Thank you for your continued interest in career opportunities with UNC Health! Please note the following:
**This referral program is applicable to teammates within UNC Health's core facilities and divisions. This includes UNC Health Caldwell, UNC Health Chatham, UNC Health Alliance, UNC Hospitals (UNC Medical Center, UNC WakeBrook, UNC Hillsborough, and UNC Faculty Physicians), UNC Health Johnston, UNC Physicians Network, UNC Health Rex, UNC Rex Holly Springs, UNC Health Rockingham, and Shared Services.**
Current teammates, looking to refer someone? Check out our Teammate Referral Program to earn extra cash!
Current teammates, please ensure that you submit your candidate in our system, before they apply. For teammate referral guidelines and eligibility, click here.
Current UNC Health teammates also now have access to our myCareer - Career Development Resources, which provide tools and guidance to employees to create a career plan.
Job ID: 73805
Location: Hendersonville, NC
Facility/Division: Pardee UNC Health Care
Status: Full Time
Shift: Day Job
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 40,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
The Pharmacy Technician II (Certified) will support the pharmacy staff in medication preparation and dispensing under the direction of a pharmacist.
• Supports daily Pharmacy operations, including but not limited to the following:
o Utilizes technology to pull medications for accurate dispensing and inventory control
o Communicates inventory concerns or special needs to the Pharmacy Procurement Coordinator
o Accurately completes controlled substance documentation
o Repackages medications compliant with local policy
o Assists nurses/clinical staff with Pyxis questions
o Sterile compounding of intravenous medications
o Non-sterile compounding of oral medications
• Maintains an organized and effective work environment under minimal direction
• Avoids errors through high attention to detail to prevent undesirable clinical outcomes
• Uses an array of business systems on a stationary computer workstation
• Delivers medications to patient care units in a timely manner
• Maintain efficient workflow and timely dispensing of patient medications
• Takes direction from pharmacist staff regarding clinical concerns/questions
• Optimize and develop working processes for self and peers in pursuit of lean operations
• Assist in training/onboarding new staff
Hired candidates will be required to register with the Board of Pharmacy within 30 days of hire for a nominal fee
• High School Diploma or equivalent required.
• Certified Pharmacy Technician (CPhT) from the national Pharmacy Technician Certification Board (PTCB) required or must be currently enrolled in an accredited PharmD candidate program
• Must have proficient pharmaceutical mathematics skills, including but not limited to multiplication, ratios, and percentages, as assessed by the CPhT test
• Physical Demands / Working Conditions
o Stands and walks majority of shift.
o Good eye-hand coordination.
o Light lifting and stretching.
o Frequent stressful situations.
• 3 years customer service experience
• Training as a pharmacy technician from an educational institution or in a hospital environment preferred.
Legal Employer: Pardee - HCHC
Entity: Pardee UNC Health Care
Organization Unit: Pharmacy
Work Type: Full Time
Standard Hours Per Week: 40.00
Work Schedule: Day Job
Location of Job: US:NC:Hendersonville
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: No
Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
UNC Health makes reasonable accommodations for applicants' and employees' religious practices and beliefs, as well as applicants and employees with disabilities. All interested applicants are invited to apply for career opportunities. Please email [email protected] if you need a reasonable accommodation to search and/or to apply for a career opportunity.
The UNC Health System and the UNC School of Medicine are committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling our UNC Health vision of improving the health of all North Carolinians.
UNC Health is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, status as a protected veteran or political affiliation.
All interested applicants are invited to apply for career opportunities. Please refer to our Employment Application Accessibility page if you need a reasonable accommodation to search and/or to apply for a career opportunity.
To verify employment eligibility, UNC Health is committed to Form I-9 and the E-Verify process.
Learn further E-Verify details in E-Verify (English) or E-Verify (Spanish).
UNC Health supports your right to work. View the Right of Work Statement (English) or Right of Work Statement (Spanish).
View the KNOW YOUR RIGHTS (English) or the KNOW YOUR RIGHTS (Spanish)posters.
View the PAY TRANSPARENCY (English) or the PAY TRANSPARENCY (Spanish)Nondiscrimination provision posters.
View the Federal Workplace poster. View our EEO/AA Policy Statement.