
● Radiation Therapy certification by the American Registry of Radiologic Technologists (ARRT) Or Board Eligible (must receive certification within one year of hire)
Professional Experience Requirements:
● No prior experience required.
Knowledge/Skills/and Abilities Requirements:
Legal Employer: NCHEALTH
Entity: Caldwell Memorial Hospital
Organization Unit: McCreary Rad Oncology
Work Type: Full Time
Standard Hours Per Week: 40.00
Work Schedule: Day Job
Location of Job: US:NC:Lenoir
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: No
This position is employed by NC Health (Rex Healthcare, Inc., d/b/a NC Health), a private, fully-owned subsidiary of UNC Heath Care System. This is not a State employed position.
Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
UNC Health makes reasonable accommodations for applicants' and employees' religious practices and beliefs, as well as applicants and employees with disabilities. All interested applicants are invited to apply for career opportunities. Please email [email protected] if you need a reasonable accommodation to search and/or to apply for a career opportunity.
The UNC Health System and the UNC School of Medicine are committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling our UNC Health vision of improving the health of all North Carolinians.
UNC Health is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, status as a protected veteran or political affiliation.
All interested applicants are invited to apply for career opportunities. Please refer to our Employment Application Accessibility page if you need a reasonable accommodation to search and/or to apply for a career opportunity.
To verify employment eligibility, UNC Health is committed to Form I-9 and the E-Verify process.
Learn further E-Verify details in E-Verify (English) or E-Verify (Spanish).
UNC Health supports your right to work. View the Right of Work Statement (English) or Right of Work Statement (Spanish).
View the KNOW YOUR RIGHTS (English) or the KNOW YOUR RIGHTS (Spanish)posters.
View the PAY TRANSPARENCY (English) or the PAY TRANSPARENCY (Spanish)Nondiscrimination provision posters.
View the Federal Workplace poster. View our EEO/AA Policy Statement.