Thank you for your continued interest in career opportunities with UNC Health! Please note the following:
**This referral program is applicable to teammates within UNC Health's core facilities and divisions. This includes UNC Health Caldwell, UNC Health Chatham, UNC Health Alliance, UNC Hospitals (UNC Medical Center, UNC WakeBrook, UNC Hillsborough, and UNC Faculty Physicians), UNC Health Johnston, UNC Physicians Network, UNC Health Rex, UNC Rex Holly Springs, UNC Health Rockingham, and Shared Services.**
Current teammates, looking to refer someone? Check out our Teammate Referral Program to earn extra cash!
Current teammates, please ensure that you submit your candidate in our system, before they apply. For teammate referral guidelines and eligibility, click here.
Current UNC Health teammates also now have access to our myCareer - Career Development Resources, which provide tools and guidance to employees to create a career plan.
Job ID: 71369
Location: Goldsboro, NC
Facility/Division: Wayne UNC Health Care
Status: Full Time
Shift: Day Job
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 40,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
The Director, Anesthesia Services, oversees the performance, daily operations, programs, and activities of CRNAs, technicians and other teammates under the direction of nursing leadership. Ensures nursing protocols are followed and that team members deliver quality care to patients and their caregivers. Collaborates with surgical colleagues and teammates.
The Director is a resource to the department and uses the nursing process of assessment, planning, implementation and evaluation of patients to provide, delegate, supervise and document the care and teaching of patients and family members.
1. Directs and oversees the daily operations of the Anesthesia department.
2. Based on anesthesia team needs, builds and maintains a strong functional team through effective collaboration, training, mentoring, coaching, team-building and performance management.
3. Provides clear and effective communications regarding all hospital policies and practices. Serves as an internal expert and provides advice and guidance to peers and other teammates on all aspects of anesthesia policies and practices.
4. Develops and monitors programs/procedures to deliver effective and timely anesthesia services.
5. Serves as a resource and role model for anesthesia teammates.
6. Ensures appropriate anesthesia metrics and standards for service and quality are established and met.
7. Audits anesthesia practice metrics for accuracy and integrity.
8. Collaborates or directs collaboration with vendors to ensure equipment and supplies are maintained in a timely manner.
9. Fosters and maintains positive relationships with all anesthesia and surgical teammates. Presents and promotes a professional demeanor at all times, establishes high standards of customer service, supports responsibility, pride, and teamwork, remains calm under pressure, and offers reasonable solutions for problems.
10. Facilitates and/or provides training and mentorship to the anesthesia team, including staff development and regulatory compliance concerns. Keeps teammates informed on new products, equipment, safety issues, policies, applicable regulations, hospital news and all other relevant information. Leads and actively participates in teammate meetings.
11. Works with Surgical Services leadership in planning, problem solving and process improvement activities.
12. Participates in performance improvement activities. Seeks continued improvement of the efficiency and effectiveness of the anesthesia team.
13. In partnership with Human Resources and Leadership, makes recommendations on employee hires, corrective actions, terminations, promotions and similar actions. Completes performance reviews for the area, completes employee incident reports, and ensures correction of deficiencies.
14. Performs all duties of a CRNA.
Master's degree or higher from a school of nurse anesthesia approved by the State Accrediting Agency and the Council on Accreditation of the American Association of Nurse Anesthetists (AANA) required.
Licensed to practice as a Registered Nurse in the state of North Carolina and currently certified by the NBCRNA or its equivalent. Current BLS, ACLS and PALS certification required.
Minimum 7 years in a management or supervisory role in Anesthesia. Recent hospital experience as a CRNA required.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• Considerable knowledge of the procedures, materials, equipment and computer systems that apply to the nursing process and anesthesia practice.
• Knowledge of local, state and federal laws that apply to the position, as well as hospital policies and procedures.
• Communicates positively and collaboratively with teammates, supervisors, administration and providers.
• Leadership skills, e.g., maturity, job knowledge, professionalism, communication skills, etc. to lead, guide and motivate others.
• Ability to problem solve and work effectively with others. Works well independently and as part of a team.
• Handles multiple priorities and manages stress appropriately. Uses good organizational skills.
• Ability to consistently provide quality age-appropriate patient care with the ability to interpret, recognize, analyze difficulties in patient care situations.
• Ability to read, write and communicate effectively in English.
• Proficient in MS Office and able to learn new software rapidly. Experience with EPIC EMR desired.
Legal Employer: Wayne Health
Entity: Wayne UNC Health Care
Organization Unit: Anesthesia
Work Type: Full Time
Standard Hours Per Week: 40.00
Work Schedule: Day Job
Location of Job: WAYNE MED
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: Yes
The UNC Health System and the UNC School of Medicine are committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling our UNC Health vision of improving the health of all North Carolinians.
UNC Health is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, status as a protected veteran or political affiliation.
All interested applicants are invited to apply for career opportunities. Please refer to our Employment Application Accessibility page if you need a reasonable accommodation to search and/or to apply for a career opportunity.
To verify employment eligibility, UNC Health is committed to Form I-9 and the E-Verify process.
Learn further E-Verify details in E-Verify (English) or E-Verify (Spanish).
UNC Health supports your right to work. View the Right of Work Statement (English) or Right of Work Statement (Spanish).
View the KNOW YOUR RIGHTS (English) or the KNOW YOUR RIGHTS (Spanish)posters.
View the PAY TRANSPARENCY (English) or the PAY TRANSPARENCY (Spanish)Nondiscrimination provision posters.
View the Federal Workplace poster. View our EEO/AA Policy Statement.