Thank you for your continued interest in career opportunities with UNC Health! Please note the following:
**This referral program is applicable to teammates within UNC Health's core facilities and divisions. This includes UNC Health Caldwell, UNC Health Chatham, UNC Health Alliance, UNC Hospitals (UNC Medical Center, UNC WakeBrook, UNC Hillsborough, and UNC Faculty Physicians), UNC Health Johnston, UNC Physicians Network, UNC Health Rex, UNC Rex Holly Springs, UNC Health Rockingham, and Shared Services.**
Current teammates, looking to refer someone? Check out our Teammate Referral Program to earn extra cash!
Current teammates, please ensure that you submit your candidate in our system, before they apply. For teammate referral guidelines and eligibility, click here.
Current UNC Health teammates also now have access to our myCareer - Career Development Resources, which provide tools and guidance to employees to create a career plan.
Job ID: 70482
Location: Hendersonville, NC
Facility/Division: Pardee UNC Health Care
Status: Full Time
Shift: Day Job
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 40,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
The Histology / Pathology Section Supervisor provides day-to-day supervision of laboratory staff by ensuring proper staffing and inventory levels, managing performance, initiating and leading quality initiatives, and training and developing staff. This role supervises and performs tasks to prepare tissue and fluidic specimen samples for microscopic examination and analysis by a pathologist.
· Processes and analyzes specimens as defined by standard operating policies and procedures. Prepares specimens for analysis, ensures proper specimen identification and labeling, resolves specimen problems and performs analytical testing. Reviews results to ensure accuracy and records results. Prepares reagents, controls, and other standards.
· Corresponds with pathologist, performing additional specimen preparation and special stains as needed for further analysis. Serves as technical resource and subject matter expert to other lab staff.
· Performs quality control and participates in quality/process improvement initiatives. Ensures accuracy and compliance with organizational policies and regulatory guidelines. Establishes reviews and maintains policies and procedures. Reviews patient testing results, quality control, maintenance, troubleshooting and management reports to ensure accuracy, timeliness and correction of errors. Monitors daily operations of the department. Plans and monitors staffing levels inventory and equipment maintenance. Distinguishes urgency and assigns priorities to work.
· Supervises laboratory personnel. Drives performance management tasks, including hiring, performance evaluations, counseling and disciplinary action. Trains new and entry-level staff.
· Collects and analyzes data to evaluate products, processes, procedures, LIS functions, and laboratory needs. Provides input into the budget process (capital and operations) by analyzing needs and assessing the impact of new programs.
· Registered as a Histology Technician (HT) with the American Society for Clinical Pathology (ASCP).
· Seven (7) years of experience working in a histology technician role.
Legal Employer: Pardee - HCHC
Entity: Pardee UNC Health Care
Organization Unit: Lab Admin
Work Type: Full Time
Standard Hours Per Week: 40.00
Work Schedule: Day Job
Location of Job: PARDEEHOSP
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: Yes
The UNC Health System and the UNC School of Medicine are committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling our UNC Health vision of improving the health of all North Carolinians.
UNC Health is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, status as a protected veteran or political affiliation.
All interested applicants are invited to apply for career opportunities. Please refer to our Employment Application Accessibility page if you need a reasonable accommodation to search and/or to apply for a career opportunity.
To verify employment eligibility, UNC Health is committed to Form I-9 and the E-Verify process.
Learn further E-Verify details in E-Verify (English) or E-Verify (Spanish).
UNC Health supports your right to work. View the Right of Work Statement (English) or Right of Work Statement (Spanish).
View the KNOW YOUR RIGHTS (English) or the KNOW YOUR RIGHTS (Spanish)posters.
View the PAY TRANSPARENCY (English) or the PAY TRANSPARENCY (Spanish)Nondiscrimination provision posters.
View the Federal Workplace poster. View our EEO/AA Policy Statement.