Thank you for your continued interest in career opportunities with UNC Health! Please note the following:
**This referral program is applicable to teammates within UNC Health's core facilities and divisions. This includes UNC Health Caldwell, UNC Health Chatham, UNC Health Alliance, UNC Hospitals (UNC Medical Center, UNC WakeBrook, UNC Hillsborough, and UNC Faculty Physicians), UNC Health Johnston, UNC Physicians Network, UNC Health Rex, UNC Rex Holly Springs, UNC Health Rockingham, and Shared Services.**
Current teammates, looking to refer someone? Check out our Teammate Referral Program to earn extra cash!
Current teammates, please ensure that you submit your candidate in our system, before they apply. For teammate referral guidelines and eligibility, click here.
Current UNC Health teammates also now have access to our myCareer - Career Development Resources, which provide tools and guidance to employees to create a career plan.
Job ID: 72202
Location: Morganton, NC
Facility/Division: Shared Services
Status: Full Time
Shift: Day Job
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 40,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
Responsible for the overall planning and organizing the Information Technology function for an entity of the health system in alignment with system-wide IT strategy and enterprise architecture. Serves as the primary contact for entity leadership into the IT organization, and supports the implementation of system-wide and entity-specific IT initiatives by organizing and communicating to key entity leadership and operational functions.
Key objectives for this position are to:
- Focuses on ISD shared services implementation (including [email protected] and other enterprise platforms and infrastructure) and the ongoing optimization soon after.
- Provide superior information services to Blue Ridge through successful collaboration and relationship building with entity clinical, operational and financial leaders, staff, and providers.
- Effectively support and promote the adoption and use of the [email protected] solutions, UNC Health enterprise and information security policies, standards and processes.
- Manage a team of entity business analysts in collaboration with other onsite ISD staff, along with centralized remote ISD teams to provision a broad array of ISD shared services.
1. Communication - Effectively communicates expectations and responsibilities to subordinates. Actively listens and addresses issues and concerns promptly. Establishes a shared vision with employees.
2. Compliance - Ensures compliance with health system and external accrediting agency guidelines and regulations. Develops, maintains, and ensures adherence to policies and procedures related to IT security/privacy.
3. Customer Focus - Creates exceptional customer relations and maintains those relationships through continuing improvement efforts. Exhibits courtesy, cooperation, and respect towards customers.
4. Leadership - Directs entity-level business analysis and overall IT communications, develops goals and objectives, and administers policies, procedures and processes as needed. Maintains overall IT relationship with entity leadership.
5. Strategic Planning & Financial Awareness - Aligns entity-level objectives with organizational strategic plans. Develops operating budget and capital requests. Monitors financial performance and adjusts resources to maximize profitability while maintaining exceptional quality and service.
6. Technical Support Administration - Consults and provides technical support on technical aspects of entity-specific IT contracts. Oversees project budgets once established and implements projects in accordance with established project plan.
● Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems Management or related field (or equivalent combination of education, training and experience).
Professional Experience Requirements:
● If a Bachelor's degree: Eight (8) years of related experience and five (5) years of progressive management experience.
● If an Associate's degree: Twelve (12) years of related experience and five (5) years of progressive management experience.
● If a High School diploma or GED: Sixteen (16) years of related experience and five (5) years of progressive management experience.
Knowledge/Skills/and Abilities Requirements:
The ideal candidates must possess the abilities to build / grow / sustain business relationships through exceptional communications, project management and facilitation, and a variety of other management skills. Superior understanding of HIT (Healthcare Information Technology) solutions in the UNC Health portfolio is preferred. Other required and preferred knowledge, skills and abilities include: - Demonstrated experience with implementation of large complex Information Systems. - Demonstrated experience in the management of moderate to complex projects and an in-depth knowledge of project management software. - Excellent verbal and written communication skills, in addition to a demonstrated ability to bridge the terminology gap between Clinical, Financial, Operations, IS and front-line staff. - Comprehensive understanding of clinical workflow and health care based information technology. - Possesses strong organizational and presentation skills. - Definitive analytical ability and strong problem solving skills. - Developed interpersonal skills to work in a high profile and fast-paced team environment. - Knowledge of emerging technologies, resource allocation, capital and operating budget development and tracking, as well as thorough documentation is required. - Expert level knowledge of Microsoft Project, Excel, Word, Visio, PowerPoint, Access, etc.
Legal Employer: NCHEALTH
Entity: Shared Services
Organization Unit: IT Affiliate Support
Work Type: Full Time
Standard Hours Per Week: 40.00
Work Schedule: Day Job
Location of Job: US:NC:Morganton
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: Yes
The UNC Health System and the UNC School of Medicine are committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling our UNC Health vision of improving the health of all North Carolinians.
UNC Health is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, status as a protected veteran or political affiliation.
All interested applicants are invited to apply for career opportunities. Please refer to our Employment Application Accessibility page if you need a reasonable accommodation to search and/or to apply for a career opportunity.
To verify employment eligibility, UNC Health is committed to Form I-9 and the E-Verify process.
Learn further E-Verify details in E-Verify (English) or E-Verify (Spanish).
UNC Health supports your right to work. View the Right of Work Statement (English) or Right of Work Statement (Spanish).
View the KNOW YOUR RIGHTS (English) or the KNOW YOUR RIGHTS (Spanish)posters.
View the PAY TRANSPARENCY (English) or the PAY TRANSPARENCY (Spanish)Nondiscrimination provision posters.
View the Federal Workplace poster. View our EEO/AA Policy Statement.