Thank you for your continued interest in career opportunities with UNC Health! Please note the following:
**This referral program is applicable to teammates within UNC Health's core facilities and divisions. This includes UNC Health Caldwell, UNC Health Chatham, UNC Health Alliance, UNC Hospitals (UNC Medical Center, UNC WakeBrook, UNC Hillsborough, and UNC Faculty Physicians), UNC Health Johnston, UNC Physicians Network, UNC Health Rex, UNC Rex Holly Springs, UNC Health Rockingham, and Shared Services.**
Current teammates, looking to refer someone? Check out our Teammate Referral Program to earn extra cash!
Current teammates, please ensure that you submit your candidate in our system, before they apply. For teammate referral guidelines and eligibility, click here.
Current UNC Health teammates also now have access to our myCareer - Career Development Resources, which provide tools and guidance to employees to create a career plan.
Job ID: 55102
Location: Durham, NC
Facility/Division: Shared Services
Status: Full Time
Shift: Day Job
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 40,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
Procures a variety of services, equipment, and supplies on behalf of departments. Initiates and designs bids and proposals to award buying decisions. Participates in procurement sourcing teams for research, bid and contract management of supplies and services.
1. Assists in developing, documenting and administering policies and procedures regarding institutional procurement practices and, other duties as assigned.
2. Conducts analyses of commodities used, associated volumes of commodities, and buying habits of assigned departments to aid in cost-effective purchasing decisions. Tracks markets to anticipate customer needs, changes in such needs and the impact to existing contracts of the development of future contracts.
3. Establishes contracts using prudent buying practices, including analysis of GPO, local bids, state contracts, etc.
4. Facilitates and implements electronic commerce procurement practices in line with improved strategic supply relationships.
5. Procures a variety of services, equipment, and supplies on behalf of departments. Initiates and designs bids and proposals to award buying decisions. Participates in procurement sourcing teams for research, bid and contract management of supplies and services.
6. Serves as lead and operational resource for procurement matters for assigned departments. Educates and advises departmental customers on the use of the Lawson electronic purchasing process.
7. Serves as the primary liaison between UNCHCS and contractors/suppliers to fulfill contracts. Develops strategic supplier relationships to facilitate supplier input to enhancing cost reduction initiatives. Manages supplier performance associated with service delivery to departments and resolves issues related to supplier performance.
● Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Business Administration, Finance, Health Administration or related field (or equivalent combination of education, training and experience).
● No licensure or certification required.
Professional Experience Requirements:
● If a Bachelor's degree: Five (5) years of progressively responsible procurement or contract administration experience.
● If an Associate's degree: Nine (9) years of progressively responsible procurement or contract administration experience.
● If a High School diploma or GED: Thirteen (13) years of progressively responsible procurement or contract administration experience.
Knowledge/Skills/and Abilities Requirements:
Legal Employer: NCHEALTH
Entity: Shared Services
Organization Unit: Purchasing
Work Type: Full Time
Standard Hours Per Week: 40.00
Work Schedule: Day Job
Location of Job: US:NC:Durham
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: Yes
This position is employed by NC Health (Rex Healthcare, Inc., d/b/a NC Health), a private, fully-owned subsidiary of UNC Health Care System, in a department that provides shared services to operations across UNC Health Care; except that, if you are currently a UNCHCS State employee already working in a designated shared services department, you may remain a UNCHCS State employee if selected for this job.
Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
UNC Health makes reasonable accommodations for applicants' and employees' religious practices and beliefs, as well as applicants and employees with disabilities. All interested applicants are invited to apply for career opportunities. Please email [email protected] if you need a reasonable accommodation to search and/or to apply for a career opportunity.
The UNC Health System and the UNC School of Medicine are committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling our UNC Health vision of improving the health of all North Carolinians.
UNC Health is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, status as a protected veteran or political affiliation.
All interested applicants are invited to apply for career opportunities. Please refer to our Employment Application Accessibility page if you need a reasonable accommodation to search and/or to apply for a career opportunity.
To verify employment eligibility, UNC Health is committed to Form I-9 and the E-Verify process.
Learn further E-Verify details in E-Verify (English) or E-Verify (Spanish).
UNC Health supports your right to work. View the Right of Work Statement (English) or Right of Work Statement (Spanish).
View the KNOW YOUR RIGHTS (English) or the KNOW YOUR RIGHTS (Spanish)posters.
View the PAY TRANSPARENCY (English) or the PAY TRANSPARENCY (Spanish)Nondiscrimination provision posters.
View the Federal Workplace poster. View our EEO/AA Policy Statement.